[IC] Evilhalfling's Dark Sun

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Dukkoti saw one of the archers down near him and ran for the body and the bow. He slid down next to the body using it as a shield.

OOC: move 30', action: dash 30', slide prone in the sand next to the body of the fallen archer.
Free object - grab the bow
 

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The Battle Turns -
The other slaves look nervously between Blaze and the elven slave, teetering on the edge of breaking.

An archer fires back at Blaze the first one takes him dead in the chest, it sinks pretty deep and that’s never a good sign. The second arrow misses.
A fresh attacker stops to try and finish off the wounded Blaze, but misses badly.

The elvenspell slinger is rocked back by the fearful message playing in his head – and jumps up and runs away. As he flees the darkness in his own soul opened by Plool the webs sealing the door vanish.

Varsk quickly smashes down his enemy and then vanishes amid the wheels of the low wagon.

The raider Cal is fighting takes the blow without flinching but looks around for his partner. He snarls in anger and dives under the wagon after Varsk, but he does not hide as well. [dc 13 to find, varsk is hidden from him]
Dukkoti sizes the bow, and sees the dead elf is also carrying a waterskin, a smaller fancier bottle and a quiver full of arrows.
Chtckh'Chtckh is sheltering behind the NW corner of the burning wagon. He was distracted by the Inix and its platform, and his miss-cast stone bounces off a rocky outcrop and thuds against the box.

It rocks back and forth and the matriarch, slides out a tiny gap under the box, looking like she has no bones at all. She looks around wildly for a new threat. The elven defiler and his group had crossed the riverbed, and the defiler races his hands and creates another massive circle of dying plants, killing off several trees struggling for life on the banks.

The guards come pouring out of the burning first wagon, carrying armfuls of supplies, trade goods and papers. A young well-dressed human man emerges as well and tries to order them back in. “On the second floor, I dropped the Pendant of the Living Storm! someone needs to go get it!”

The elven archers lob a few more arrows at the slaves, then the ones on the north side of the caravan begin to withdraw towards the front, some firing at the approaching cavalry. The Crodlu riders sweep towards the front of the Caravan, riding in a group as many of the archers flee along the same path. The last of the original guards goes down.

Fresh guards begin to pour out of the rear wagon, circling around to the south to attack the elves in melee.
The Mul Captain and the Elves exchange devastating blows and are both badly wounded.

 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
The cavalry comes, and with it a much needed shot of resolve. Plool isn't going to just leave Graakk to die a slave, not if he can help it. Not like how he was left.

Plool rushes to the side of the fallen dwarf, tearing off his sleeve to make a tourniquet in an attempt to keep what's left of Graakk's lifeblood inside.

Unfortunately, there is nothing the halfling can do at this point. The wound is far beyond what meager understanding Plool can muster. Any chance that Graakk lives will have to depend on what resilience the dwarf can summon.

OOC:
Medicine: 1d20+3=6
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
The fire on his head momentarily goes out as Blaze is hit in the chest with an arrow. With a loud boom as if a keg of oil suddenly explodes, the fire returns and washes out of the genasi, engulfing the elf who tried to hit Blaze with a sword and burning away the protruding arrow.

"Come over here and fight like a man!" he yells to the distant archer, while moving behind the melee assailant to have some cover from any new arrows.

OOC: Wild Talent: Heat Wave, melee assailant and any others within 15 feet take 10 (2d8) fire damage and is pushed 10 feet away; DC11 Con save means half damage and no pushing.

Blaze Heat Wave fire damage: 2D8 = [8, 2] = 10


Heat Wave
A wave of flames sweeps out from you. Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d8 fire damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn't pushed. In addition, unsecured objects that are completely within the area of effect are automatically pushed 10 feet away from you by the spell's effect, and the spell emits a thunderous boom audible out to 300 feet.

If I'm not mistaken, no allies are within that range (because Dukkoti ran to a fallen archer) so it hits only opponents.

HP 15/25
 

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Dukkoti stood to his knee, knocked an arrow, and let fly in one smooth set of motions. His arrow flew true and struck the defiler in his upper arm, then Dukkoti ducked down once again, taking cover from the other archers.

He was the biggest threat to everyone... the archers were retreating.

OOC:
Move: stand up from prone (1/2 movement)
Action: attack defiler, hit AC 22
Damage: 6 piercing damage
 
The raider Cal is fighting takes the blow without flinching but looks around for his partner. He snarls in anger and dives under the wagon after Varsk, but he does not hide as well. [dc 13 to find, varsk is hidden from him]
OOC: Can I just use Varsk's Passive Perception of 13 and assume I see the raider? If not let me know and I will roll.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Chick stood indecisively for a moment, twitching his antennae. Then suddenly, he swung his sling and sent a stone straight and true for the defiler. He skittered up onto the burning wagon and grabbed the fallen pendant. Without stopping, he ran as fast and as far away as he could manage.

