D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Chrysagon stepped forward, held up a hand, and called to the Red Wizard. He explained that they had found a cube, but that it had disappeared when they left the shrine.

The Red Wizard nodded smugly and explained, happy to show off his superior knowledge, "Moa is one of the nine trickster gods of Omu. While he is said to be the truthful one, still he plays his games. He must only respect those who can discern truth from lies. The cube is still within the shrine, then."

Chrysagon could feel the stone cube as it rested in his backpack. He was uncomfortable with lying, but he knew that this wizard could not be fully trusted. He kept him talking while Myrral helped Harb out of the water by asking him about the cubes, appealing to his sense of superiority.

"The trickster gods are dead - entombed in tunnels at the north end of Omu. Whoever imprisoned their (admittedly minor) god-essence there sealed the tomb with an intricate puzzle. These cubes are pieces of that puzzle, that will allow us to unlock the tomb. We believe that we will find the source of this Death Curse there. I know that your goals are similar to ours. We should put this misunderstanding behind us and work together, before this blasted heat, this insufferable jungle, and these biting insects cause us all to go mad."

As he spoke the last, he waved his hand and small bolts of electricity zapped a small swarm of bugs that had begun to form around him (as it did whenever any animal stood still for more than a moment.)

"You can return to your shrine, and search for Moa's cube. Bring it to us and in return, when we find all nine cubes, we will enter the tomb together. As a gesture of good faith, I will lend you my guard, Ghorukk." he gestured to the well-dressed orc who was approaching Myrral and Harb, "He was bred to be very tough, trained to be highly skilled, and tamed to follow orders. What say you? Do we have a deal?"

 

log in or register to remove this ad

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 0

Dellrak lowered his crossbow a fraction, as Chrysagon seemed to defray tensions with a clever lie. “Why not just send yer pet orc ta get the cube?” he asked. “Why bother with us? How do we know the cure fer the curse is doon there anyway?”

***

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Longstrider: Speed 35 (598r)
Protection from Evil (Elementals): Creatures of those types have disadvantage on attack rolls against the target. The target also can't be charmed, frightened, or possessed by them. (88 r)
Concentration: Protection from Evil (Elementals)
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 45/49 HD: 1/5d10+3
Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 2/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 1/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"For one, I expect that your friends with the air-ship wouldn't want my man plundering about your campsite. And you have searched the shrine before, have you not? You would know to look where you have not looked yet." the Red Wizard told Dellrak, as if he were a child, "As for how we know, well, we have done a combination of research and magical scrying that you would not understand. In addition, we have explored the area and interrogated a prisoner. We have concluded that it is the most likely place. Come with us, you will see."
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 0

“Aye. We went o’er the place pretty guid an’ found naethin’. Wastin’ time daein’ it again willnae make any difference,” Dellrak told the Thayan Red Wizard. “Yer prisoner say otherwise? Mebbe ‘e’s lyin’?” Dellrak wouldn’t want to be a prisoner of Thayans. “They’ll say anythin’ if ye torture ‘em enough.”

***

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Longstrider: Speed 35 (597r)
Protection from Evil (Elementals): Creatures of those types have disadvantage on attack rolls against the target. The target also can't be charmed, frightened, or possessed by them. (87 r)
Concentration: Protection from Evil (Elementals)
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 45/49 HD: 1/5d10+3
Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 2/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 1/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
I'm curious about the cubes, Chrysagon added. How large are they, he asked gestured with his hands to suggest a size, and how many do you need for the puzzle?
Chrysagon nodded at the answer he received. He looked at his fellow adventurers for a consensus and said to the red wizard: By all means, we will go back and look for the cube. Your guard Ghorukk is welcome to join us.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral lets the talks go, but he maintains the concentration on his plant entangling image. The difference is, these thorns are still. The orc is entangled, but not attacked.
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen stands at a distance, her bow drawn, watching the discussion get rough. She does not fire at this time. She can hear none of what is going on.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The tense negotiations being over, the Sticks hacked their way through the overgrowth until they were back together as a group. The Red Wizard called, "If you will please bring the Cube of Moa to the Walled Compound by two-hours after dawn tomorrow, we will be there, ready to share our own findings. If you are late, we may be out looking for more. There are a few more to gather, and we may need your help. This alliance should prove quite fruitful for us all! One last thing: Beware the Yaun-Ti. The snake-lovers lair to the north-east and they have been nothing but trouble."
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Once out of sight of the Red Wizard and his companions, Harb looks for a place to slip off, out of sight of their 'new' companion to check on Ukee and revive her. Deciding that caution was warranted, he instructed her to stay hidden under his cloak as much as possible. No need to let a potential enemy know he had an 'ace' up his sleeve.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The trek back to the Shrine of Moa (also the Stick's base camp) was mercifully without incident. There was one incident: A group of kobolds came out of some ruins, not far from where the sticks had encountered them before, but Ghorukk (the Thayan Orc) roared at them and raised his great sword, and they ran in terror.

There had been no sign of Bag-of-Nails, not since they had left the old tabaxi hunter on the raised road after the gargoyles had attacked.

As they approached the hanging bridge that led to the shrine, Rodrigo was there to welcome them across. Qawasha remarked, "It is good to see you, my friend! It was only this morning, but it feels like it has been forever."

The crew of the Little Star had made themselves at home in the garden in front of the shrine, and were working on further repairs, maintenance, and improvements to the cobbled-together airship.
 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top