(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Donnell didn't feel like he had any say in the matter. He didn't like the idea that they were backing out of a promise, however hastily made. Utharn had seemed an honorable enough sort, though the Emissary Laerthar had the usual air of a spoiled prince. The other two stone giants he knew little about, but he had seen how they'd treated the orcs and dwarves that were their captured workers. They'd worked them half to death without concern.

Still, it wasn't about the stone giants themselves - it was about having agreed to do it. He had personally agreed to nothing, but that felt like splitting hairs. Ultimately he decided that he did not like betraying the stone giants, and he said, "Perhaps we should ask Lord Faldur to delay the assault for one more day, so the Stone Giants can leave in peace. If they hold true to their word."

In Kahru's mind, Waythe squealed in dismay, voicing her objection. She could sense that Kahru's nature was a good fit to wield her, but so far there had been too much words of negotiation where bloody slaughter would be more to her liking. She was nearing the end of her patience.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Kahru did not want to wait, waiting a day might have been wiser but the Eagle Whistle he had been exiled to find was so close and and Waythe squealing in his head had him on the edge of rage, what if the zealot could not control it?

The Northmans day, was not settled, not the usual calm he felt before a raid. He listened to the Colonels strategy then turned to the tasks of polishing weapons, mending armor and offering devotions to the spirits and the Storm Bear. He watched the gate too assessing the guard changing waiting to see when Mudmuck and its mate might be back.

Once he knew the information he needed, he waited for darkness when his companions and perhaps the giants would be sleeping. Kahru the zealot called on the spirits of night to help him Pass Without Trace and then once more Kahru felt the tight muscles and warm feathers of a hawk close around him …

OOC: sorry for the pre-emptive attack, Waythe just wont be quiet about the need for strength and action now! So I’m off to make a solo raid on the watch tower. If anyone wants to notice my unsettled day, or me sneaking off and interact feel free to do so…

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc gave a thin smile, listening to the group. While he tended to abide the Colonel's wishes, he also knew that there was no use hankerin' for a fight when everyone's heart wasn't in it. Still, he couldn't help but wonder if there wasn't gonna be a reckonin' tomorrow. If not with those scoundrels in the tower, then certainly with the Sheriff in another time.

Doc was prepared to settle down and gamble and get his drink on with the posse as was his want, but couldn't help but notice that Kahru seemed full of the jitters. When he saw Kahru move away from the campfire late into the evening, Doc figured that his amigo might need someone to watch his back. Doc pulled together his winning, and then gave 'em back to the soldiers he was playing with with a nod.

Doc followed Kahru into the darkness.

OOC:
I'm back! And Doc goes into the darkness in support of Kahru.

Stealth: 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11

Ugh. Doc calls on the spirits to further shield him.

Past Life: 1D6 = [4] = 4

Stealth=15

Doc has added the Ring of Free Action into inventory. Let me know if someone has a more pressing need for it.

Doc AC14 HP 84/84 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP20 SSdc16 2/2 Wls 4/4 Crs 1/1 PL 3/4 Wsp 1/1

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: @Tonguez... should I assume that the spirits also work their silent, track-covering magic on the others? (Pass without Trace having C~10 targets). In case they want to follow you? Edit to comment: It appears we are passing the DAY by, but not the following night. So: Someone is going to have to return to the Cairn and/or Captain Caine's camp, and stop them from sending just under 50 men marching toward you by noon.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
OOC: @Tonguez... should I assume that the spirits also work their silent, track-covering magic on the others? (Pass without Trace having C~10 targets). In case they want to follow you? Edit to comment: It appears we are passing the DAY by, but not the following night. So: Someone is going to have to return to the Cairn and/or Captain Caine's camp, and stop them from sending just under 50 men marching toward you by noon.
OOC: Yes, the Pass without Trace applies to whomever joins me on the night raid, (shoulda guessed the gunman would like the dark :))
Also let Captain Caines Corp come, they’ll provide a good distraction as we do some infiltrating

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Yes, the Pass without Trace applies to whomever joins me on the night raid, (shoulda guessed the gunman would like the dark :))
Also let Captain Caines Corp come, they’ll provide a good distraction as we do some infiltrating
OOC: I'm sure they would cause a distraction - but they're coming at noon, so it wouldn't be a night raid at that point. The group reunited at about 7am, give or take.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The group had reunited at around 7am on the third day since they had first arrived. After the Colonel and Kahru's report, they observed the Steading for an hour as the sun rose to a misty morning. As the general discussion decided, Gimlak sent a telepathic message to Lord Faldur, recommending that the full assault be delayed by a full day.

They were not there to see it, but Captain Caine was outraged. He could do nothing but voice his objection when Lord Faldur gave his order, following GImlak's advice. The men at the camp, who had fully mustered by this time, stood down.

The group remained by the rocky tor. There was no reason at this time to return to the cairn, and plenty of reason to observe any changes that might happen at the steading. Indeed, changes occurred: At about 10am, the houndmaster left the steading, taking four of his dire-wolves with him. He returned five hours later, with the wolves, three hill giants (two males and a female), and a cave bear, who was lead by the giantess on a chain.

OOC: I'll let you respond to that, if you want, before moving us up to 10pm, when Kahru makes his move. In case you've forgotten, you let the wolves go on day 1, but they were rounded up by the houndmaster on day 2. We are currently working our way through day 3. I am happy to pass through day 3 as quickly as possible, but the place won't stay entirely static during that time.

Remove ads