• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo wasn't sure if it would do anything, but felt that perhaps convincing the thing to leave would be a good idea, he joined the others in throwing missile at the semi-submerged plant monster. Unwilling to depart with his sword, he tucked it under his left arm, flung a dart with a swift flick of the arm and dropped back into guard.

dart (already made perception): 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11
The dart splashed in the water, but the angle was wrong. (ooc: I think that doesn't hit).

"I'm ok over here, only a glancing blow or two master Delrak" Even though he hadn't killed the thing, Rodrigo was happy about how his portion of the fight went - he drove it off without taking too much injury. Not too bad a result.

Rodrigo Di Castalone, Human Fighter (battlemaster, criminal(spy)), level 4
HP: 29/36, Hit dice: 4/4
AC: 18
Passive Perception 14
Rapier: +6 to hit, 1d8+6 dmg
Main Gauche (if used main-handed and not to parry) +6 to hit, 1d4+4 or +6 dmg
Crossbow: +6 to hit, 1d8+4 dmg, range 80/320
Darts: +6 to hit, 1d4+4 dmg, range 20/60
Saves: Str: +3, Dex: +4, Con: +4, Int: +1, Wis: +2, Cha: 0
Superiority dice: 2/4, Action surge: used, Second wind: free
Maneuvres: Riposte, Parry, Trip (DC 14)
Potions of healing remaining: 2
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"Well done, master swordsman. Keep vigilant, the thing will burst out after several heartbeats."

bonus: @Ancalagon / Rodrigo gets an inspiration
move: hope for the best
action: ready action to cast Vicious Mockery to grant disadvantage if we're attacked

OOC: the thing gets hit by 1d6 per round for 8 more rounds unless it makes Investigation check and beats spell DC 13
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
In the end, the creature did not fully surface again. It came close to doing it once, as is swam around in the murky water searching for food, but it was struck hard by Imogen's arrow and sank out of sight again. Myrall had kept it constantly confused, concentrating on a psychic connection, though the others were unaware of that fact. Eventually, the creature just stayed out of sight in the deepest part of the water and slowly made it's escape. The three tabaxi paddled over to the little islands and greeted the strange group of travellers.

Combat over
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
it didn't come out because of the damage?! Tough Customer :) i would expect 8d6 would persuade it...but maybe it made the Investigation...

Myrral sighs in relief as his fears fail to materialize. Hopping lightly from the canoe he stands openly in front of the group studying them.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
The two larger Tabaxi prowled about the little islands, sniffing at the travellers and poking at their belongings, but they stayed out of the way as the group made right their rafts.

Kasqa reported, "Much of our food supply is ruined, soaked through the bag by swamp-water. Not safe to eat."
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"My name is Mr-rrr-aul, son of Rawrgrym, grandson of Miar-rkuh" new arrival growls some sounds "But you can call me Myrral, I am told it is easier on your throats." Myrral smiles revealing an impressive array of blades in the mouth
"The spirits told me I'll find you here and that you can help my tribe with The Curse. So...how can I help?"

As two companions pull the canoe fully onto the island...
"These are my companions Grrol and Braapp. They will return to the tribe with the news if we come to an agreement."
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Harb bowed to the cat person. Smiling graciously. He spoke in a slightly different voice than his companions were used to.

"Hail, and thank you for coming to our aid. I am called Borde. Alas, we are not used to travelling in this region and in our haste to escape the creature in the water, found ourselves facing another threat entirely."

He motions to the shredded remains of the assassin vine.

"We are seeking to accomplish a mission of our own, though if you can describe this curse, perhaps we can come find some way to help."
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Miss Imogen attempts to follow the plant creature beneath the surface of the river, but her eyes soon confuse shadows with eddies, and she soon doubts she ever did see the thing.

She was about to speak, when Harb introduced himself, using a new name. She did not understand, but did not question it now. Was that because she was still light-headed from blood loss? She did not know.

"Myrral, I would welcome your company. I speak only for myself, but we continue to find new challenges in this jungle." Her bow wave vaguely at the vine on the ground.

She walks forward, and collects what arrows she can.
 

Fradak

Explorer
"I've come back a long way. Thank you, again, Miss Imogen. Let me return you the favor." If she let him, Chrysagon lays his hand on Miss Imogen's wounds and channels Kelemvor energy to her body.

Then looking to the cat man, "Your spirits were insightful. We'll use any help we can get. I'm Chrysagon, you met Borde, this is Miss Imogen, here you have Rodrigo Di Castalone and over there Master Dellrak "Blue-arrow" Bruttinheim. I trust we are here for the same reasons but as Borde asked you, tell us what you now about The Curse."

Lay of Hand: 15 HP
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
As they communicate, "Borde" will move around tending to his companions wounds.

Miss Imogen and Rodrigo both are still low on HP. 1D6+4 healing each. He can't heal Chrysagon again for a while.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Chrysagon's hands reached for Miss Imogen's throat, where she had visible welts. The other welts form the assassin vine were on her legs, buried beneath her skirts, beginning at the top of her boots. Pain shielded with modesty.

She allowed him to approach, to place his hands on her visible wounds. She breathed in as she felt the healing energies.

