log in or register to remove this ad

 

D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Looking back to their opposing party, Myrral accidentally dips the tip of his tail into the water. He barely suppresses the jump instinct, but shudders strongly.

"I'll create a diversion, you slip quietly into thewater. Don't remain any longer than you have to, it is not safe."

He slips further along the riverbank leaving Harb close to Ukee.

At the point when he judges to be far enough to turn the pursuers away from Harb he puts a rope over a branch, pulls it slowly down and casts minor illusion of himself crouching on the branch. He causes rustling by pulling on the rope several times as if it reacts to sudden weight.

The illusion looks back for several seconds and Myrral releases the rope, the branch snaps back hiding the fact that the illusion disappears moment later.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad


FitzTheRuke

Legend
Harb came to the water's edge. He didn't like Myrral's plan of making him swim. The water flowed southward, around the ruined building. The closest ruined building was not far from the shore. Harb was pretty sure he could vault over. The rooftop looked solid enough, though he wasn't sure he trusted it. In addition, the roof was a flat and open, with no cover if the Thayans decided to cause him trouble.

SaveUkee.jpg

Dellrak climbed to the top of the raised road and began to make his way back to where he could see the Thayans. The courtyard of the ruins that he'd seen them in was empty, but there was one human mercenary at the gate, keeping an eye out for trouble. Dellrak eyed the ruins, thinking the rest of the Thayans must be inside. "Probably one of those shrines," he decided.

SaveUkeeOmu.jpg
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 0

Dellrak didn’t see any more Thayans than he had seen before, so he descended the east stairs and started to make his way toward where they had seen Ukee go down.

***

Save:
Move: Stand
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Protection from Evil (Elementals): Creatures of those types have disadvantage on attack rolls against the target. The target also can't be charmed, frightened, or possessed by them. (91 r)
Concentration: Protection from Evil (Elementals)
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 45/49 HD: 1/5d10+3
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 3

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 1/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 


gargoyleking

Adventurer
Myrall's ruse didn't seem very authentic to Harb, so he decided to add to it, picking up a small stone, he threw so that it struck a tree near the tabaxi, hopefully in such a way as to maje it seem as if the phantom had leapt from one tree to another.

Then, after a moment to let the men distract themselves, he climbed atop the building and nade a running leap towards the next one, hoping to quickly make progress to his companion.

I'm kind of ursurping the 3 check thing as a basis for this. Deception, athletics, acrobatics.
Deception, Athletics, Acrobatics: 1d20+5 8 1d20 20 1d20+6 25
Tch! Well, at least I nailed the Athletics check! [/color]
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As the other Sticks moved from the campsite back up on to the raised road, Harb made an inexpert attempt to distract the Thayans and leaped up on the roof of the first flooded building. He ran across that roof, in full sight of the Thayans, who were not falling for any tricks. Luckily, they were also not apparently overly aggressive and they watched him go with evident curiosity, while hacking their way through the underbrush, coming closer to where Myrral was hiding.

As Harb reached the end of the fist rooftop, he made the leap to the next, but when he landed, he found that this building was not as stable as the first, and a large piece of roof crumbled into the building, leaving him hanging from the edge of the roof with a large hole in front of him.

The Red Wizard called out, "Be careful there, friend, You would not want to fall in these waters. Come back and speak to us awhile. I give my word that we will not cause you harm."

SaveUkee2.jpg

(General Features)
Elevation: Buildings are 10 feet above the water. Black spots are often holes.
(Ukee is off the map on the right.)
Difficult Terrain: Anything green is overgrown; Visibility: Bright (daytime)
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral stands up from his hiding.
"We mean you no harm. No need to come at us with weapons. The jungle is a dangerous place, so we are cautious. But we just wanted to retrieve our pet. My companion is capable, don't disturb him and he will get there.

I am Dew, son of Rainbringer, shaman of Rainbow Snake tribe. Who are you?"
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Red Wizard smiled, but it wasn't as friendly-looking as Myrral would like. He was still getting used to bald ape-faces, so he let it slide. "Greetings, Dew. I am Hyronomede Waylewe, Red Wizard of Thay. We have been exploring these ruins, same as (I presume) you and your friends. Perhaps we could compare our findings, to our mutual benefit? By all means, your friend may retrieve your 'pet'. We will wait for him."

The way he said it sounded to Myrral like the wizard expected the bundle dropped by the gargoyle to be something far more valuable than a flying monkey.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Sure. We wait. We're looking for a way to lift the curse. Do you know it?" Myrral is content to wait, it both gives Harb time to retreieve Ukee and gives everything and everyone time to attack or calm down as the case may be. He knows the group will eventually come to them.

