(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: still here, notifications working fine. I hadn’t seen the new post. Sorry!

Silently from his vantage point, Gimlak is immobile He focuses and tries to corrupt the mind of the closest giant.

OOC: action: psionically cast ((no verbal no somatic elements) using 3 sorcery points (out of 12)) ennemies abound on the houndsman giant
Move: none

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc watches the wolves carefully while hiding in the bushes, and carefully concentrates on the lead wolf. Little doggie needs to go down thinks Doc as he carefully aims and fires at the first wolf.

OOC:
Apologies, I am usually inactive on weekends. I need to time to recharge my snark, um, Snarf.

Bonus Action- Hex on DW1.
Steady Aim (no move); cancels disadvantage for long range; should be advantage for surprise
First Shot: 1D20+9 = [9]+9 = 18
(forgot to roll with adv)
First shot, sneak (surprise), hex: 1D10+5 = [10]+5 = 15
2D6 = [1, 3] = 4
1D6 = [6] = 6

Hit for 25 damage.

Second Shot: 1D20+9 = [10]+9 = 19
1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20

Second Shot: 1D10+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D6 = [4] = 4

Hit for 19 damage.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Kahru scowled at the Deadman and the Colonel displeased that they had chosen to target the dire wolves instead of the giants. The druid still felt that the dire wolves could be saved once the giants who enslaved them were dealt to, and indeed Kahru knew that both he and his sword Waythe were in one accord: it was these foul schlubs that were the enemy and the target of their shared wrath.

As he advanced the northman focussed his wrath on the giants, projecting his passion into the land itself so that ground beneath the giants burst erupting earth and stone upwards to slam into their legs and bellies

OOC: Action: cast Erupting Earth in in the area beneath the Huntsman and Solka, 20-foot cube centered on that point. Ground in that area becomes difficult terrain. Giants get DC 14 Dexterity save or take damage, half on a save
Erupting Earth: 3D12 = [1, 6, 6] = 13

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The lead wolves scattered howling as the Colonel brought lightning down on them. They had scarcely recovered their wits, singed and hair on end, when Doc's dull report sounded from a nearby copse, and one-by-one, they fell to the ground, dead.

Already alerted by the strangely-gathering clouds that came mere moments before the lightning, the hill giant houndsman called out (in the giant tongue), ::Look out! Them smalls are about!::

He lumbered forward, lifting a large rock with intent to throw it at the Colonel. But two things happened: Kahru caused the ground around him to erupt in a hail of rocks. He stumbled forward and turned to see if Solka was harmed by it. That's when Gimlak entered his mind and made him see enemies everywhere. His eyes grew wide, ::They're behind us, too! Look out!::

He flung the rock over Solka's head and struck the hill giant who was furthest to the rear.

OOC: Sorry this took so long gang. I have a plethora of excuses, but there's no point in voicing them. I'll try to get moving again. Colonel zapped DW1 & DW2 for 20; Doc shot DW1 for 25 (it died, so he switched to DW2 for 19, also killing it); Gimlak cast Enemies Abound on the Houndsman, who threw a rock at HG2 for 23 damage; Kahru erupted for 13 damage to Houndsman & Solka. I will return in the morning to do the other giants and roll the round. Almost there, just ran out of time before bed.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The female giant recovered quickly from Kahru's earth eruption. She shouted in broken common, "I can do dat too! By Ogremoch!"

She began to chant, and large stones floated around her. She gestured toward Kahru and the ground erupted around him. Trees that he had been shaded by uprooted and fell and earth and stone burst about him, pummelling him. Then she gestured toward the Colonel, and two stones that were floating about her flung toward the soldier, crashing into him.

::Get dem!:: she shouted in giant, and one of the giants began to climb the steep slope toward Kahru, while she followed. Another giant rushed toward where Gimlak and Kaligan were, when Kaligan leaped impossibly high and landed next to the Houndsman, cutting into him with his sword.

The two remaining wolves bounded toward the Colonel, who was recovering from being struck by the large rocks.

OOC: Solka used a legendary action to move & throw 2 rocks & her action to cast Erupting Earth on Kahru who takes 14 bludgeoning (dc14 DEX save for 1/2); Her rocks did 16 & 19 to the Colonel. Kaligan did 15 to the Houndsman. The other giants dashed.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Ambush
1695060638151.png

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: fallen trees, rocky outcroppings; Visibility: bright (daylight); Cover: trees.
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells (Etc) * (Notes)
(PCs)
Colonel AC19* HP 31/66 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP19* SSdc18 3/4 3/3 3/3 2/3 1/1 CD 2/2 WotS 5/5 MyS 1/1
Doc AC14 HP 84/84 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP20* SSdc16 2/2 Wls 4/4 Crs 1/1 PL 4/4 Wsp 1/1
Gimlak AC18 HP 68/68 THP 7/13 HD 9/9 PP12* SSdc17 4/4 3/3 3/3 3/3 1/1 SP 3/12
Kahru AC15 HP 69or76/83 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP16 SSdc14 4/4 3/3 2/3 WS 2/2 Rg 3/3 Stf 7/7
-Kahru-Bear AC12 HP 42/42
Kaligan AC18* HP 76/76 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP14 PD 8/8 DT 1/1 TK 1/1 AS 1/1 2W 1/1 ID 1/1
(NPCs)
Donnell AC19* HP29/29 THP 0/13 HD 4/4 AS 1/1 2W 1/1
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs)
Chieftess Solka AC15 HP 124/137 PP14
Houndsman Varrg AC15 HP 113/126 PP13
Hill Giants AC13 HP105ea PP12
-HG1 105/105; HG2 82/105;
Dire Wolves AC14 HP37ea PP13(18)*
-DW1 0/37; DW2 0/37;
-DW3 37/37; DW4 37/37;
GM: Begin Round Two

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The rocks descend on the Colonel at the edge of the thick foliage, and with the second, he feels like his chest has caved in. A broken rib, probably. Nevertheless, while he is pummelled by them, he is able to hold his concentration on his spell.

Another lightning bolt shoots down, landing right next to the Chieftess.

The colonel braces himself for an attack boy the dire wolf bearing down upon him, until suddenly the winds clear him away and he lands on the other side of the copse.

OOC: Two DC 10 concentration checks (w/adv, warcaster): 1d20+2= 21 and 14. Pass, pass.
Action: call lightning on AB18 (both HG1 and Solka are within 5'). DC 18 dex check or 4d10=21 lightning damage, half on save.
Bonus: Misty Step to P6 (30' north, through difficult terrain) -- free casting.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Gimlak silently watches the fight from his vantage point. He concentrates, and quietly moves kaligan hoping to help the barbarian and then mentally lashes out at the giantess and the brute next to her.

OOC: bonus action: telekinetic pull Kaligan 5ft back from hill giant hounds man

Action: use 4sp to psionically cast synaptic static centered on aa17 (top right corner of the giantess, I’m on my phone so it’s hard to see) int save dc 17 or 28 psychic damage to all within 20 ft.
@FitzTheRuke I’ll let you roll the -1d6 for the attacks if applicable.

I’m also hoping that silvery barbs as a reaction will help against legendary resistance if applicable

Remove ads