D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Aye, let's see if'n it be another Gauntlet boat. Like'n the one afore." Dellrak says his nose bright red from the mild cold he has been nursing for the better part of two days.

OOC: So we are five days out, out of how many days? Thinking on how many days I want Dellrak to spend in the jungle before I decide it is his new favored terrain, lol. Oh wait. It would be jungle and not forest correct? Oh well. Using it for flavor win over anything else, really.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: I think it was estimated at about eight days to get to the camp, but you are making very good time. Qawasha figures you will be there tomorrow or the next day, though no one is exactly sure where it is. (Aside from along the river, some hundred-and-twenty miles up.)

Paddling to shore, Dellrak uncovered the canoe. It was small and unmarked; built for two or three passengers. Aside from an empty water cask and two paddles, there was nothing interesting left behind by those who had stashed it here.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen takes the opportunity to find her land-legs again, leaving her paddle in the canoe and reaching instinctively for her bow, which she re-strings, and then attaches her quiver at her hip. "A few minutes?" she asks of her companions. One wooden implement for another, but here she can walk, her legs not crunched up in the rear of a canoe.

She leaves the canoe. Perhaps its owners will return for it, but it serves no purpose for them at this time. She looks around, glancing up river at the direction they are heading. She takes an apple out of her bag and bites into it, but it's been too long, and it feels mealy in her mouth. She is disappointed.

After ten minutes or so, if the others are ready, she is happy to continue.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
While scanning the jungle for danger, Miss Imogen noticed a few vines lying on the ground that had been cut. Looking closer, they revealed where someone had hacked their way into the jungle. She caught Weed's eye who was also looking in that direction, and the vegepygmy nodded at her and pointed, tapping twice on his chest.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb takes the time to stretch as well. Noticing the exchange, he moves over to inspect the cut vines before looking along the supposed path used. This wasn't a part of their mission, but it could potentially be relevant.

"I doubt this is relevant to our mission, but perhaps we can learn something useful? I wouldn't wander more than an hour away from this spot though."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo rubbed his chin.

"Hmmm... I am *certainly* no expert, but I trust someone would guess how long ago these fines were cut, based on sap running, healing on the bark, that sort of things? Master Dellrak or our esteemed guide? Just knowing the timing will be useful I'll keep a general watch."

EarlyBird

Explorer
After making sure the canoe is secure the dwarf comes up to see what the rest of the group has found. Putting his axe head into the dirt he leans down on the weapon like a walking stick. (He too seems to like the ideal of a bit of a stretch.)

"Can nay be sure how friendly them who do be making this path, or if'n it leads anywhere we wish to go." the dwarf says standing slowly to bring the circulation to his legs. "But leads on if'n you wish ta explore."

OOC:
Investigate: [roll0]
Survival: [roll1]

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dellrak discovered a single footprint in some soft dirt a little ways up the cut trail. Any other tracks had been wiped clear, probably using a large leaf as a brush. This one had been missed. It was a large bare foot, with claws on the toes. Very similar to the tracks made by lizardfolk.

Qawasha looked at the vines and discussed them with Weed in sign-language. He said, "I would say they were cut two or three days ago. The fronds are in much worse shape. It's almost as if..."

He returned to the small canoe to inspect the fronds. Weed squeaked and shook his head, refusing to help. Qawasha concluded, "I think these were enchanted to remain lush, but it did not work - in fact, the reverse. They rotted faster due to the magic."

OOC: Nature rolls: Check: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [18, 8]+3 = 21
2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [19, 1]+3 = 22
(That 1 would be Weed 'helping'.)

Fradak

Explorer
Chrysagon was still near the boat, waiting. He didn't pay much attention to the trackers discussion. This jungle was slowly starting to irritate the Paladin. Five days of this hell... Enough! The sooner they get to Righteous, the sooner he would be able to take off this heavy armor and get a shower.

"Guys, you know I trust you. So, if you want to investigate this lead, I'm your man." Slapping his face to kill a mosquito he continues, "But, from here, it doesn't look like very connected with our mission. This jungle is certainly full of this kind of crap and I don't think we should stop for every broken branch we could found on our way... Let's move out, this hell is painful enough to not make the pleasure last by making halts."

"And I'm running out of bug repellent on top of that."

*Slap*

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
"He do be think'n true," Dellrak says to the paladin's comments. "No need to kick the hornet nest if'n we don't be needed to." he adds with a look at the jungle. "Let's be off, but more alert for any lizards do be follow'n us."

Last edited:

Remove ads