log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb hissed at the sound of grinding stone. He looked about to see Delrack shoving one of the statues aside. Then the sound of crumbling stone seemed to fill the air, along with a lot of dust. Even from the entryway. He could barely make out that the floor there no longer seemed to exist dashing to Delrack's side, the monk twice attempted to strike the nearest statue to the dwarf while covering him with his own body, though he slipped into his defensive stance, twirrling his quarterstaff and dancing around in hopes of deflecting or dodging any incoming missiles.

Move, strike and dodge. Also, locking as many of them in melee range as possible to force disadvantage and the like.

Quarterstaff: 1d20+5 10 1d8+3 9
Quarterstaff: 1d20+5 24 1d8+3 5
Forgot that I have extra attack now.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Omu/Moah’s temple ruins
Afternoon
Round 1

“Oh, bluidy ‘ells,” Dellrak grunted as he watched the stone crumble from the mummies and draw their bows.. “O’ course.” He drew his greataxe and stepped to the nearest archer, swinging hard, his weapon glowing with magica force.

Greataxe, Planar Warrior: 1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15
1D12+1D8+4 = [7]+[6]+4 = 17


OOC: 9 goodberries available.


OOC: Death Curse: You now must spend Hit Dice to regain HP in a Long Rest (as well as a Short one) and you only regain 1 HD at the end of a Long Rest. Additionally, Short Rests take 2 Hours. Everything else about resting follows the usual book-rules.


Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction: Draw greataxe
Action: Attack nearest archer


Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack

Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 5/5d10+2

Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 1
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I've attached excel map to this post @FitzTheRuke your link is broken


Myrral quickly pulls one of his nets and wraps it around the nearest archer using its throw as the cover and positions himself right between two monsters, his small dagger looking weak against these monsters.

Net against A1; damage: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22
1D4 = [3] = 3
damage taken only if action to free itself fails STR DC 12
It is restrained, has the disadvantage on all attacks and all attacks against it have the advantage

Move: P17
Reaction: Cutting words to grant disadvantage on an archer NOT ADJACENT to Myrral and targeting him
 

Attachments


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The hunters look at one another, snarl, and position themselves so they can target the archer their shaman just wrap-packaged. It seems the net works like an arrow attractor as four arrows fly against it and all clatter against the creature.

 


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ooc: hmmm, no line of sight for the watchers. Maybe that one stright across? With covers probably, but if there is nothing to shoot from the outside, simply move them inside. Climbing speed and old wall go will together
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
We did string a rope along the hall with some pitons. Should be possible to traverse the gap with an athletics check?

At least it's in a spoiler now. Not that I suggest spoilers for regular OOC chat in the IC tthread.
 
Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Miss Imogen looks up from the mosaic as it crumbles from beneath her feet, and sees the archers bearing down on her. Her first thought is that each of them has arrows that will fit her bow.

Uncertain what is happening, and unable to see clear enough for a shot, she calls to her companions to protect themselves. Meanwhile, she sees the layout of the room from Harb's torch, and positions herself between two pillars. Miss Imogen is not a strong woman, but she understands the power of a lever.

With her feet against the corner pillar and her hands against the one next to it, she pushes as hard as she can, shimmying up towards the archers themselves, a cross beam between the two pillars.

Hard as she tries, she is unable to get them to budge, and as the caked stone crumbles and the figures come to life, she slips falls to the ground.

OOC: Move to X16.
Action: Acrobatics: 1d20+7=8. Ugh, really? I was so pleased with this idea. Fumble = fall to the ground and make no more moves? If she can get out she will; she's no good without light.
 

As the mosaic shifted to the sound of crumbling stones and the archer "statues" animated, the Sticks burst into action. Harb rushed to help Dellrak as the mummified Moa cultist reached through the statue to grab at the dwarf. Harb smacked the thing away with his staff, giving Dellrak room to cleave the thing with his axe. The desiccated head fell to the floor as the creature on Dellrak's other side grabbed him from behind, pulling him off balance as the archers opened fire.

