5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Myrral translated that the old woman wanted to suggest that Borde and Ukee be bonded by ritual meal-sharing. She waved a stick (something like sugar-cane) and the monkey jumped up and appeared to want to take it.

Myrral did not entirely understand her intent and he wanted to go find the others so he translated vaguely, telling Borde that she said that it would make the animal a better behaved companion and that Borde would not be so lonely as he was.

Then she shooed Myrral away and took Borde and Ukee out to a coner of the village near the jungle. She stood silently, waiting for Borde to commit while Ukee swatted at her arm to get at the sweet stick.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb looks up as Myrral comes up and asks about cooking the meet. He pulls his kit out and begins setting it up while the tabaxi confer.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo looked at the proceedings with interest. What this some kind of diplomatic marriage - like situation? "we are strangers, let us make bonds to cement our alliance?"

But no, that couldn't be - the monkey came with the Sticks. So what was that Shaman trying to achieve... Rodrigo's eyes widened. She was trying to bind the Sticks to the land! Make us more than visitors. Huh. Well... it couldn't hurt. Chult was a hard land to fight all the time...
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Chult
Morning
Round 0

OOC: Imogen doesn’t need to spend a Hit Die. We had a long rest, so she gets all her HP back without spending the die.


Dellrak cooked some more of the meat for breakfast and got some grease in his beard as he ate. One of the tabaxi women sat next to him and watched him curiously. He eyed her suspiciously, but then offered her a piece of the cooked meat. She ate it and gave him a curious look. Then she licked her hands? paws? and started running them through his beard!

“Wot?!” Dellrak didn’t know what was going on. And then she leaned over to lick his beard clean!

“Bloody ‘ell!” The dwarf jumped up with a start. The tabaxi woman blinked at him, surprised and confused.

OOC: 19 points of goodberries available.


Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 40/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
He eyed her suspiciously, but then offered her a piece of the cooked meat. She ate it and gave him a curious look. Then she licked her hands? paws? and started running them through his beard!
“Wot?!” Dellrak didn’t know what was going on. And then she leaned over to lick his beard clean!
“Bloody ‘ell!” The dwarf jumped up with a start. The tabaxi woman blinked at him, surprised and confused.
Myrral grinned and said something in Tabaxi language. The female growled and purred in quick succession with the raising tone at the end.
"You, master Dellrak just showed Spring Waterfall here that you do well the work of females, which is preparing food. She was wondering if you are male or female. You LOOK like capable warrior, you smell like a male and she is confused. And yet, she is also intrigued and curious."

He asks something of the girl and receives a negative, but then a longer combination of gestures and spech.
"Her time is still months away. She wants you to know that - if you return at a later time."
 
Without fully understanding what he was getting himself into, Harb accepted the old catwoman's offer. She growled some words and waved the edible stick around. Then she handed it to Harb and instructed him to chew on an end. He did. It tasted sweet and bitter at the same time. She put a dot of coloured mud on his forehead. Ukee jumped up for the stick, and the old woman instructed Harb to give it to the monkey, who took it eagerly and chewed on the same end that Harb had. The old woman put a similar dot of coloured mud on the monkey's forehead.

This all seemed unexceptional to Harb until he suddenly became very dizzy. Was the sweet stick poisonous? He stepped back, worried that he had been tricked, and there seemed to be no ground behind him. He fell, and the sky swarmed above him. Ukee jumped on his chest, and she looked at him with her little monkey face scrunched up in concern.

An hour later, Harb awoke, lying on a soft patch of moss with a sleeping winged monkey in his arms. She awoke when he moved and he realised that he could sense her thoughts. He stood up and Ukee climbed up on his shoulder. The old woman was there, smiling with sharp teeth, and she gave him three smaller versions of the sweet sticks, saying, "Ssshee no die ifff you live. Ccchew sstick, ffeeed herrrr, she willl heall frrrrom dead."

For a moment, Harb thought that he might still be poisoned. His vision was all wrong. Then he realised that he was looking at the old woman from the eyes of the monkey on his shoulder, and not from his own eyes. She leapt off and flew into the air, and Harb could see the Tabaxi village from high in the sky. He called her back, in his mind, and she swooped back down to his shoulder. Without thinking about it, he willed his vision to return to his own head.

And it did.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb stared at the woman for some time. It didn't particularly make sense to him yet, but he nodded his slow understanding. The bringing her back from the dead part seemed alien to him, as he'd spent so long studying the simple act of dying. And the permanence that should entail. But at the same time, he felt the sudden need to protect this bond and knew the usefulness of having such a bond. He took the three sticks and carefully placed them into his pack.

