• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Chult
Morning
Round 4


Strength save: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9


Dellrak grunted as the vine wrapped around him, restraining him. He growled in frustration and tried to bring his greataxe around to swing at the vine.


[sblock=Dellrak Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Greataxe attacked, restrained
Greataxe, Planar Warrior, restrained: 2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [19, 8]+6 = 14
1D12+1D8+4 = [10]+[2]+4 = 16

Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 40/40 HD: 4/4d10+2


Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:


Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.


Spells
1) 2/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
[/sblock]


[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]


[sblock=Party]
Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance
[/sblock]
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Myrral, already expecting something like this from his vision reacts instantly. Loud roar echoes through the jungle warning his companions and announcing their arrival. While he cannot see the exact situation he notices the group trying to free one of their number from the vines grasp.

Chanting quickly and thinking quicker he creates an image of the most terrible fate he can imagine for a plant even ambulatory one. The whole group is covered in ants which promptly move onto the plant and start chewing. The worst is the one grabbed by the plant. Hopefully, this will cause the plant to withdraw.

Turning to his companions, Myrral grabs the front of the canoe and pulls it forward and down growling at the bearers.
[sblock=Tabaxi]
"Get me over there!"
[/sblock]
Warned by the roar they already removed it from over their heads and were lowering it to the ground. Sudden jerk pulls it toward the water.

OOC: I'm guessing the bearers have a choice of dropping it into the water or just dropping it? :)


Free: roar
Free: Nature skill (assassin vine natural enemies): 1D20+1 = [13]+1 = 14
Action: Phantasmal killer, everyone grouped around Imogen is covered in nasty leaf ants that start digging into the plant (or fire if I don't know anything that eats the vine) Wis DC 13 to resist, Investigation check as an action to learn it is false - PCs don't see the ants
Phantasmal killer damage: 1D6 = [5] = 5

Move: Pull down the canoe and jump into it (assuming the bearers dropped it into the water)
Exception: if the range is an issue (60') move to that statue head and get 10' closer to the group :)

[roll0]

OOC: noticed an error, I have Mirror images as second-level spell which isn't on the list - must be copy/paste error. I lack direct damage spells and while cloud of daggers would fit this situation :) I'll take suggestion for second level
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Harb, Chrysagon, & Dellrak vs Assassin Vine

Harb kicked at the roots and then at the largest mass of vine, bending it forward while Chrysagon smashed it with his heavy flail, crushing a large part of it. Even though his legs were wrapped in roots, Dellrack saw his perfect moment and he cleaved the main mass of the vine free from its roots, chopping it off at the base. The vines quivered, and then fell limp.

Weed & Kasqa

Weed and Kasqa unravelled Miss Imogen and helped her to her feet. She was shaken and her skin had irritated welts from the vine's poisonous barbs, but she could stand on her own.

Qawasha & the 3 Tabaxi

Qawasha turned to see the 3 Tabaxi put their reedboat canoe into the water. He called across in a decent approximation of the Tabaxi language, "Greetings, Friends! We mean you peace, and are in need of assistance."

Myrall took his place in the bow while Grrol and Brapp began to paddle him across the swampy water.


GM: @Ancalagon Rodrigo still needs to go before I roll the round. [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION] Imogen can go too.
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Assassin Vine 4 (Harb's foot), 22 (Chrys' Smite), & 16 (Dellrak's Axe) (DEAD);
(PCs) Imogen did not take the 19 and is at 3 hp.
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

Adventurer
OOC: So...my spell was resisted or didn't happen yet? Just to know to count it used or not. And think if the equivalent for the big one

"We're coming to help, friends! Hold on!"
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
OOC:
So...my spell was resisted or didn't happen yet?
I saw it when I first read your post, but I missed it when I did the round resolving. They slaughtered the Vine, in the end, but Rodrigo is in trouble with the Mound. Do you want to just switch targets to the Shambling Mound?
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
OOC: I saw it when I first read your post, but I missed it when I did the round resolving. They slaughtered the Vine, in the end, but Rodrigo is in trouble with the Mound. Do you want to just switch targets to the Shambling Mound?
Sure. Just make Rodrigo swarming with something and that something attacking/covering the mound
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
The constriction around her exposed throat loosens, and as the vine falls away, Miss Imogen feels the slight resistance as the foliage falls away. The neck is swollen, and though she can't see it, the red marks are lacerations that will not heal easily.