At the same time, Harb had takne her wrist, and rolled up he sleeve, which was caked in blood she mistakenly believed belonged to someone else. He was tending to an injury there, though it was not without some anxiety. She did not recall him ever being this close to her previously, but she was grateful.

Her knees buckled for a moment, and she eased herself back onto the raft. "Thank you, both of you." She said this looking each of them in the eye in turn. "I am grateful to you."

She has 3hp + 5 temp, +15 from Chrysagon + [roll]1d6+1[/roll]=6 from Harb. Currently 24 (+5 temp).

(Is the dice roller disabled?)
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

Adventurer
"We don't know much. We know people and animals die. And die easily from the slightest of wounds. And don't stay dead. I'm dreaming about the darkness for months now and I hope now that I found you it will stop. If it doesn't, I apologize in advance for waking you in the middle of the night."

Leopard-man smiles again, this time showing much less white.
"I know you're offered as a solution, but the cause, it is unknown to us. On the other hand, you're all strangers in our jungle. And I prowled all over the place as a cub. Even Mother-Supreme couldn't contain me."
(Wistful smile)
"Anyhow, I can help with the navigation, dangers - for example, this assassin vine is known around here and no native would venture close. Now that it is gone this may again be viable path. We keep to ourselves, I suggest you keep such small advantages secret, you never know when you'll have to avoid someone or lure someone to a danger only you know about. I am...hm...a shaman, I guess, Tree-singer in our language. I can heal both mundanely and magically, I can run, track and sneak with the hunters and keep you all alive in here. I also know history of the jungle and our people, but next to nothing of yours. I would welcome the opportunity to learn."

OOC: If anyone needs healing, feel free to roll 1d8+3 (Cure Wounds ONCE, ask nicely) and if you're stopping for a short rest, all your healing is enhanced by song of rest (+1d6 of healing)
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Harb/Borde, listened to the catfolk speak of the curse and relaxed, if slightly. These newcombers seem to have appeared at a fortuitous time, it may simply be that they were nearby, but this talk of dreams and visions made him suspicious.

"Very well, we are seeking the source of this curse ourselves. It is far reaching, and we believe that we now know the location of it's source. If you wish to aid us, I will only warn that we expect to face great danger at our destination."
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo looked at the newcomer intently

"This curse is happening all over the world - for thousands of leagues at least. Many call it the death curse. The powerful, who have died but been brought back to life by priestly magic, are slowly dying. Thus, many who could act cannot.

It's been determined that this death curse originates from Chult itself. We have not learned much, but we have a lead - Acerak. There are also places we hope to visit where other clues may show themselves. We also hoped that Fate would lend a hand. We have had tribulation in these lands - the jungle is a harsh place - but it seems that Fate has just brought us together... for a reason, I hope."


Rodrigo also glanced briefly at Qawasha - he wondered how their trusted guide would react to this newcomer.

He added "We also saw a face of stone in the water moments before the attack ..." Rodrigo looked to see if the face was still visible.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"Chult is big and inhospitable place. Do you have anything more? Who or what is this Acerak? Do you seek one of the many ruins around? That is usually the source of various ills, some ancient evil surfaces again."
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Chult
Morning
Round 0

With the fight seemingly over, everyone got down to the business of being healed, and meeting the new tabaxis that had come. One of them seemed to want to join them. Since no one seemed to need the goodberries he had made, Dellrak carefully put them into a belt pouch for easy access.

OOC: I can divide them up among us if you want


Dellrak walked over to Kasqa. “Any way we can salvage the supplies?” he asked. If not, they would just have to dump them and lighten their load.

OOC: 10 points of goodberries available.


[sblock=Dellrak Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 40/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 2/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance
[/sblock]
 

Fradak

Explorer
"Maybe I can help." Chrysagon laid his shield on the ground and asked Kasqa to put the supplies on it. Then, closing his eyes, he called for his god again. A few seconds later, he tried some provisions. "Yeah, could be worse. They're not dry but at least they're edible now."
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Praise be Kelemvor!" said Rodrigo quite intently. "Although I must say Master Dellrak, these berries of yours are surprisingly filling. I ate three and feel like I ate an entire melon!"

Rodrigo Di Castalone, Human Fighter (battlemaster, criminal(spy)), level 4
HP: 32/36, Hit dice: 4/4
AC: 18
Passive Perception 14
Rapier: +6 to hit, 1d8+6 dmg
Main Gauche (if used main-handed and not to parry) +6 to hit, 1d4+4 or +6 dmg
Crossbow: +6 to hit, 1d8+4 dmg, range 80/320
Darts: +6 to hit, 1d4+4 dmg, range 20/60
Saves: Str: +3, Dex: +4, Con: +4, Int: +1, Wis: +2, Cha: 0
Superiority dice: 2/4, Action surge: used, Second wind: free
Maneuvres: Riposte, Parry, Trip (DC 14)
Potions of healing remaining: 2
 

Fradak

Explorer
"Let me try... Nice... I'll take five."

"And to answer your question Myrral, our best bet is to find Omu... Where it was told that we'll face this Acererak. Qawasha, our guide, knows a way to the city."
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top