log in or register to remove this ad

 

D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 0

Dellrak didn’t at all like working with the Thayans. He kept his eye on the orc that was sent with them as they returned to the Temple of Moa.

“Well, make yerself at home. Feel free tae look aroon’ f’r yer bluidy cube,” he told the orc before going over to confer with Kasqa about their new friend.

OOC: If we’re Long Resting, Dellrak will use his remaining three spells for goodberries.


***

30 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 3/5d10+3
Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

log in or register to remove this ad

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Thayan Orc shrugged and rummaged about the shrine. The shrine's traps had been rendered safe by Rodrigo and the crew of the Little Star, who had spent some time turning it into a safe-haven for the Sticks to return to. They had a small amount of food to share, though the supplies were short. If the group did not want to live off of Dellrak's berries, an expedition to the jungle to find food would need to happen in a day or two.

As it turned out, the sticks had earlier found three cubes in the shrine. Two of them (one slightly larger and one slightly smaller) had disappeared and returned to the shrine shortly after they'd left. The third had stayed with them. The two disappearing ones were quickly gathered by the orc. However, it seemed that he was following Dellrack's instructions, rather than simply taking the cubes for the Red Wizard.

Having found them, he stood there and silently offered them to Dellrack, who was quietly speaking to Kasqa while cleaning his axe. (Kasqa had had little to say about the orc. He had no knowledge of Thay, nor of orcs. He did, however, recognise that the orc appeared to be some kind of warrior-slave, probably taken as a child and abused into service. Kasqa thought that this sort of action by the Thayans was reprehensible, and while he did not trust the orc, he was sympathetic toward him.)

"We must be careful not to abuse this man without provocation." he told Dellrak, "Or we will be no better than his masters."
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Miss Imogen does not understand the deception that is bneing played, but she knows enough not to question it in front of the Thayan Orc. She goes to Weed, and together they prepare a meal for the party from whatever supplies there are. Miss Enna's school had taught cookery, of course, and Imogen had been an able but not exceptional student. It is better than what they often eat, and the preparation keeps her busy until it is her watch.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 0

Dellrak grunted at Kasqa’s words. “I s’pose yer roight,” he reluctantly admitted. “Still, he makes one violent move, he gets the axe.”

Dellrak accepted the two cubes from the orc. “Found ‘em, did ye? Foine. We’ll put ‘em in ‘ere.” He produced a bit of canvass left over from the flying machine and tied the cubes up into the makeshift sack with a length of rope. “We’ll see if this satisfies yer masters.”

Dellrak turned back to Kasqa. “You an’ me should get an early start t’morrow. We’ll go huntin’ so ye will all hae some fresh food t’ eat while we’re gone.”

***

30 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 3/5d10+3
Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb was too locked into hos training, and too naturally distrustful, even of those he knew well to not fall back into his secretive mode. Finding no reason to speak at this time, and practicing his deceptive abilities, he simply refused to speak. He consudered their privacy to have been breached by the multiple, highly interested red mages they had come across. If they didn't yet know something about him, or his allies, he had no intention of letting them know it from him.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The night came, and the Sticks, having eaten, bandaged their wounds, and stitched tatters in their clothing, had one of the best nights sleep that they had experienced since they first ventured into the wet hot jungle of Chult. There were few sight-lines to watch, and many eyes to watch them. Watch shifts were short, and the night was relatively dry (though hot as usual, and a strange smell came from the lava pits far below).

In the morning, the crew of the Little Star prepared to take the airship for a short food and wood-gathering run into the jungle. Before leaving, Captain Bravewing asked, "So are you going to take that cube-thing to the Red Wizards? While I wouldn't turn my back on them if I were you, I have heard that they have a reputation of holding up their end of a bargain, as long as it is in their best interests to do so."
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak grunted uncertainly at the captain. “They seem ta know wot it’s for,” he admitted. “Tha’s more’n we ken. Might get us some answers. They seem t’ be luikin’ t’ lift this death curse too.”

***

30 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 4/5d10+3
Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We don't really care if they get the credit. That's politics for the outsiders. We just want the curse lifted. I suggest we help them, but be careful not to be excluded from anything simply because if there is power at the end of it, wizards aren't the ones that should get it unfettered."

Myrral is cautiosly friendly with the orc, offering him food and even healing, mostly through poultices and simple jungle remedies for any festering injuries. Magic he will use only if everyone else is at his/her best. And never in front of the orc.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The orc silently took whatever was offered to him, appearing outwardly indifferent. While it would have been easy to write him off as just a stoic slave, with all personality gone to whatever horrors were involved in his training, his eyes held a keen sharpness.
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
Chrysagon followed the Thayan Orc with his eyes. I wonder what he will do when he discovers that the cubes has disappeared from the makeshift sack, he thought to himself. Probably best if he discovers it before we reach the Red Wizards...