She reaches for her bow, beside her, beneath a large green-yellow leaf. She wants to vomit, and as she pulls herself to her feet, bracing herself with he bow, her head is spinning. The vine is lifeless, but truth be told, she fears it, and still feels its cruel embrace.

Her quiver, swinging from her belt, falls naturally against the folds of her skirt. There's blood on it, and for a moment she wonders whose it is. It doesn't occur to her that her legs are bleeding too.

She's trained for this.

Pull an arrow. Knock the arrow. Draw the string. Raise the bow. Aim...

aimaimaimaim.

There's the vine, which is not moving but might be playing dead. There's a boat approaching. She can barely focus on the creatures inside, but it looks like there's three of them. Not human. Hostile? She fires, firing towards the muck creature Rodrigo is fighting. It's closer.

OOC: Okay, I think the last shot was in post 1521.

Move: stand. 15' left she backs away to get a clear shot.
Bonus Action: Fighting spirit: +5 THP (3+5), advantage for the following attack. (1 use left)

Action: bow with sharpshooter, at the shambling mound.
* to hit: better of [roll0] and [roll1].
* damage: [roll2] piercing if a hit.

Thanks, everyone.
 
Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo set's furthered in concentration - his attacks weren't doing much, but the ... thing... exposed his core when striking. He ducked - too close, much too close! - and stabbed in

Reaction to miss this round: Riposte

second riposte on the shambling mound: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18


The creature shuddered and Rodrigo shouted "stab under the limbs!"
riposte damage, 2nd one, with superiority dice: 1D8+6+1D8 = [2]+6+[7] = 15


He raised his sword in salute when an arrow from Miss Imogen plunged deep into the spot he had just stabbed.

He saw the newcomers and added "pleased to make your acquaintance!" He smiled as the bugs started chewing on the mounds. He wasn't quite sure what the spell was, didn't know if it would do much, but at least they were trying. He slashed at the mound again, more to set it up for the next counter attack than to inflict serious damage, staying on the defensive. Still, he was satisfied by seeing a chunk go flying off the creature, severed by the quick cut.

Normal attack on shambling mound: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22


normal damage on shambling mound: 1D8+6 = [2]+6 = 8


[sblock=mininsheet]Rodrigo Di Castalone, Human Fighter (battlemaster, criminal(spy)), level 4
HP: 29/36, Hit dice: 4/4
AC: 18
Passive Perception 14
Rapier: +6 to hit, 1d8+6 dmg
Main Gauche (if used main-handed and not to parry) +6 to hit, 1d4+4 or +6 dmg
Crossbow: +6 to hit, 1d8+4 dmg, range 80/320
Darts: +6 to hit, 1d4+4 dmg, range 20/60
Saves: Str: +3, Dex: +4, Con: +4, Int: +1, Wis: +2, Cha: 0
Superiority dice: 2/4, Action surge: used, Second wind: free
Maneuvres: Riposte, Parry, Trip (DC 14)
Potions of healing remaining: 2[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Imogen, Hup'lo, Rodrigo, & Myrall vs Mound

Imogen was pulled free of the vines, and with her stoic determination she fired an arrow into the mound of plant-matter as Rodrigo thrust with his rapier at it. The arrow struck deep, as did Rodrgio's blade, and Hup'lo beat at it with his tree-branch, though not as effectively.

The Tabaxi canoe paddled closer, and the one in the bow made some sort of high-pitched growl and raised a hand. Suddenly the mound shivered and thrust its mass into the water, disappearing again in the murky water.


GM: The mound disengaged from Rodrigo and is 10' underwater. The water is hard to see through, but to locate the mound, a free dc12 Perception or Investigation check would locate it, though it would still be trouble to target.
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Mound: 21 (Imogen's arrow), 15 & 8 (Rodrigo's rapier), & 5 psychic (Myrall's spell);
(PCs) None; (NPCs) None
[sblock=Notes & Rolls]
Mound Wis Save vs Myrallhttp://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=228780: 1D20 = [7] = 7

Hup'lo Club vs Moundhttp://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=228781: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13
1D6+1 = [1]+1 = 2

[/sblock]
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Location: Aldani Basin; Encounter: Shambling Mound


