(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Jack looked over the prisoners, assessing their capabilities and potential to cause him trouble. The orcs were proud and independent. They were in no shape to cause trouble at the moment, but they would likely have their own ideas on how to proceed. In addition, Jack wondered if they would be offended to learn of all the orcs that had died at the hands of the party in the kitchen. They were busily picking through the bodies of the bugbears, arming themselves.

The merchant Zandor clearly had no head for the sort of danger they would find here. He was nervous to the point of shaking, and Jack doubted that he could keep his head in any conflict. The two guards seemed steady enough, and used to following orders.

The elf Tamanar would likely be a formidable ally. In spite of his injuries (and having been chained, dangling, to the wall of his cell), he moved with grace and purpose as he too, gathered what weapons he could off of the fallen bugbears.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
~<We need to move. Out the way we came, long underground passage, hidden cavern, or rescue more at the forge?>~ Eoghan asked again, with enough emphasis to show that the last option was his preference.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The younger races and their rushes to death. He holds his hand up in the universal sigh of "hold on a second".

Tenibor will ignore the entity in the closed cell for now. He greats Tamanar with the appropriate formality. In elven: "In one cell, we have found a passage (nods that way) in another something that is unclear (nods to the other)." "Know ye anything of these, or perhaps your fellow prisoners, that may be noteworthy?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tenibor and Tamanar greeted each other in Elven, discovering that they were removed cousins on Tenibor's paternal grandmother's line. While the politics were complex, this made them instant allies.

"A dark elf named Lutzhan E'gregan escaped about a year ago. I had only seen him once, as he was taken past my cell. No one knows what became of him. This must be the way he got out of his cell, but it may not lead to the surface. Indeed, it may not lead to any sort of salvation."

He stretched and rubbed his wrists, which were in rough shape from months of being chained, then he looked around and added, "As far as I have been able to gather, no one but Nosnra is allowed to enter the long hallway to the east. He orders anyone with him to wait here. While that has some interest to me, there are two giants to the south-west who delight in torture. I should very much like to end them."

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
"Gorshk!" exclaims Bible, turning to her wee companion. "Looks like things are about to get rough again."

Seeing the halfling is unarmed, Bible pulls a bellaying pin from her belt and hands it to Cordit.

"'Ere, I'm sure you remember how to use one o' these, in case you be needin' to defend yerself. But don' get any heroical type ideas. Stay back an' leave the fightin' to me."

To the others in the party, Bible thinks, ~<If only the chief is allowed in that hall, then maybe the prisikners'll be safe in there while we bust the rest of 'em out o' the forge. Le's check it out first though.>~

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
So Tenibor thanks the knight and apparently mentions the hall.

The mystery around it reminds him of some lore he learned before this adventure, from what seems like many months ago.

~Perhaps. But we must scout the hall first. Who knows to what it leads~

OoC: Is it the double doors to the north of his current position? Tenibor will carefully head towards this hall. Listening and going through those doors, as needed.

(Perception 14)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As a group, they continued to discuss their options. Cordit was happy to take the belaying pin from Bible. She nodded bravely and smacked it into her other hand, saying, "I'll give 'em what-for if they try to get me, but I'll stay outta th'way. I'll look out fer Zandor."

Zandor looked shaken at even the mention that he might need 'looking out for'. He looked as if he would be ill and said, "I could stay in my cell until it is safe!"

The orcs seemed to be prepared to set out on their own if the group wasn't interested in heading south, but they were willing to wait to find out which it would be.

Tenibor checked the long hallway, which arched away out of sight to the north-east. Evern with the hammering from the south, he could hear the sound of running water from somewhere in the distance up the hallway.

Olwen announced, "They have captured a group of dwarves, who are forced to assist a fire giant who works a forge. That is where the noise is coming from."

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
A fire giant. I knew it.

~The orcs want to go south? Will they fight?~

Tenibor will go 60 feet down the hall, or until he sees something.

Remove ads