[IC] Evilhalfling's Dark Sun

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
double post removed:

Fallen guards have obsidian short swords, leather armor, and wooden shields. Most carry a water flask, or a secondary weapon (like a net)

Side Note: Spellcasters can defile for extra power to each spell, or to regain spells. Most choose not to with every spell. But if you defile even once you detect as evil.

This is the Wagon you were riding in, a similar one is the lead wagon, the middle wagon (weapons wagon) is smaller, with no building on top of the bed and is pulled by one Mekillot

mekillot.png
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
OOC: It's [ ooc ] without the spaces closed by [ /ooc] without the spaces. You can use [ GM ] [ /GM] too for a nice GM-block.


Chtckh slung his sling at a raider and ran seventy feet toward the lead wagon to see what was going on up there. He hoped to keep moving to avoid being attacked. On the way, he spotted the spellcaster. He had never seen a spellcaster before, and had expected them to be far more monstrous. He saw a fallen guard and salvaged an obsidian sword and a net.

OOC: Probably should use the attack I rolled before, which almost definitely missed.
Perception: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
“There is always a straggler in a herd.” Plool muses under his breath. Spear gripped in both hands, he pounces on the opportunity, and the unaware raider. "WHOOP!" A short charge lands the spear in solidly the raider's side, allowing Plool to keep the momentum and deliver a flying knee to the stomach.

OOC: Two-handed spear(Advantage for being Hidden) 1d20+5= 20. 1d8+3= 8
Martial Arts Bonus Action: 1d20+5 = 21. 1d4+3 = 5

Assuming this fells the raider, Plool grabs whatever weapon he can from the body, preferably something with range, and then uses what's left of his movement to continue to the rock.

If the Raider isn't down yet, Plool will shuffle around the raider, placing them between him and the archers in order to use their larger body as a sort of shield against a possible volley
 
Last edited:
Varsk ignores the second singing stick in favor of several more daggers. From his hiding spot Varsk watches the two raiders cut down the helpful wagon guard. He hesitates briefly thinking to just stay hidden but thinks better of it and leaps towards one of the raiders the weapon sings through the air striking the elf. Varsk presses the attack and slashes with the obsidian dagger in his off hand.

The half elf prepares for the counter attack and hopes the others attack as well.

 

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Unable to recognize the elves of this tribe, any hesitation Dukkoti felt at defending the slavers against his own people is gone.

He rushed up to one of the guards nearest who were double teamed and struck the attacker hard with the bone shortsword he'd grabbed.

OOC:
Move: up to 35' to nearest guard/attacker combo
Shortsword Attack/Damage: 1d20+5 = 20, 1d6+3 = 9
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Blaze decides to stay close to Dukkoti, and he follows the elf. Attempting to flank the attacker, Blaze scores a hit on the marauder with his bone club, holding his spear ready in his other hand.

"Just like the arena," the fire genasi cackles, the sound of burning logs resounding in his voice.

 

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
That same round:
Varsk manages an extra knife.
Cal is taking shelter behind the weapons wagon, grabbing a dagger and a sling.
web has a range of 60' and is concentration-dependent
Dukkoiti also has a chance to grab a sling, and looking for ammo notices the giant hair rope, one of the slaves killed by archers had collected it. He still has a moment to decided on attacking with the sling or collect the equipment.
 
Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
He still has a moment to decided on attacking with the sling or collect the equipment.
Dukkoti looked at the rope and knew it meant life or death out there to have equipment in the wastes so he stowed the sling and grabbed the rope up so he didn't lose it in the heat of battle.
 

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Round 4:


The raider attacked by Plool is badly wounded but not dead. He seems unwilling to fight for the death. Instead he disengages and flees into the desert. His long graceful legs carry them just slightly further than a human could move.

Plool is left in the open as his cover flees, and is struck by 2 arrows. Chtckh rushes along the full length of the Caravan, and a couple of archers take shots at him, but has a better view of the situation. The Elf struck by Varsh turns on him hitting him with a short blade, and missing with a dagger

The raider attacked by both Dukkoti and Blaze was already slightly wounded by the guard and goes down.

Cal points out the Elven webcaster on the NW side of the caravan behind good cover. The second elf of the tag-team comes after Cal. Cal dodges, and the elf’s obsidian blade strikes the wagon instead and shatters. His off-hand is blocked by Cal’s magical defenses.

Then the Croudlu Calvary gets organized. Their captain a man who shares the same authority and ability of the nearby Mul, has them dressed in a line, ready to charge when suddenly his mount goes down. He jumps up and you can hear his angry yells over the battle. Some kind of minor, but well timed psionics.

The Calvary is coming, but its not here, and the slaves are continuing to die. The slaves are holding their own in melee, but the archers are picking off people in the open. You see a lot of slaves checking for escape routes. An elven slave shouts “the Mul lied, elves dont want us dead, we should go!”

The Mul is too busy fighting 4-1 to respond. He and the elf with the iron sword are slightly wounded.

Graarrk goes down, and arrows continue to fall around the older Sysra. He turns a blast of acid on the raider attacking him, but it just makes the elf mad.