In the morning, Chrysagon answered the Captain that Well, yes. There is no need to aggrevate the Red Wizards unnecessary, is there? He looked around the group and said; I will follow the Thayan Orc back to his camp. We don't want anything to happen to him. Does anyone else care to join us?
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As the Little Star prepared to set off, it was determined that Qawasha and Weed would accompany them. Qawasha was somewhat rattled by his near-death experience the previous day (when he had been struck down by an arrow fired by Bag-of-Nails); though Dellrak's healing magic had mended the wound, the discomfort remained. To him, Omu was a cursed place, and Qawasha would feel much more comfortable searching for edible plants in the jungle. Weed, as always, preferred to accompany its long-time companion.

The Sticks remained, and Rodrigo was eager to return to the group, having sat the last day's exploration out. He asked, "So, what is our plan? Do we meet with these Red Wizards, or strike out on our own?"
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Miss Imogen reaches out and takes Weed by the hand, or frond. "Take care, dear one. We'll see you again soon." She offers a caress of Weed's forehead, but both hesitate, and the gesture remains incomplete.

She turns around, rejoins the others, and immediately feels awkward as the Thayan Orc remains within earshot. "Well?" she asks the others. "Do we continue with the ciy? WE know this isn't safe, but if we're going to make a go of it, there's no reason to wait."
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak grunted. “Might as well talk t’ the Thayans. We both want the same thing. An’ hey, I’d much rather a Thayan take some poison arrow from some nasty than one o’ us,” he told the others.

***

30 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 4/5d10+3
Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I would like to consult with the ancient one. He might know more about things in here. Cryptic he may be, but he knows the area."

While the part of the group is out hunting, he goes out alone, keeping to the high ground and calling occasionally in Tabaxi
"Welathi! Elder!"
After two such calls, he moves from the point he made special by calling and waits for the old hunter to come to him. He counts on the fact that he is close and that he will not come while he is making all that noise, but may come afterwards.

OOC: assuming he comes
"We are planning to go and talk to the wizard and his trouppe. We know we cannot trust them, but maybe you can shed some light on their agenda? Or special abilities?"
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It was not long before Myrral found Bag-of-Nails. The old Tabaxi appeared on a rooftop above him and climbed down some vines, looking this way and that for trouble. When the two of them were hidden safely in the underbrush, Bag-of-Nails coughed, growled, and said, "Hooha. They arrived not long ago and made big trouble. Omu is a dangerous place, yes it is, but worse now that they burn, break, and blast. They search the dead gods' houses. Hooo. They make enemies of the snake-tongues. Powerful shamans they have - six at first, but two have been killed. They follow a female who looks to be young but smells old! No, do not trust them. Ahoo."
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Weed waved to Miss Imogen as the Little Star rose into the blue sky, heading for the dangers of the jungle. Imogen wondered if she would see the little plant-person again. The day was uncharacteristically dry, and a blue haze rested over Omu, suggesting that many fires were alight in the still air of the ruined city.

Shall we get to it, then? asked Rodrigo of the Sticks, who appeared reluctant to face the day, and the troubles that they would certainly find before long.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
It was not long before Myrral found Bag-of-Nails. The old Tabaxi appeared on a rooftop above him and climbed down some vines, looking this way and that for trouble. When the two of them were hidden safely in the underbrush, Bag-of-Nails coughed, growled, and said, "Hooha. They arrived not long ago and made big trouble. Omu is a dangerous place, yes it is, but worse now that they burn, break, and blast. They search the dead gods' houses. Hooo. They make enemies of the snake-tongues. Powerful shamans they have - six at first, but two have been killed. They follow a female who looks to be young but smells old! No, do not trust them. Ahoo."
"We will not trust them. But neither will we be first to offer treachery. If you follow us, you can see that we'll be like hunters at the water, poised for trouble, but not causing any unless disturbed. Thank you.

My offer still stands, if you want to be resurrected. While I still live. Watch for the little wounds, The Curse is getting stronger. Goodbye."


Returning to the group Myrral gives the highlights.
"Old one saw Thayans fight snake-people. They killed two of their shamans. And they follow the woman that looks young but smells old. Maybe some kind of resurrected sorceress which is now dying?"
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Morning
Round 0

“Well, a lot of people in Thay are dead,” Dellrak pointed out. “Fightin’ those snake people scores some points, though,” he admitted as he gathered up his things. “Keep yer wits aboot ye, folks,” he told them.

***

30 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 4/5d10+3
Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Miss Imogen counts her remaining arrows. Scowls at the foolish thought she had had that this city might afford her the opportunity to renew her supply, and for all of them to restore their resources. It is not to be, she realizes. She cinches the whip she uses as her belt, ensures the slipknot is ready and that her hemline is not trailing in the mud. When she emerges from her tent, her hair is in place.

She is ready for this.
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top