OOC: is Myrral far enough that if he can conceal his movements he could cast something without being heard? (Suggestion has V, M, S components :p )
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Pulling himself up, Harb found a spot where he could take another running leap and did his best to spy out a more stable place to land on his next attempt. Then he ran and leapt for the next building.

Athletics, Acrobatics, Perception: 1d20 13 1d20+6 18 1d20+5 19
Sorry, I've been extremely distracted with what's going on in the real world right now. This BS has me quite upset and I've been having a hard time processing it in a healthy way.
 


Prickly Pear

Explorer
Chrysagon and Dellrak moved quickly over the road and into the undergrowth again. They didn't look back to see if the others were following or not. They just headed towards Myrral's voice quietly but as fast as they could. Myrral would maybe need their help and that couldn't wait. In his haste, Chrysagon tripped over a root and fell heavily on a rock and made an awful din.

 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
With difficulty, clambering over the crumbling roofs of the sunken ruins, Harb made his way to where Ukee lay, unconscious in a gargoyle's dropped net. He pulled her free and tucked her in his tunic. He had narrowly avoided falling in the churning water as he leaped from the last roof down to the top of the flooded raised road. Taking the same way back would have been next to impossible, so Harb made his way northward, to another roof, where a piece of a ruined obelisk made it much easier to get onto the roof of a larger building.

Finally, he made his way across that roof until he was nearly back on solid land. Unfortunately, his circuitous route took him much closer to the Thayans. As he hesitated at the roof's edge, a Thayan mercenary called over to him, "Throw me the thing you carry, and I will put it down for safe-keeping. Then you can leap across without your burden. I will return it, I swear."

It was clear to Harb that the man did not believe that the 'burden' was just a monkey. The Thayans all seemed to think that he was after something valuable.

During the rescue, Myrral had waited and watched the Thayans. He glanced to his left and was relieved to see Dellrak and Chrysagon leading the others through the overgrowth, slowly working their way over toward them.

SaveUkee3.jpg

(The rest of the sticks are off the map, with Dellrak in the lead at AW39, or about 60 feet from Myrral)
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb knew better than to trust the stranger, Thayan or not. In fact by his very nature Harb was not the type to trust easily. Only through the sheer necesity of his duty had he given his companions even a small portion of his true identity.

Fortunately though, Harb was also quite duplicitous himself by that very same nature. These men had in now way been close enough to get a good look at Ukee, either as she fell, nor as he collected her. They obviously believed he had been after an item of some wealth.

Thus it was that, showing his obvious reluctance, and only after more assurances from the thayan, drew forth a pouch. It was about the same size as Ukee herself, and swung with the weight of metal, tantalizing with the promise of riches. This he threw to the man.

Then, he gave him just enough time to open it up and peek inside before he was leaping across the gap. Attemptung to his staff to lever himself across whatever gap he missed, the monk hoped to be ready for a fight the moment he landed. Should he need to be.

Deception, Athletics, Acrobatics: 1d20+5 23 1d20 9 1d20+6 16
Harb has a pouch-full of ball bearings. This is what he threw over. ;p
 


FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Thayan mercenary, on catching the bag, immediately turned away from Harb and began to look through it. Harb did not have near enough momentum in his leap to clear the gap, and he thrust his staff into the water in an attempt to pole-vault over. For a brief moment, he balanced on the top of his staff, before plowing through the water at the bank. Some loose earth fell from the edge and the mass of sod and roots floated downstream before disappearing.

"What is it?" asked the Red Wizard. (Though the question was clear, he spoke in the thick, harsh-sounding Thayan language).

The mercenary peered into the bag with a dumbfounded expression on his face. Annoyed, the Red Wizard snatched it away and looked in it himself. Tossing it aside, he demanded, "Where is your cube. You must have one."

Harb was able to keep hold of his staff and he quickly pulled himself up onto solid ground, but he was dirty, wet, and on all-fours near a potential threat.
 


FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Is this good time to try sneaky suggestion spell?
Myrall considered casting a spell, but there was another mercenary - an orc - moving slowly buy purposefully toward him. Then Dellrak came around the corner of a ruined building and the orc glanced in that direction, expecting trouble. Chrysagon was behind Dellrak, and they stayed close to the side of the building, following the path cut through the overgrowth earlier by Harb.

Myrral had a moment where no one was looking at him.
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top