(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

Shadowedeyes

Adventurer
Valda strides forward, drawing her blade, and attacks the orog in front of her. She knows she's not much of a philosopher, but the way she sees it, the best way to free the oppressed is to remove the oppressor. With her first strike she channels the power she stole from the fire giants, as fire wreathed her sword and attempted to bind the orog.

OOC:
+1 Longsword Attack Rolls: 1D20+9 = [16]+9 = 25
1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11

+1 Longsword Damage with Fire Rune: 1D8+7+2D6 = [4]+7+[5, 4] = 20

First attack I'm using the Fire Rune, which will require the orog to make DC 15 strength saving throw or be restrained. If he fails I would actually have advantage on the second attack, otherwise I got the 11 to hit and I assume miss.

Quinn follows Valda and sends a bolt of starlight streaking towards the Orog the Rune Knight just engaged. The bolt strikes the Orog and it begins to glow faintly. At the same time a glowing arrow of light streaks from Quinn and strikes the same Orog. Quinn moves up to the entrance to the room and prepares to cast another spell.

OOC: Action: Guiding Bolt at Orog1. Guiding bolt attack and damage: 1d20+10 26 4d6 10
Bonus Action: Bonus action Luminous Arrow at Orog1: 1d20+10 15 1d8+5 10
Luminous Arrow advantage: 1d20+10 26

If it has been more than 10 minutes since the last fight I will edit out the Bonus Action attack.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Eoghan encouraged the orcs to rise up and join the growing rebellion, and they nodded and rose, in spite of the half-ogre's threats. The threats held no teeth - Valda wrapped one half-ogre in flames and stabbed it as it struggled in the fiery bonds. Quinn let fly a glowing arrow that nearly felled the brute. Through the other door, Bible assaulted the other half-ogre with well-placed blows.

Bloody and utterly outmatched, both of them threw down their axes and surrendered.

OOC: They didn't have much chance.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Interviewing the captured half-ogres (cross-referenced with commentary by the dwarves, who were happily reunited with their kin, and the orcs, who's reunion with their kind was more standoffish) Eoghan and the others were able to get a picture of what to expect to the south, through a hole dug into the wall through what might have once been a worked hallway that had collapsed long ago.

More dwarves and orcs would be labouring, under the oversight of two stone giants and three orogs. At so late an hour (it was less than two hours before midnight) this was the night shift - one, if not both of the stone giants were likely to have turned in, leaving the orogs on watch. The giants lived, according to the dwarves, in a high stone alcove to the east.

To the west, they had uncovered some sort of temple. All were awed and terrified by it. Chief Nosnra had ordered them to continue digging eastward, day and night, in search of more such holy structures. Something more significant, it was said, was still to be found.

The path toward the workers was open, and the group could hear the shouts of an orog overseer, and the cry of a dwarf who was being disciplined for some unknown failure.

OOC: Press forward?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Tenibor tries first giant, then common if that doesn't work, with the prisoners. He confirms that after going south through the hole in this room, then turning west, one will come to a shrine of terror.

"You found this shrine by tunneling? Could those tunnels be collapsed?"

Last edited:

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
~<Two more giants, sleeping? I think we could make quick work of them. Let us press on while our magics are still active.>~

Remove ads