End Round Five; Begin Round Six


GM: Sorry this round took awhile.
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Space) * Perc * AC * HP * Hit Dice * Notes
Chrysagon (D15) PP10* AC18* HP 15/36 (Restrained, Dying) (Resist Nec/Rad) HD 4/4
Dellrak (E17) PP14* AC15 HP 40/40 HD 4/4
Imogen (B14) PP12 AC14 HP 3/32 THP 5/5 HD 4/4
Harb (D17) PP14 AC15 HP 27/27 HD 4/4
Rodrigo (L19) PP14 AC18* HP 29/36 HD 4/4
[/sblock]
[sblock=NPCs]
Kasqa (C13) PP11 AC13 HP 17/17
Qawasha (C14) PP14 AC11(16) HP 27/27 Spells 4/4 & 3/3
Kupalue (Weed) (B13) PP12* AC13 HP 9/9
Hup'Lo (K19) PP12* AC12 HP 6/16
Ukee (N21) PP11 AC12 HP 3/3
[/sblock]
Newcomers (Tabaxi)
Myrral (Dew) (Q15) PP14* AC14 HP 26/26
Grrol (Rockmoss) (R15) PP13* AC 14 HP 33/33
Braapp (Climbing Vine) (S15) PP 13* AC 14 HP 33/33
[sblock=Enemies]
Shambling Mound (Q16R17) HP less 95
*Assassin Vine (D16) HP less 98 (Dead)
[/sblock]



[Sblock=Map]ABasin6.jpg
[/sblock]
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
The creature drops beneath the water, and for a moment Miss Imogen thinks that it's been killed. But a splash tells her otherwise.

Perception [roll0] vs DC 12
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo raised his sword in triumph as the ... thing... slunk under the wave, its body born by the current... but quickly realized that it still survived as it shifted direction under the water.

"Beware, the thing still lives!" he shouted, pointing at its position with his blade, making sure that the newcomers - even if they didn't understand his language, knew that he was pointing at something dangerous.

Perception vs Shambling mound: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Miss Imogen Draws another breath, and another arrow. Rodrigo's blade points where she's looking, and so she fires again. She feels she has one good shot left in her. This is it.

OOC: Bonus Action: Fighting spirit: +5 THP (3+5), advantage for the following attack. (0 use left)

Action: bow with sharpshooter, at the shambling mound. Not clear if there is disadvantage or not with the creature underwater now that it's been seen. If there is, the advantage from Fighting spirit will cancel it out. If there is not, then the roll is with advantage.

* to hit: [roll0] and (if advantage) [roll1].
* damage: [roll2] piercing if a hit.


Woo hoo! Crit!
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
[MENTION=59816]FitzTheRuke[/MENTION], could we move the boat more ti the south? I mean, I didn't specify the direction, but going straight toward the big bad water monster in a canoe...also, please roll for my group
IC:
New arrivals shout back the figure in front calling out in passage common.
"The spell will force it out eventually, keep vigilant and cover us until we land."
In a lower voice, turning to his companions he meaows something in tabaxi
"Point us toward the monkey, we don't want it to capsize us."
 
Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]Sorry I wasn't clear. With a crit you roll the dice twice, so the damage is 2d8+13.

I had rolled 1d8+13, and got 21 (so the first 1d8=8).
For the crit I'm rolling one more 1d8, which was added to the previous total. that's the 1+21=22.

Bows crit the same way as anything else -- I may have made a mistake, or assumed something in error, though.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

gargoyleking

Explorer
OOC: We have an ooc thread for a reason. :p


Now that the vine had been defeated, Harb found himself with little to do. The creature had retreated into the river and was being harried even then. That just left the two companions which were in rather dire shape. He went to Miss Imogento tend her wounds.

OOC: Healer check: [roll0]
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Myrral and his companions' approach the island, hoping the monster remains submerged until they are on the solid ground again. The bard grips the canoe sides hoping to spot the monster in time to prevent surprise

Move: wherever the boat takes us
Action: ready spell Dissonant Whispers: take 3d8 damage and it has to use reaction to move away (WIS save for half and no movement)
Psychic damage: 1D6 = [2] = 2
Investigation action needed to stop taking damage
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Chult
Morning
Round 6

Taking advantage of the lull in the fight as the shambling mound retreated momentarily, Angis kicked off the remains of the assassin vine and dug into a belt pouch. He pulled out a handful of dried berries and breathed some magic words over them.

“Anyone need a wee bit o’ ‘ealin’?” he asked, holding out his hand as he waited for the mound to reemerge so it could be attacked.

OOC: 10 points of goodberries available. Not a lot of healing, but better than nothing.


[sblock=Dellrak Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Cast Goodberry
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 40/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 2/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance
[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top