OOC: Just trying to get out of the blast radius if another fireball comes down. I dunno if I can get all that done but remember that he can move 70 feet with his expeditious retreat.
Sling: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
1D4+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Crit: 1D4 = [3] = 3
 

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Round 5
The Elf nimbly dodges most of the wave of flame from Blaze. But he sees the guards coming and bolts. Blaze is close enough to catch one of the elves fighting the Mul Captain as well, and that elf does go down.
The captain meets Blaze's eyes and gives him a nod.

Dukkoti smashes an arrow into the elf mage, and this attracts a few of the archers on the war wagon. Another arrow pierces the lesser mage’s thigh and he goes down.

Under the wagon the elf takes a dagger to the chest, collapses. He probably has some items tucked in his cloak, belt, and clothes.

The dying dwarf gasps out his last. To Plool “In .. . Dragons Bowl, halflings in the cliffs … they know…”

Chtckh'Chtckh dashes in like the wind and has no trouble locating a piece of jewelry on the floor of the second level. It is set with a large cloudy white stone. Even without the stone the chain and setting would be worth many ceramic coins. He bolts back out and heads south away from the main conflict, but is still close to the caravan. A couple of the Archers follow him out of the burning wagon.

Cal dodges an attack aimed at him by one of the elves, and judges the distance between himself and the fallen mage – it is at least 90’ to the north but no one else is headed that way yet. (he has a move action left this round if he wants to make the run)

With the arrival of fresh guards from both wagons, the elves begin a fighting withdrawal to the north, cutting down a few more slaves as they go. The Mul Captain and the Old slave Sysra survived. The elven archers retreat to the front of the caravan bunching up, and several are wounded by the lizard riders.

The Black-Cloaked defiler is struck by Chtckh’Chtckh’s arrow, but instead of turning to the thrikreen he takes aim at the exposed Matriarch. She dives back behind the dead lizard as a massive fireball explodes around her, turning the sand to glass and the few scraggly plants to burning brands. His six guards close in on the badly burnt old woman, as she draws herself to her feet to face them. She appears to do nothing, but holds up a hand to stop anyone from the caravan from coming to her aid.

The way to the south towards the dragons bowl is looking pretty open. The caravan guards have gained control of the field, but if the defiler and his bodyguard kill the matriarch, more fireballs could turn the battle back in a hurry.

The defiler is at long range from all PCs except Chtckh’Chtckh.

GM: Chtckh needs a con save, DC 11 or he will take 2d6 [7] damage from fire & smoke. No damage on success. I rolled a perception check [15,] to find pendant.
save vs heatwave: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20
archers attacking defiler: 2D20+4 = [1, 17]+4 = 22
2D20+4 = [7, 1]+4 = 12

Matriarch Save 1d20+3 = [15]=18
 
Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
OOC: Are there any other raiders left near Plool? Most of them seem to be dead or running away at this point, and spears don't exactly have the best range. If not, maybe a shortbow on a dead guard?
 

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
OOC: Are there any other raiders left near Plool? Most of them seem to be dead or running away at this point, and spears don't exactly have the best range. If not, maybe a shortbow on a dead guard?
The guards on the ground don't have bows, their archers are all on the shooting gallery of the wagons.
your right about the lack of elves staying to fight. you could check for a dead elven archer with a shortbow or other loot.
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
“They know?” Plool asked a question he knew wasn't going to be answered.”They know what?”

It was a cold comfort to the halflling, that he did not leave the dwarf in his last moment of need. At least in presence he could prove himself better than Cerk, if not exactly in effectiveness. The memory of betrayal connected some dots for Plool, did Graakk mean they knew where Cerk was? Druids do have mystical abilities. At the very least, they could offer refuge, and there wasn't really anything left for Plool here. Maybe it's time to finally make for freedom.

Plool darted among the fallen, looking for supplies. Water, shortbows, knives, whatever looked useful. That defiler wasn't running, so he expected another explosion. Best to be in the south when it comes.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Chtckh'Chtckh got out of the fire unscathed. He tucked the pendant away and noticed archers following him. He decided that he still needed a bow if he was going to live, so he made an impossiblly sudden turn and ran back to the archer, using the swords he had been holding in his upper hands. He hacked away at the archer, determined to take the raiders bow.

OOC: I don't know why coyote is suddenly being kind to me. That's three 20s in a row (with last round). Con Save: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25
Sword: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25 for 1D6+3 = [3]+3 = 6
Bonus Action Sword: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15 for 1D6 = [4] = 4

Crit: 1D6 = [2] = 2
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Blaze grins at the Mul captain, glad to know they're on the same side, at least for now. As a gladiator the genasi knows about temporary alliances and this one helps keep the slaves a bit more safe -- for now.

He does not yet know what will happen, or what he wants to happen, once the raiders are gone.

Blaze roars, a sound somewhere between a shout and a whoosh of a burning fire, and with red eyes the slave warrior turns his attention to the archer that ran away...

OOC: Enter Rage (which is an Action), then move after the archer.

I don't know why coyote is suddenly being kind to me. That's three 20s in a row (with last round).
Ha, I guess that's why I got three natural 1's in rapid succession. Chance is a fickle mistress! ;)
 

Advertisement

Top