Miss Imogen began to climb the wall, heading for the hole in the ceiling - a potential quick way out. She used a pillared ridge in the wall for climbing leverage, but an arrow struck the wall just above her head, which caused her to falter, and then she was struck by another arrow in the back - it wasn't deep, but the blow was enough to drop her back to the floor.

Myrral growled and his tabaxi friends rushed into the building, climbing along the hallway's walls to avoid the spiked pit that now spanned the hall. Myrral threw his net over the closest foe and jumped past it, trying to protect the others. In spite being netted, the mummified cultist swung its upper body around, distracting Myrral while another nearby one reached out to grab him, and yet another fired an arrow. Myrral suddenly roared at the archer, which would often throw off an opponent's aim. The archer seemed to react to his attempt, but not as much as he expected, and the arrow struck him in the leg.

Around the room many of the archers fired in the direction of Angis at the secret door, but Harb was in the way, and the monk swung his staff, blocking all but one arrow that grazed his forearm. Outide, Rodrigo secured the rope, which now hung in loops from each of the arrow-slits along the eastern wall.

GM:
(PCs)
Dellrak did 17 (axe) damage to A12 (Destroyed)
Harb moved to (W16) & did 5 (staff) damage to A12 & dodged
Imogen moved to (X16) & climbed, then fell off the wall
Myrral netted A1 & moved to (P17) & cutting words -2 attack to A3
Rodrigo
fixed the rope (now dc12 to climb down the hallway)
(NPCs)
Braapp dashed (climbing) to (T21)
Grrol dashed (climbing) to (S10)
Kupalue dashed to (X28)
Ukee dashed (flying) to (P24)
(Enemies)
Archer1 helped A3 while netted
Archer2 grappled Myrral (dc13 acrobatics to escape, first try is free)
Archer3 did 4 (bow) damage to Myrral
Archer4 missed Imogen
Archer5 did 5 (bow) damage to Imogen
Archer6 missed Harb
Archer7
missed Harb
Archer8
did 5 (bow) damage to Harb
Archer9 missed Harb
Archer10 did 6 (bow) damage to Angis
Archer11 helped A10
Archer12
died
 

GM: Encounter: The Sticks vs Archers at the Shrine of Mao in Omu
Moa2.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Archer1 (Q17); A2 (O17); A3 (O14); A4 (O12); A5 (O10); A6 (R10);
A7 (U10);A8 (X10); A9 (X12); A10 (X14); A11 (X17); A12 (Dead);
(PCs) Dellrak (W17); Imogen (X16); Harb (W16); Myrral (P17); Rodrigo (T24);
(NPCs) Braapp (T21); Grrol (S19); Weed (X28); Ukee (P24);
(General Features) Visibility: Inside "Dark" (Harb has a torch); Outside "Bright"
Terrain: "Spiked Pit" (S18-T23) (Rope dc12 to climb at half speed)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Dellrak AC15 HP 43/49 (Res Psn) HD 5/5 PP15* SS 4/4 2/2
Harb AC15 HP 28/33 HD 5/5 PP14 KI 4/4
Imogen AC17 HP 33/38 THP 0/5 HD 4/4 PP12 SS 2/2 FS 3/3
Myrral AC14 HP 30/34 HD 5/5 PP17* SS 4/4 3/3 2/2 Ins 2/3
Rodrigo AC18* HP 44/44 HD 5/5 PP15 SD 4/4
(NPCs)
Braapp AC14 HP 33/33 HD 6/6 PP13*
Grrol AC14 HP 33/33 HD 6/6 PP13*
Kupalue (Weed) AC13 HP 9/9 HD 2/2 PP12*
Ukee AC12 HP 3/3 HD 1/1 PP13
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
Archer1
0 (netted); A2 0; A3 0; A5 0; A6 0;
A7 0; A8 0; A9 0; A10 0; A11 0; A12 22 (Dead);
End Round One; Begin Round Two
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
GM: Encounter: The Sticks vs Archers at the Shrine of Mao in Omu
OOC: I should have explicitly written so, but tabaxi have feline agility that lets them double move "for free". If that is not to get them inside and shoot, dash should be enough.
 
Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
That last arrow seemed to have hit harb, but at yhe last instant he brought the near end of his staff up. A resounding twang sounded through the chamber and the arrowhead flew off in one direction while yhe fletching side twirled erratically off in another. The monk seemed none the worse for his close encounter.

Reaction to deflect missiles, minimum roll will negate all the damage but he can't catch/throw the arrow because he's wielding a stick in both hands.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Miss Imogen winces as the arrow nicks her back. She feels it frost up, and as she refocusses her eyes Harb is suddenly right next to her -- she barely saw him move. She stands to her full height, and taking her bow lets loose two shafts at the north end of the room.

OOC: (will target A6 and A7 because I think i have line of sight without moving. If I need to move past Harb and back, fine, but this nook is a good place to stay.)
Bonus: fighting spirit (advantage, +5 thp; 2 uses left)
Action: Fire at A6, with sharpshooter. 1d20+4=20. If a hit, damage = 1d8+14=17 piercing.
Action Surge:
Action Fire at A7 with sharpshooter. 1d20+4=19. If a hit, damage = 1d8+14=19 piercing.

first roll accidentally anonymous. It's one roll before the one I put her name on, and screenshot below.
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.26.34 PM.png
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb noted Miss Imogen's gasp of surprise, but when he looked around she was looking at him. He noted her arrows flying out to strike two of the mummified archers and decided it was safe to step away. Positioning himself next to two others he swung his staff once at each and then followed up with a series of punches and kicks in hopes of finishing at least one of them off.

Move to W13, Attacking X14 first. Since the second staff attack likely missed he'll focus hos other attacks on x14 until it dies, or he runs out of attacks.

Quarterstaff: 2#1d20+5 19 9 2#1d8+3 7 11
Unarmed: 2#1d20+5 12 20 2#1d6+3 6 9
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Grrol i Braapp drop down around the first statue, the one netted by Myrral and start "working" on it. In a flurry of cuts and stabs they manage to ravage the mummified flesh beyond the ability of the magic to hold it together. The last slash practicaly severs the body from the stone and it slumps still entangled in the net.

The shaman joins the fun by dancing away and slashing low into the torso almost at the point where it meets the stone of the next archer in line

 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Omu/Moah’s temple ruins
Afternoon
Round 2

Dellrak grunted as an arrow caught him, but the dwarf just reached up and yanked it out, tossing it to the floor. He yanked his axe out of the re-dead mummy and swung around at the next one beside him, slashing twice with his axe.

OOC: Forgot I get two attacks! Also, didn’t realize Planar Warrior is only once per turn.


OOC: 9 goodberries available.


OOC: Death Curse: You now must spend Hit Dice to regain HP in a Long Rest (as well as a Short one) and you only regain 1 HD at the end of a Long Rest. Additionally, Short Rests take 2 Hours. Everything else about resting follows the usual book-rules.


Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Attack A11
Attack 1: Greataxe attack: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16
1D12+4 = [7]+4 = 11

Attack 2: Greataxe attack: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17
1D12+4 = [12]+4 = 16

Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Planar Warrior damage: 1D8 = [5] = 5
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Opportunity attack: 1D20+7 = [2]+7 = 9
1D12+4 = [5]+4 = 9

Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 43/49 HD: 5/5d10+2
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 1
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
Chrysagon had heard the cries and screams from the battle. He left his post at the sky-ship and came charging in.

Action: Dash
Move: R28, or thereabouts...
 

Harb spun his staff and blocked an arrow from hitting him. As Dellrak hacked a nearby mummified chultan warrior to bits, Imogen stood stoically and let two arrows fly from her bow, striking two of the creatures on the far wall, square in the chest. They ignored the injuries and returned fire, striking Dellrak and whisking past Imogen's ear. Harb stepped forward, slamming the nearest warrior with his staff and his boot. That one and the one next to it fought back, raking at him with arrows in one hand and thumping at him with their bows in the other. Ukee flew into the room, but with arrows flying everywhere, she shrieked and flew back out, huddling for cover in one of the arrow-slits in the hall.

