(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

FitzTheRuke

Legend
There was little sign of movement in the old chamber at the end of the long hallway. It was likely that the chief didn't go down here often since the chamber had been cleared of its collapsed ceiling. The hole in the wall that lead to the natural cavern was more interesting. It appeared to have been tunnelled through from the natural cavern, not the other way around (as had been seen in the back of the cell). Something had broken through, and had done so some time since the collapse had been cleared. Rubble from the wall still lay scattered in front of the hole.

When the group reunited in the main chamber to discuss their plans with the liberated prisoners, Tenibor and Bible agreed that it was likely that the two parts of the natural cavern that they observed would join at some point.

Quinn, who had been gathering information from the ex-prisoners was able to point out two more options to add to Eoghan's list: The orcs claimed that there was more of them, enslaved and digging to the south (past the forge, but the forge could be bypassed, they said, by going down a large central corridor).

Other prisoners pointed out, (and Quinn had earlier heard the sound of it from near Tamanar's cell), that there were two hill giants torturing a prisoner (or two) in a room that was through a smaller door that was to the south-west (and directly north of the forge).

OOC: You have enough information from the prisoners that the characters should have a basic idea of the layout, so here's a map. The orcs' kin are through the doors at the bottom.
G1Forge0.jpg

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
~<I don't have much left, but I can polymorph one of us. It will last a full hour, and regardless of the beating that form takes, you will be as you are now when it ends. Valda, I see you are hurt some - would you like to be a fire-giant sized ape when we go in? I can only do one at a time, but I could do someone else.>~

~<Also I can give each of you the fey certitude again - both a few moments fleet of foot dancing around any blows plus some fortitude and vim. Perhaps that would be a good start to get us into position when the doors open and protect us some as well.>~

~<Hmm, so Forge first or Hills Giants first.>~

OOC: If someone wants to be a Giant Ape, here's the stats: Giant Ape
If no one does, Eoghan may do it himself. But that has more concern with losing concentration against high damage opponents like giants.

And my Bardic Inspiration can give five of us 8 tHP and the abilty to spend reaction to move up to your speed ignoring Opportunity Attacks.

Other than that I'm down to cantrips and items.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Cordit, when she heard about the option of being a giant ape, will squeak, "Ooh ooh! Pick me! I'd sure like t'give 'em what-fer as a big ol'monkey! I promise t'run away if I feel like I'm a-changin' back to wee meself!"

Tamanar suggested, "Perhaps we should strike the torture-chamber and forge simultaneously. There could be danger to the dwarves if we strike the north first and Smith Smolderheart hears, or to the prisoners of the torturers, who are sure to notice if we start at the forge."

Last edited:

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Jack nods upon hearing the wise elf's words. "Was thinking the same. If we got a big ape, maybe it and a couple o' others strike the forge through the double doors while another group attacks the torture chamber from the north - just like we handled the barracks upstairs."

Blue

Eoghan nods seriously at the halfling.

"Very well, erm, Cordit. A giant ape you shall be.

"As soon as we are in position I shall sign the dweomer."

OOC: @FitzTheRuke If you don't want to run the ape because you have a lot on your plate, I'd recommend offering it to @Hriston since Cordit is his to rescue. Not trying to give up responsibility, I'll gladly run. It just seems right to offer to him if you don't want to.

Shadowedeyes

Adventurer
Valda just nods as the others plan. She's not much of one for complicated thinking. After all, as the thieves guild always said, there needed to be both bosses and legbreakers, and Valda was comfortable staying in the latter.

OOC:
I completely forgot to post in this thread as of late. My bad! That said, I support the idea of making one of the NPCs a better combatant with the Polymorph. I've still got enough tricks I should be fine, barring some catastrophic luck.

Blue

"This also makes sure they can't run out the other exit for help. Jack, I like it. I'll tell people when the polymorph is done and then we can all burst through."

The seeming-orc takes on a contemplative look that does not match his magical disguise before adding, "If we have any healing, I think Bible and Valda may need some."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tamanar did not ask for healing, but it was obvious to all that he was not in top form. Equally, all the prisoners were weak from their ordeal. Any of them who planned to join in the raid would benefit from a spell or two.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases