D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

EarlyBird

Explorer
Dellrak listens with interest. (As he is always interested in stories of deities.) But this is less a folk story and more a lesson in the corruption of power, "Yer tale be one for the sages and wizards of the Realms. I no not how it will help us in the depths of this overgrown forest."

OOC: I figure the info will come in handy later. Dellrak... well he likes results here and now. lol

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Thank you Master Dellrak, these berries clearly have medicinal properties! .... although they are hard to digest, I feel as if I just ate an entire chicken."

After listening to the tale.

"Hmmm... could this being be behind the death curse?"

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Not so clear lass," Dellrak says grimly. "This place do be full o' undead, abbreations, and worse..."

The dwarf gulps and starts to sweat at the thought.

...FEY!"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb spent their rest period in meditation. He didn't speak furing this time and seemed to relax significantly from his exertions by the time he was finished. Once complete, he stood up and prepared to continue.

"I would be interested in helping to discover and destroy this source of unlife, if it exists as such can be destroyed. But our objective is to hunt down the Soulmonger, which is a far greater and direct threat to the entire region. Shall we continue?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The canoe was put back into the River Soshenstar and the sticks paddled their way upstream. Hours turned into days. Days of hot, wet, bug-bitten slogs, either paddling all day up the sluggish river or carrying the canoe through increasingly dense-growth jungle. It rained most of the time, and while that kept the group in fresh water, it made for heavy clothing and constant bailing of the canoe. Nights were no cooler, and the jungle held many night-noises that made it hard to fully, deeply rest.

On the third day, they ran into a group of Batri Goblins, who fired arrows and blow-darts from hidden positions in the jungle, which rained down on the canoe in scattered volley. Miss Imogen returned fire and killed one of them, and the rest ran off and were not seen again.

On the fifth day from leaving the Brazen Pegasus, they spotted a canoe that had been dragged up the bank and covered with fronds. It had been left there long enough ago that the large leaves had started to brown and curl, and the once well-hidden canoe was now just beginning to show.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen, finding herself again in the rear of the canoe and doing the heavy pulling, had not noticed the canoe on the shore until she had her attention drawn to it.

"Wit the rain, there won't be clear tracks..." she begins. "But there may be supplies we could use."

She's not sure if her voice is heard above the sound of the persistent rain, but she begins to use her paddle as a rudder to turn the bow towards shore.

Remove ads