log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Prickly Pear

Explorer
Chrysagon continued up the stairs and briefly paused next to Rodrigo as he contemplated the pit and the rope. Hold the rope tight, Crysagon called out to Rodrigo, I'm going across!
Chrysagon easily found foot holds in nooks and crannies throughout the hallway and scrambled swiftly across the pit holding on to the rope. Rodrigo's help was invaluable. Once inside the shrine, he assessed the scene and locked eye with his target. You're next, he mumbled.

Cimbing across the pit trap hallway: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [7, 17]+5 = 22. More than 20 for the Athletics skill check — No difficult terrain!
Action: Dash.
Move: to S16, or so.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Two hunters rush at the mummy that hurt their shaman, but in limited space and with the haste there is flurry of swings, but only one good hit. Myrral uses the opportunity to strike at the mummy archer from the relatively hidden position behind his more physical comrades. And it being swarmed and defending from multiple positions opens enough for him to cut the tendons under the bow-holding arm.

It would cripple the living creature, but this one...just keeps fighting.

"Once this one goes down, I'm marking our side with faerie fire! Don't be alarmed and use the light to guide your weapons."

OOC: hopefully covered enough for disadvantage from those further away
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu/Moah’s temple ruins
Afternoon
Round 3

Another mummy down, Dellrak strode determinedly along the wall, ignoring the arrow that caught him in the side. He stalked to the next mummy to hack it to pieces next.

OOC: 9 goodberries available.


OOC: Death Curse: You now must spend Hit Dice to regain HP in a Long Rest (as well as a Short one) and you only regain 1 HD at the end of a Long Rest. Additionally, Short Rests take 2 Hours. Everything else about resting follows the usual book-rules.


Save:
Move: To W14
Free Object Interaction:
Action: X14
Attack 1: Greataxe attack: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
1D12+4 = [5]+4 = 9

CRIT!
Extra CRIT damage: 1D12 = [9] = 9
Attack 2: Greataxe attack: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23
1D12+4 = [10]+4 = 14

Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Planar Warrior damage: 1D8 = [8] = 8
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Opportunity attack: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9

Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 32/49 HD: 5/5d10+2
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 1
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Miss Imogen hears the rattle on her hip, and as she reaches for an arrow feels the limited number of arrows remaining in her quiver.

She takes a quick shot at the nearest of the creatures, looming down on her from above, hoping to finish it off.

OOC: No move.
Action: Attack A10 at X14: 1d20+9=14 if a hit damage = 1d8+5=7 piercing.
 

Chrysagon made his way quickly across the hallway, holding onto the rope and scraping his boots on the wall until he stood over the moss-covered mosaic. In one corner, the three tabaxi struggled with a mummified chultan, who raked at Myrall as they struggled to bring it down. Two of the archers on that side shot Brapp in the back as he tried in vain to help his shaman.

On the other side of the room, Dellrak ducked past Harb's swinging staff and cleaved one of the statue-like mummies from the wall - the torso fell to the ground twitching, but harmless. Harb's staff came down hard on the head of another and it fell limp as Immogen's arrow bounced off of a fleck of rock that still clung to the flailing body. Yet another arrow broken.

The archers on the north-wall fired and Dellrak took the brunt of it. One arrow that came toward Imogen lost all momentum as its shaft and fletchings became covered in frost, and it fell to the ground spent of momentum.

As Rodrigo continued to hold the rope, Weed climbed along it and through an arrow loop, next to where Ukee was hiding. The vegepygmy found itself in the eastern side-room, with a complete statue of an enormous serpent. Miss Imogen was not far away, and Weed headed toward her.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Chrysagon climbed & dashed to (S16)
Dellrak did 26 & 14 (axe) damage to A9 (Destroyed)
Harb did 10 (staff) damage to A10 (Destroyed)
Imogen missed (bow)
Myrral did 6 (knife) damage to A2
Rodrigo
held the rope
(NPCs)
Braapp missed (sword)
Grrol did 11 (sword) damage to A2 (Destroyed)
Kasqa guarding ship
Qawasha guarding ship
Kupalue climbed to (W20)
Ukee dodged
Archer1 destroyed
Archer2 did 3 (rake) damage to Myrral
Archer3
did 4 (bow) damage to Brapp
Archer4 did 8 (bow) damage to Brapp
Archer5
missed Imogen
Archer6
did 11 (bow) damage to Dellrak
Archer7
missed Dellrak
Archer8
did 4 (bow) damage to Dellrak
Archer9
destroyed
Archer10 destroyed
Archer11 destroyed
Archer12 destroyed
 

GM: Encounter: The Sticks vs Archers at the Shrine of Mao in Omu

Moa4.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Archer1 (Dead); A2 (O17); A3 (O14); A4 (O12); A5 (O10); A6 (R10); A7 (U10);A8 (X10); A9 (Dead); A10 (Dead); A11 (Dead); A12 (Dead);
(PCs) Chrysagon (S16); Dellrak (W12); Imogen (X16); Harb (W13); Myrral (P17); Rodrigo (T24);
(NPCs) Braapp (P16); Grrol (O16); Weed (W20); Ukee (U18)
(General Features) Visibility: "Dark" (Harb has a torch);
Terrain: "Spiked Pit" (S18-T23) (Rodrigo has a rope)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Chrysagon AC18* HP 36/36 HD 5/5 PP10* SS 3/3 CD 1/1 LoH 25/25 (Res Nec&Rad)
Dellrak AC15 HP 17/49 HD 5/5 PP15* SS 4/4 2/2 (Res Psn)
Harb AC15 HP 23/33 HD 5/5 PP14 KI 2/5
Imogen AC17 HP 33/38 THP 0/5 HD 5/5 PP12 SS 2/2 FS 3/3
Myrral AC14 HP 15/34 HD 5/5 PP17* SS 4/4 3/3 2/2 Ins 2/3
Rodrigo AC18* HP 44/44 HD 5/5 PP15 SD 4/4
(NPCs)
Braapp AC14 HP 21/33 HD 6/6 PP13*
Grrol AC14 HP 33/33 HD 6/6 PP13*
Kupalue (Weed) AC13 HP 9/9 HD 2/2 PP12*
Ukee AC12 HP 3/3 HD 1/1 PP13
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
Archer1
30 (Dead); A2 21; A3 0; A4 0; A5 0; A6 17;
A7 19; A8 0; A9 40 (Dead); A10 26 (Dead); A11 32 (Dead); A12 22 (Dead);
GM: End Round Three; Begin Round Four
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
With the archers next to him both felled, Harb quickly recovered. Finding another pair of the creatures who he could distract, the monk seemed to fly across the room to lock the two into melee combat where their capabilities were hampered by proximity. There, he made a much better accounting of himself, bludgeoning one to death before turning his attentions on the other.

Mocing to P11 and attacking O10 first.

Quarterstaff and Flurry: 2#1d20+5 23 17 2#1d8+3 8 8 2#1d20+5 16 11 2#1d6+3 6 8

Ki: 1/5 remaining
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Miss Imogen dodges another arrow, and as the archer next to her is killed, not by her bow, she leaves her longbow aside and pulls instead at the long thin belt that she always wears. She moves past the mosaic on the floor, and into the center of the room.

As she does, the belt uncoils in her hand, loop after loop snaking onto the ground, and soon the long leather strap is unbound she pulls back her shoulder and, driving her arm forward, snaps her wrist.

The belt-whip cracks against the archer in front of her.

OOC: Move to U12
Melee attack Archer 7 at U10: 1d20+7=19 to hit. If a hit damage = 1d4+4=5 slashing.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Another storm of blades even with the limited space available and the creature in the corner slumps down, disabled. The hunters immediately move to the next in line while the shaman rattles some of his jewelry growling something. The result is a dark green light, the one you could see if you were on the ground on a sunny day under the jungle canopy.

Everyone: advantage to attacks against A4, A5 and A6 if they fail the save @FitzTheRuke
Attacks vs A2 if destroyed the hunters move to flank A3
Grrol to O13
Braapp to O15
Hunters attacks A2 and A3; damage: 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13;1D6+3 = [5]+3 = 8;
1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16; 1D6+3 = [4]+3 = 7;
1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10; 1D6+3 = [1]+3 = 4
1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24; 1D6+3 = [1]+3 = 4

hit
AC 13 for 8
AC 16 for 7
AC 24 for 4 <-- if the above hits and kills this one goes against A3 and first attack gains advantage

If attack with advantage: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20

If A2 dies, A3 is hit with 8 damage (AC 23 and 24)

Cast Faerie fire O12, O10 and R10 need to make Ref save DC 14 (along with any PCs in the area O10-R13
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu/Moah’s temple ruins
Afternoon
Round 4

Dellrak grunted as he took two more arrows in the back. He was looking like a bleeding pincushion as he strode over, business-like, to the next mummified archer on the wall. He gave no thought to his wounds as he hacked at it with his greataxe.

OOC: 9 goodberries available.


OOC: Death Curse: You now must spend Hit Dice to regain HP in a Long Rest (as well as a Short one) and you only regain 1 HD at the end of a Long Rest. Additionally, Short Rests take 2 Hours. Everything else about resting follows the usual book-rules.


Save:
Move: To W11 (he has movement to move to the next one if the first attack destroys his first target)
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Attack X10
Attack 1: Greataxe attack: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25
1D12+4 = [7]+4 = 11

Attack 2: Greataxe attack: 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22
1D12+4 = [11]+4 = 15

Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Planar Warrior damage: 1D8 = [2] = 2
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Greataxe attack: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24
1D12+4 = [11]+4 = 15

Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 17/49 HD: 5/5d10+2
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 1
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
Chrysagon arrived in the dimly lit room of the shrine, illuminated only by Harb's torch. He looked around at the mayhem. The hunters were on his left, tearing at some mummified archers and the ranger and warrior was on his right, wreaking havoc amongst the archers. Suddenly, 3 of the archers in the far left corner lit up in a dark green dim light, making them very easy to spot.
The shaman must have done his magic again, Chrysagon thought. Perfect, I know my targets! And with that, he charged forward and attacked the first of the archers.

 

The tabaxi shaman's spell revealed the weaknesses in the undead creatures that lined the west wall, and the two hunters tore apart the one there, and moved their way up the line, hacking with their short swords. Groll was scratched by one of the things, but not badly.

Harb and Chrysagon crossed the room together, advancing on the same position. Harb swung his staff, knocking the head from one of the mummified archers as he passed it, and struck again at one in the corner, while Chrysagon laid two mighty blows with his flail to another. Those two struck back, raking them with a sharp end of the old bows.

While Dellrack hacked one to bits in another corner, Miss Imogen whipped her belt around one in the middle and she pulled it free from the wall. It landed on the floor and twitched until it lay still.


GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Chrysagon moved to (P12) & did 12 & 9 (flail) damage to A4
Dellrak
moved to (W11) & did 13 & 15 (axe) damage to A8 (Destroyed)
Harb moved to (P11) & did 8 (staff) to A6 (Destroyed) & 8 (staff) & 6 (foot) damage to A5
Imogen
moved to (U12) & did 5 (whip) damage to A7 (Destroyed)
Myrral cast faerie fire
Rodrigo held the rope
(NPCs)
Braapp moved to (O15) & did 7 (sword) damage to A2 (Destroyed)
Grrol moved to (O13) & did 4 & 4 (sword) damage to A3
Kasqa
guarding ship
Qawasha guarding ship
Kupalue missed (sling)
Ukee dodged
Archer1 destroyed
Archer2 destroyed
Archer3 did 4 (rake) damage to Grrol
Archer4
did 3 (rake) damage to Chrys
Archer5
did 5 (rake) damage to Harb
Archer6
destroyed
Archer7 destroyed
Archer8 destroyed
Archer9 destroyed
Archer10 destroyed
Archer11 destroyed
Archer12 destroyed

OOC: Close enough. There's only 3 left, they're faerie fired, damaged, and the whole party to go. I'll call it here.

