(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
In elven: "this horrid stead was built on something much older. We must deal with the giants at the forge, but then this must be explored further."

To the group: ~We are finding signs of much older construction and natural caverns. It is worth exploring, but for now it may be better to confront the giants to the south. We are returning soon~.

Finally, to Bibles request, he searches carefully for who else may have been walking in this hall recently.

(Investigation 28...yes, another nat 20)

Last edited:

OOC: Sorry I am leaving on vacation tomorrow and will have little internet access. I was hoping to get a post up today but I am just too busy. Quinn will stick with Bible as he was near her for most of the search. I'll be back next weekend.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
"Ahoy!" Bible calls out into the cavern in a low voice, squinting at the darkness.

"Phooey!" she says, spitting on the cave floor as she turns to the guild thief standing over her left shoulder.

"Wha' ja think, Jack?" she asks. "This don't look too promiskin' as a way out and ain't no safe place for Cordit as I was hopin'. Le's go back in the hall and shut the door to keep whatever it is from sneakin' up behind us, unless you think it warranks further inveskigation."

Last edited:

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
~<Let's not wander too far, in case someone comes down or out. The long corridor is promising, but I'd say if we are going to rescue the dwarves from the fire giant, we need to do it now.>~

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
To Tenibor and the others, Bible thinks, ~<We found natural caverns in thisk direction too. Could be they connect up some way. But there's something in here too, something big.>~

As long as no response is perceived to Bible's Ahoy, she turns and leads Cordit out of the cell, closing the door when it's empty, and heads toward the room outside of the forge to reconvene with the party.

"Don't worry, me little Swee' Cordit," she says to her friend as they walk along the hall. "You'll be back on the high sea before you know it. We jus' has this one las' fight to win. We ain't gonna leave no one behind. Jus' stay out of the way and see you don't get hurt"

When she gets to the door to the forge, she removes her helmet and presses her ear against it to get an idea of what they're up against.

Last edited:

Blue

OOC: Just to sum up, the close options are:
Combat
Forge: Close-by. Fight a Fire Giant. Rescue Dwarves. Might be treasure or information.

Get out with what we have
Sure of route but not if still safe: Back the way we came.
Unsure of route - corridor: Long broken corridor that only the chief goes down. May have more information.
Unsure or route - cavern: Natural cavern that a drow escaped into. Might lead to the Underdark.

Mysterious
Unknown prisoner: Unlock the cell with the voice that made people uneasy.

Am I missing anything? We should probably pick one soon.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
OOC: Just to sum up, the close options are:
Combat
Forge: Close-by. Fight a Fire Giant. Rescue Dwarves. Might be treasure or information.

Get out with what we have
Sure of route but not if still safe: Back the way we came.
Unsure of route - corridor: Long broken corridor that only the chief goes down. May have more information.
Unsure or route - cavern: Natural cavern that a drow escaped into. Might lead to the Underdark.

Mysterious
Unknown prisoner: Unlock the cell with the voice that made people uneasy.

Am I missing anything? We should probably pick one soon.
OOC: I say the forge. With the dwarves, we should have quite a force, which may improve our odds in case we need to fight our way out.

Blue

OOC: I say the forge. With the dwarves, we should have quite a force, which may improve our odds in case we need to fight our way out.
OOC: The forge is my thought as well. Rescue dwarves, stop giants from forging more weapons and armor, chance for information the dwarves overhear.
And then likely escape down the long hall. If only the chief was allowed there, there shouldn't be any more giants to fight. And it's long enough it will likely lead outside the steading.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
OOC: The forge is my thought as well. Rescue dwarves, stop giants from forging more weapons and armor, chance for information the dwarves overhear.
And then likely escape down the long hall. If only the chief was allowed there, there shouldn't be any more giants to fight. And it's long enough it will likely lead outside the steading.

OoC: I think we have decided on the forge, or most of us have. But, I am still waiting to hear back from the DM on Tenibor's last check, and on Bibles.

Remove ads