(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: How far away is that hilltop from the rest of us?
OOC: I guess it depends on if you followed or stayed put. Though he had the benefit of avoiding the terrain, the Colonel wasn't flying very fast and the Roc did more advancing than he did (four times as much). So I'll say about 400 feet if you followed but did your best to stay hidden (what I assume to be the most ideal compromise). Let me know if you wanted to keep up and be seen (or stay behind and be very safe).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"If it is Thyffon," said Waythe to Kahru, having guessed as much from following the northerner's surface thoughts, "Don't give me back to him. It has been years since he has used me to slay his enemies. He is no coward, but he has taken to boring acts such as 'diplomacy' and 'ruling'. He now has others to do his slaying for him."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Thyffon smiled at the Colonel, but it was not a friendly smile. He said, "Freeing slaves? A noble goal, I am sure. But I do not think that is why you are here. Or am I mistaken that you are part of the company that took Chief Nosnra's fat head?"

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
OOC: I guess it depends on if you followed or stayed put. Though he had the benefit of avoiding the terrain, the Colonel wasn't flying very fast and the Roc did more advancing than he did (four times as much). So I'll say about 400 feet if you followed but did your best to stay hidden (what I assume to be the most ideal compromise). Let me know if you wanted to keep up and be seen (or stay behind and be very safe).
OOC: I would not have followed since I had no idea he would attempt to talk and thought he would return :)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Duvrael decides against using a spell at this time, preferring to save his magic for when he really needs it. Instead, he start strolling, for all appearances without a care, towards the hilltop.

The wizard tries to keep mostly under the cover of trees and large rocks, but does not go out of his way to remain completely unseen. The giant and the bird are too far off to consider him an immediate threat, he reckons, so he allows himself a gentle walk.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Thyffon glanced past the Colonel as Duvrael began to ascend the hill, but was unconcerned. "Well, what say you?" he demanded of the Colonel, "Do you admit to violence against Giant-Kind?"

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc hunkers down with the rest of the earthbound posse. He didn't much care for the rectifyin' the Sherriff gave him, and briefly thought about taking his frustrations out, but thought better of it and pulled his hat down low and waited, puffin' on his cheroot.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Thyffon smiled at the Colonel, but it was not a friendly smile. He said, "Freeing slaves? A noble goal, I am sure. But I do not think that is why you are here. Or am I mistaken that you are part of the company that took Chief Nosnra's fat head?"
"I have spoken the truth to you, your Royal Highness. The oaf was a slaver, cruel and contemptible, and he received what he deserved. There can be no allegiance with those who would hold others in captivity and those, like ourselves, who prize independence. And there can be no obligation to such, without embodying the fault itself."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Thyffon laughed and replied, "A cruel oaf he most certainly was! In fact, I do not fault you for taking his head. Violence is returned upon the violent. I am not interested in this 'alliance of giants' and I told Nosnra so. You may free your captive allies without my interference. I have simply come to search for my sword, which I believe you may have taken from my guest room while I was speaking with the Stone Giants."

Remove ads