The Sticks and their allies advanced on the remaining mummified chultan archers, who glowed with Myrall's light that revealed their vulnerable spots. They hacked, slashed, beat, and tore them from the walls, until all was quiet in the dusty dark chamber.

GM: End of Combat

Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Chrysagon AC18* HP 33/36 HD 5/5 PP10* SS 3/3 CD 1/1 LoH 25/25 (Res Nec&Rad)
Dellrak AC15 HP 17/49 HD 5/5 PP15* SS 4/4 2/2 (Res Psn)
Harb AC15 HP 18/33 HD 5/5 PP14 KI 1/5
Imogen AC17 HP 33/38 THP 0/5 HD 5/5 PP12 SS 2/2 FS 3/3
Myrral AC14 HP 15/34 HD 5/5 PP17* SS 3/4 3/3 2/2 Ins 2/3
Rodrigo AC18* HP 44/44 HD 5/5 PP15 SD 4/4
(NPCs)
Braapp AC14 HP 21/33 HD 6/6 PP13*
Grrol AC14 HP 29/33 HD 6/6 PP13*
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral looks over the wounds of his companions and announces "Rest time! Exploration can wait, with the curse active we cannot afford to let the wounds fester."

OOC: I realize it's 2 hours now, but I'd rather use Song of rest than spells for recovery
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb relaxed slightly once the last of the creatures had been dispatched. He took a short moment to inspect his own wounds as he spoke.

"Agreed, we may also want to check the wounds for any slow-acting toxins or diseases. The deity this temple was made for doesn't seem to be above the use of such."
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Miss Imogen takes her belt, and re-winds it around her waist, pulling in the rich fabric and cinching the knot so that it sits above her hip, where her hand can rest on it. She blows into her hands to make a small ice mirror, and uses it to help adjust the fabric on her shoulders, so that it sits well. The mirror soon melts in the heat.

She then gathers up what arrows she can. With all the archers, she hopes to relenish those in her quiver. If there's enough for a second quiverful, she will take that too. The bows themselves seem to fit awkwardly in her hand, but she takes the bowstrings in case she needs them as well.
 

Miss Imogen was terribly disappointed to find that whatever necromancy had animated the mummified archers had faded with their slaying, and every arrow she picked up was worthless - old, rotten, broken, or brittle. Worse, many of her own arrows had not survived impacting with the creatures (or the walls when she'd missed).

She was dangerously low on arrows.

OOC: Just role-play it for now!
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu/Moah’s temple ruins
Afternoon
Round 0

Dellrack brushed the dust off his axes, limping over to rejoin the others. “D’ye want me t’ feel aroon’ f’r any more o’ these undead?” he asked. He dug out the last of his goodberries and popped them into his mouth, munching on them.

He settled down with the others to rest and bandage his wounds.


OOC: Death Curse: You now must spend Hit Dice to regain HP in a Long Rest (as well as a Short one) and you only regain 1 HD at the end of a Long Rest. Additionally, Short Rests take 2 Hours. Everything else about resting follows the usual book-rules.


Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 26/49 HD: 2/5d10+3
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 1
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
Chrysagon looks over the scratch he received by one of the mummies. You'd not want wounds to get infected now, do you? Wounds can fester rapidly here in the jungle, he said and sealed the scratch. How are you all faring?


OOC: Crysagon uses Lay on Hands, 22/25 left
 


Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top