You are near the front wagon, you can see the guards huddled inside, taking cover from the repeated fireballs. The mellikots pulling it are dead.
120' Across the mostly dry riverbed a party of elves stands in the middle of a great circle of defiler’s ash. The Matriarchs Inix is a smoking corpse, but the fortified platform seems charred but mostly intact, it is tipped over on top of its door. The elves move forward cautiously and a Grey cloak wrapped figure in the middle casts and

the fourth fireball explodes on the front wagon. It finally catches.

GM: Raiders ; Slaves: 3#1d20+4 23 6 9 3#1d20+4 7 19 5
Archers at NPCs: 3#1d20+4 5 17 24
Ploolx2, Thrikreenx2: 4#1d20+4 16 17 16 14
attacks varsh : 2D20+4 = [10, 4]+4 = 18
attacking cal at disadvantage, knife: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20

Damage Taken:
Plool 10 damage
Chtckh'Chtckh 5 damage
Varsh 4 damage.
 
Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
OOC: How much clearance do these wagons have? Enough for Plool to walk under, or would he have to crawl?
not enough for even a halfling toa walk under them, but you could manage a stooped dash with an athletics/acrobatics roll - otherwise it is difficult terrain.
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
The deadly reality of the situation had finally hit Plool, twice.

Graarrk had gone down. His opponent was running for their life rather than standing to fight. There was an unending bombardment of explosions behind him. And two of the raiders were aiming their finishing blows right at him. This was no arena fight, no hunt. It was a massacre in the making.

Someone had shouted shouted from behind him, pointing him to an elf cowering in the northwest. “A mage?” Plool could dodge a few arrows on his way to escape, but who knows what this mage was capable of, maybe it was the one launching the explosions too? He needed a way to tie up that mage while he makes for safer ground.

Taking in a deep breath in to focus himself and ignore the pain in his side, the halfing begins a sprint that shouldn't be possible for his short stature. Rushing first to the other side of the wagon, he begins to whisper a song of dread, his innate powers carrying the words directly to the ears of the mage.

R̸̛̛͉̚ụ̴̥̣͗ṅ̷̺̯̚,̵͍͝ ̴̧̮̭̎̂͒r̷̳̟͎̓u̸̺͊̾͝ñ̸̨͚͜,̷̣́̾̇ ̵̮̬͍̚ẗ̴̘́́͝ḩ̵̛͌͝ê̸̬̬͖̄ ̵̬͚̂̕͝h̴͚̍̽̐ư̴̩͔̎͠n̵̤͗́͒t̸̮̉ ̶̡̲̺͠ḥ̸̛ȁ̴̱̦s̶̝̬̑́ ̷̨̼͓̅c̷̼̹̲͑͝͝ỏ̷̙̠̗́m̴̪͌̂ȅ̶͇̃

̶͇͌R̷̛̻u̴̠͐́͐n̶̳̓̾̍,̴̏̎̇͜ ̴͖̖̖̓r̷͓̐̿͗ų̷̘͕́͗͠n̷̫̻̓,̸̡̪̝̔̓̀ ̸̢̪͗̍ǒ̷͙̖͙̐͝r̸̯̅̑ ̵̛̪̳̀ỳ̵̼o̸͙͕͆̉u̶̜̦̤͊̋̏ ̷̗̹͂w̸̢͛ï̸͉̈l̶̠̻͑̈̄l̸̮̠̈́̽ ̷̥̀̉̕b̷͖̹̋̋e̴͒̄̊͜ͅ ̸̨̬͝d̴̤̹͝o̴̥͕̒̊n̶̰̩̅͜͠e̶̻͐̾̇!̴̥͊̌͂


Then, as soon as the words leave his lips, he doubles back and dives under the wagon, steeling himself to run after the next volley, and hopefully grab something useful the way.

OOC: Bonus Action Step of the Wind, Dash.
Using Dissonant Whispers on the Mage. 3d6=11 damage DC 13 WIS save (for 1/2 damage and no running away)
Acrobatics Check =10
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Upon hearing a slave call out that the attacking elves don't want their deaths, Blaze retorts instantly, "But they don't care about our lives, either!"

The genasi spots an archer approximately 60 feet away, and with a short run throws his spear at the raider. It lands harmlessly in the sand, however.

OOC: Making a ranged attack (with disadvantage) with the spear:
Blaze spear thrown:
2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [7, 15]+4 = 19
(I meant LOW so that's 11)
1D6+2 = [2]+2 = 4
 
Varsk barely dodges the dagger strike. Uses the momentum of the dodge to lash out with his singing stick, Varsk connects with a viscous slash to the side of his opponent. Not waiting to see if the assailant drops Varsk moves for cover behind the wagon.

OOC: Attack on engaged Elf Raider w/ Damage: 1d20+5 17 1d6+3 7

If this drops the elf I will move then Bonus action hide. Bonus action Hide Stealth Roll: 1d20+7 17.

If the elf is still alive then I will bonus action disengage and move behind the wagon so I am out of line of site of the archers.
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top