On the other side of the room, the tabaxi hunters had climbed out of the hallway and tore the netted warrior limb-from-limb. Myrall wrestled with on that held him with its bow wrapped about his torso and stabbed at him with an arrow. The tabaxi shaman stabbed the creature with a knife, and was struck by two arrows fired by nearby mummified archers.

Outside, Rodrigo held the rope and called out for those inside to fall back. Worried for his friends, Chrysagon left off guarding the Little Star (which seemed safe from danger) and ran forward to see if he could help. Weed, too came up the temple's stairs, but he did not dare to enter.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Chrysagon dashed to (R28)
Dellrak did 16 & 16 (axe) damage to A11 (Destroyed)
Harb blocked an arrow & & did 7 (staff) & 9 (foot) damage to A10
Imogen
did 17 (bow) damage to A6 & 19 (bow) damage to A7
Myrral
did 4 (knife) damage to A2
Rodrigo
held the rope
(NPCs)
Braapp climbed to (Q16) & did 4 & 9 (sword) damage to A1
Grrol
climbed to (R17) & did 7 & 10 (sword) damage to A1 (Destroyed)
Kupalue moved to (U25)
Ukee dashed (flying) to (U18)
Archer1 destroyed
Archer2 did 2 (rake) damage to Myrral
Archer3
did 5 (bow) damage to Myrral
Archer4
did 5 (bow) damage to Myrral
Archer5
missed Dellrak
Archer6
did 11 (bow) damage to Dellrak
Archer7
did 5 (bow) damage to Imogen
Archer8
missed Imogen
Archer9
did 4 (rake) & 2 (thump) damage to Harb
Archer10
did 4 (rake) damage to Harb
Archer11
destroyed
Archer12 destroyed
 

GM: Encounter: The Sticks vs Archers at the Shrine of Mao in Omu
Moa3.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Archer1 (Dead); A2 (O17); A3 (O14); A4 (O12); A5 (O10); A6 (R10); A7 (U10);A8 (X10); A9 (X12); A10 (X14); A11 (Dead); A12 (Dead);
(PCs) Chrysagon (R28); Dellrak (W17); Imogen (X16); Harb (W13); Myrral (P17); Rodrigo (T24);
(NPCs) Braapp (Q16); Grrol (R17); Weed (U25); Ukee (U18)
(General Features) Visibility: "Dark" (Harb has a torch);
Terrain: "Spiked Pit" (S18-T23) (Rodrigo has a rope)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Chrysagon AC18* HP 36/36 HD 5/5 PP10* SS 3/3 CD 1/1 LoH 25/25 (Res Nec&Rad)
Dellrak AC15 HP 32/49 HD 5/5 PP15* SS 4/4 2/2(Res Psn)
Harb AC15 HP 23/33 HD 5/5 PP14 KI 4/4
Imogen AC17 HP 33/38 THP 0/5 HD 4/4 PP12 SS 2/2 FS 3/3
Myrral AC14 HP 18/34 HD 5/5 PP17* SS 4/4 3/3 2/2 Ins 2/3
Rodrigo AC18* HP 44/44 HD 5/5 PP15 SD 4/4
(NPCs)
Braapp AC14 HP 33/33 HD 6/6 PP13*
Grrol AC14 HP 33/33 HD 6/6 PP13*
Kupalue (Weed) AC13 HP 9/9 HD 2/2 PP12*
Ukee AC12 HP 3/3 HD 1/1 PP13
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
Archer1
30 (Dead); A2 4; A3 0; A5 0; A6 17;
A7 19; A8 0; A9 0; A10 16; A11 32 (Dead); A12 22 (Dead);
GM: End Round Two; Begin Round Three
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb struck the mummy one more time with his staff and then found that it'd somehow entangled it, fowling his battle rythm. By the time he managed to ge free he'd lost too much momentum and had little else to show for it. Still, he prepared to block another arrow should it be aimed his way.

Quarterstaff and Flurry: 2#1d20+5 17 6 2#1d8+3 10 5 2#1d20+5 6 6 1d6+3 5

3 1's in a row! I forgot to add a second damage roll for my unarmed attacks, but at this point it hardly matters. Waste of a ki point. 3/5 used.
 

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top