"I.. 'WE'... thank you."
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Chult
Morning
Round 0

OOC: Heh. I was thinking more like cats cleaning each other, but this works!


Dellrak blinked with surprise at Myrral’s explanation. “I...tha’...” The dwarf found himself speechless, eying Spring Waterfall. Well, if you liked fur… He supposed it wasn’t much different than some of the righteous beards dwarven women grew. “I mean, I’m flattered. Been oot on me own enough ‘ad t’ learn t’ cook.”

OOC: 19 points of goodberries available.


Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 40/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Heh. I was thinking more like cats cleaning each other, but this works!


Dellrak blinked with surprise at Myrral’s explanation.
OOC: I believe such cleaning is reserved for kittens. And courting. Cats are not naturallly pack animals with lions being noteable exception
 
Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
After waking up from his 'nap', Harb took some time to check his healing kit and search for search for supplies with which to restock it. Then, he gathered his gear and prepared to set out once more.
 
When the group was ready to depart, the Tabaxi Chief gathered the village together and they roared and screeched a grand hoopla as well-wishes on the success of the mission. The chief gave the Sticks three reedboat canoes and a large sack full of dead rodents as a parting gift.

Myrral had intended to leave his childhood friends Grrol and Brapp behind, but there they were at the edge of the jungle, carrying a fourth canoe.

It was lightly raining as the group set out, and the tabaxi crowd quickly dispersed into various huts, leaving the Sticks' new members to lead the outsiders away from the village.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: can we assume Myrral heard their story? Anything you all would like to conceal? Lie about? Exaggerate?
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Miss Imogen had witnessed one of the village children present a rodent to her mother earlier in the day as a thank-you gift (the child had slept only fitfully, with the visitors present), and so she imitated the mother's response, batting the bag with the back of her hand as she rolled her head.

She trusted this was an appropriate response, and she said farewell to the tabaxi.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Chult
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak made sure, this time, to spread their food and other gear across all the canoes. That way, if they capsized or lost one, they wouldn’t lose everything. They had been lucky enough to be near the tabaxi village this time. Next time they might find it more difficult to resupply.

Taking a seat in the lead canoe, Dellrak picked up a paddle and they set out into the jungle once more.

OOC: 19 points of goodberries available.


Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 40/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral watches from his position in the canoe while his companions take care of the picking the best way and keeping pace with other canoes. It turns out that picking the way through the grass and under the low hanging branches is bad and requires extra effort with rowing just to keep pace.

Perception: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
Brapp Survival; Grrol Athletics: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6
1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20


OOC: we can always adjust the crews as we go along - if Imogen comes in Myrrals canoe then he would row at least part of the way to share the burden.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo still wasn't quite too sure what to make of the Tabaxi... but they hadn't betrayed the party, and if they had been surviving in the jungle this long, they had to know what they were doing. He tried to exchange a few words, or a nod, with all of them. Still, until they truly proved themselves... he would have to rely on the Sticks - and himself.

Rodrigo spent most of his time watching. There were so many hiding spots in the jungle, so many angles of attack. His focus kept slipping.

Perception on middle of canoe: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5


Rodrigo Di Castalone, Human Fighter (battlemaster, criminal(spy)), level 4
HP: 36/36, Hit dice: 4/4
AC: 18
Passive Perception 14
Rapier: +6 to hit, 1d8+6 dmg
Main Gauche (if used main-handed and not to parry) +6 to hit, 1d4+4 or +6 dmg
Crossbow: +6 to hit, 1d8+4 dmg, range 80/320
Darts: +6 to hit, 1d4+4 dmg, range 20/60
Saves: Str: +3, Dex: +4, Con: +4, Int: +1, Wis: +2, Cha: 0
Superiority dice: 4/4, Action surge: free, Second wind: free
Maneuvres: Riposte, Parry, Trip (DC 14)
Potions of healing remaining: 2
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Qawasha too spent most of his time watching. He felt at ease with the Sticks, and in the jungle... but the Tabaxi reminded him that he still had much to learn with his communion with nature. If only he could truly connect with the spirits of the jungle, he could tell the Sticks where to go with certainty. Was he a Stick now? He didn't know. Until he achieved that true communion, his eyes would have to do.

Perception on middle of canoe: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22


After a time, he felt almost into a trance. He didn't need to look everywhere - the birds, the insects, the wind was letting him know where to look.
 

Fradak

Explorer
Here we go, more canoes, more jungle, more heat and more of those damn insects! thought Chrysagon, slapping the boat. He looked around... A proud company of heroes... What can they do again such evil. Only one thing awaits them, more death.

But he will do is job until the end, whatever it costs.

 

Advertisement

Top