(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Supporter
OOC:
@FitzTheRuke

Well, after getting feedback on distances, I checked my character sheet, and I wrote 10'. I wrote it TWICE! And then I saw your question, I was like, wait, that is the rule, and I went and looked at the rule again, and it says 5'. So ... I thought it must be a Tasha's or a subclass ability! So I checked... and nope. I am truly and utterly baffled on this.

to answer your question ... I got nothin'. That's why I over-explain my posts! Luckily, that was a 1,1,1 damage. Even so, I am truly horrified and appreciate the correction.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The broken door slooped to an awkward angle as the Colonel stepped inside and shocked a brutish-looking hill giant with lightning. The giants in the kitchen were reeling - barely able to get their heads straight after Gimlak's psychic assault. Donnell slipped through the door and slammed into a second giant, thrusting both shield and sword into her thigh. She stumbled back, and rather than following her, Donnell took a step back as well, leaving her open to Doc, who fired two screaming bullets into her chest. She stumbled even further back before striking a huge oak table - where she slumped to the dirt floor, dead.

Kahru came running down from the other door, with rage growing inside him - a rage that was further exacerbated by Waythe, who encouraged it with all her will. When he came to the sagging door, he thrust his way through, causing it to finally leave its last hinge. The door was heavy wood bound in iron, and over fifteen feet tall. When it came crashing down, it only narrowly avoided striking Donnell and the Colonel.

Gimlak remained hovering outside, and he attacked the mind of the largest of the giants, who stumbled around the table, carrying a large barrel. The remaining schlub threw a large clay disk - a plate perhaps - at Donnell that shattered on his shield sending broken chunks flying. The smaller giant then ran for the southern doors while the larger shuffled forth, still reeling from psychic shock, but he brought his barrel swinging down on the Colonel.

OOC: Doc & Donnell killed Schlub1; Schlub 2 did 7 to Donnell; Giant did 20 to Colonel.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Steading Kitchen
1718387010025.png

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Tables, doors; Visibility: bright (brazers); Cover: Walls.
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells (Etc) * (Notes)
(PCs)
Colonel AC19* HP 67/73 THP 0/14 HD 10/10 PP19* SSdc18 3/4 2/3 3/3 3/3 2/2 CD 2/2 WotS 5/5 MyS 1/1 DivInt 1/1
Doc AC14 HP 93/93 THP 6/14 HD 10/10 PP20* SSdc16 2/2 Wls 2/4 Crs 1/1 PL 4/4 Wsp 1/1
Donnell AC19* HP36/36 THP 4/14 HD 5/5 AS 1/1 2W 1/1
Gimlak AC18 HP 72/72 THP 14/14 HD 10/10 PP12 SSdc17 4/4 3/3 2/3 3/3 2/2 SpP 7/12
Kahru AC15 HP 66/93 THP 0/14 HD 10/10 PP17 SSdc15 4/4 3/3 3/3 WS 2/2 Rage 2/3 Staff 7/7
-Kahru-Bear AC12 HP 42/42
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(NPCs)
Young Dire Wolves AC12 HP22ea PP13(18)*
-DW1 22/22; DW2 16/22;
(BGs)
Hill Giant AC13 HP 71/105 PP12 (-1 next save)
Hill Giant Schlub AC11 HP 59ea PP8
-HGS1 0/59 HGS2 30/59
GM: Begin Round Seven

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: If the larger giant is within 5' of the Colonel when the barrle comes down, the Colonel will use his reaction for Storm Wrath -- 2d8=4 lightning damage (ugh, these rolls), Dex save vs DC 18 for half (2 points), but 10' push away.

Donnell
Race: Human
HP: 36/36 TH:4
AC: 17/19 w shield
Pass Perc: 14
Pass Inv: 10
Pass Ins: 18
Initiative: +2
Action Surge: 0/1
Second Wind 1/1
arrows: 16

Donnell attacks and moves away out of reach of the giant.

OOC: waiting for someone to move into melee range. If ogre makes save and isn’t pushed the. donnell will attack and bonus action to knock giant prone. Then disengage action and move to U37.

Worth trying now that he has -d6

Otherwise move in attack and trip and move north more than 10 feet from giant.

Please roll for me. I’m about to be out of cell service for the weekend. (Camping)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
As he burst into the kitchen the heavy door crashed to the floor, only narrowly missing Donnel and the Colonel, but Kahru did not stop running, he had spotted the giant schlub running for the south doors and so leaping the corpse in the door way he charged after the schlub, ready to chop it down...

OOC: @FitzTheRuke is each grid square 5' and does the corpse in the doorway count as difficult terrain? I think I'm just in dash range?
Waythe 2d6+1, Damage Str +3, vs Giant +2d6 (Knockdown DC 15): 1D20+8+1 = [2]+8+1 = 11
2D6+1+3+2D6 = [4, 1]+1+3+[4, 4] = 17

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Hill Giant is at VW 35-36 (there is no save for the push); the save in 1016 is a difference of two points damage).

The Colonel steps forward, as the giant is now pressed against the table. Again, the Coloonel raises a bare hand and strikes. And again, the thick hide of the creature deadens the lightning's damage that the Colonel wants to do.

OOC: Move 20' to X35.
Attack with Shocking Grasp with blessing: 1d20+10+1d4=27 HIT for 3d8 damage=7 (2 lighting, 5 radiant). 10' push away (no save). That should push him to TU 35-36, but there's a table there. So:
  • does he fall prone, knocked back onto the table?
  • does the table get pushed out of the way, with a loud squeek as the table legs are forced along the stone floor?
  • does the table provide enough resistance that the giant is not moved, but still face to face with the Colonel?

In the first two circumstances, the colonel will move 15' to V37 (still w/in 5')
If he's not moved, he'll stay where he is.

Still concentrating on Bless. HP 47/73.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Rolling for Donnell as requested.

Donnell moves up and attacks, but his blade misses. Like the colonel he is struggling to have an impact on this beast.

OOC: Move to V35 (or X35 if the table stopped the giant moving).
Attack: 1d20+5+1d4=9. MISS. Even if he's prone and has advantage, the result is the same. Ugh, I'm sorry.
Bonus: I don't see how Donnell can trip the giant with a bonus action, but he'll do that if he can. Otherwise, disengage and move back.

If he's still upright, that's probably best for us, since it means Doc can shoot him, without disadvantage. Shoot him, Doc!

Remove ads