• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Myrral was not familiar with Omu directly, but he had some small knowledge of the south end of the Aldani Basin and where a more direct water route was hidden in the grasses of the swamp.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
When the supplies had been properly returned to the rafts and lashed down tight, Qawasha, Hup'lo, and Kasqa asked that they be given a moment to seek a blessing at the sunken statue of Ubtao. Anyone was welcome to join them.

Myrral, for his part, was eyeing the rafts with no small disdain. He had suggested that he would send his companions back to his village, but there was little to no room for him on the rafts and he doubted that the foreigners would be skilled with his reedboat canoe.

OOC: Actually, let's discuss this in the ooc...
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

Adventurer
OOC: Changing to green speech since teal is no longer a color
To the druid:
"Feel free to pray to your spirits, but beware the swamp thing. It is still out there."

While talking, young shaman approaches the closest of the party and touches his clawed hand to their bare skin. Looking at the face with a strangely small and narrow nose and the mouth without a split in the middle he looks up and startles as he notices two round pupils looking back somewhat surprised at the gesture.
He drops the arm down
"Apologies. I never saw creatures like you before this close-up. If you take some time to bind your wounds over, we can talk about future plans. I initially thought to let my friends return now that I found you. But seeing how you are wounded and under-equipped for the water travel...I suggest you join us back to our village and rest properly."

OOC:
Would the village location be secret or is it deep enough into the jungle that it is irrelevant? At the very least, the druid and the flying monkey could find their way back
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Chult
Morning
Round 0

“Bah!” Dellrak exclaimed, slapping at the tabaxi’s hand as it pawed his face and beard. “Wortch it, kitty! Ye dunnae mess wi’ a dwarf’s beard!” The dwarf glanced over at the others. “Aye, I’m sure some o’ th’others might like a nice rest oot o’ th’ water. Wot ye think?” he asked the others. “Don’t step on any more o’ those bloody vines!” he warned those who were going off to the shrine.

OOC: 2 points of goodberries available.


Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 40/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 2/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"My apologies, Master Dellrack. Maybe I shouldn't have done it to the leader without asking, but you all seem so strange to me. And no fangs! Or claws!"

OOC: Dellrak is the leader for two reasons: 1st he is named Master Dellrack and 2nd: he has a mane like the lion chieftain...now I just have to think about that...
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
The Chultans prayed at the statue of their fallen god. Satysfied, they returned to the islands and the group began to travel east, led by the tabaxi hunters. They carried the rafts over a few landmasses and poled across a few bodies of water before hiding the rafts upright against a rock and covering them with hanging vines. With the supplies reloaded into packs, they made their way through the jungle on winding and barely passable trails. Occasionally the tabaxi would shoot up a tree and run along branches to get past an obstacle. The Sticks would have to follow with great difficulty, while the tabaxi waited impatiently.

Three hours later they found themselves at the outer edge of a small village dominated by one enormous hut surrounded by a few smaller ones. The large hut was ancient and its roof was so covered with ferns and other growth, that it would be difficult to spot from the sky.

While the tabaxi had been friendly enough, Qawasha and Dellrak could tell that they had been led on a circuitous and indirect route to arrive at the village and they would be hard pressed to ever find it again. This was fine, of couse, from a cautious jungle folk, but both agreed in a hushed whisper that they were also unsure if they could find their way out.

Still, the tabaxi villagers appeared friendly enough, as Myrral introduced the Sticks to his chief, a powerful-looking catfolk with an impressive lion's mane. The chief called for food, which consisted mostly of birds, uncooked and feathered, but the tabaxi realised that their guests liked other things and so they brought fruits gathered from the jungle (some of which Qawasha had to say were not to be eaten as they were poisonous or unpalatable.)

The chief also called for entertainment, and tabaxi musicians and dancers showed their talent in styles and with instruments utterly unfamiliar to all - even Qawasha, who had known other tabaxi villages. The hour grew late and the Sticks were invited to stay in the Chief's large hut, as most of the village appeared to be happy to do after a celebration. They piled in heaps around an enormous central firepit.
 
Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Miss Imogen helped to carry the raft to start, but struggled. She kept tripping, and wasn't the right height to be as useful as she wanted to be. Eventually others took over and she made her way through the jungle, trying to help clear the path. When the clearing eventually opened up, she began to see the Tabaxi huts, and her mood improved considerably.

She blew into a closed fist and slid her hand over the fabric of her skirts, which removed the wrinkles and the dirt. She repeated the process for her blouse and her hair, and in short order was looking presentable.

The others had entered the clearing, and she was one of the last to be received by their leonine host. She avoided any direct eye contact and kept her head bowed, as she felt would be expected. Later, during the celebrations, she followed Qawasha's guidance on the best fruits to eat and happily enjoyed water she had chilled.

The music delighted her. she swayed to the rhythms as the dancers moved around. She was struck how they were ever so slightly ahead of the music, almost as if it was following them. She realized she had not spoken to many of her companions for several hours, and so before falling asleep, she made eye contact with the others and went outside of the large central hut, in cae anyone wished to speak. She was tired now, but if it came to shifts, she could wake early to take a watch.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Harb/Borde helped to carry the rafts as necessary, but was quite relieved to leave them at the earliest opportunity. As they came ro the village, he greeted their host warmly, almost naturally for him. He even complimented the larger catfolk on his glorious mane.

Omce given an opportunity, he asked to see any sick and/or injured, especially if they weren't healing properly. He did his best to offer them some of his own healing while at the same time looking for any clues as to the nature of the curse. (If any are about to die, he sits with them until they pass and performs his usual ritual of writing their names on a slip of paper and placing it into their mouths upon death. If allowed, that is.)

Every time I roll a medicine check in regards to this curse... yeesh!
Medicine:: 1d20+4 9

Afterwards, he sits down to dinner and pulls out his mess kit, doing his best to cook some of the meat that is offered, and even a few of the fruits and/or vegetables for good measure. As this likely becomes a focus of attention, the monk takes some time to show the kit off and shows how to use it. While they are dining Ukee climbs onto harb's shoulder and the monk spends some time, between bites of his own food, to feed the winged monkey some of it's favorite foods. He doesn't even seem to notice the looks this draws, attributing it to the rarity of the animal outside of it's natural environment.
 
Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
When he gets the chance, Rodrigo will discretely asked Qawasha if these strange people can be trusted.

Rodrigo does his best to be pleasant and charming, while staying on his guard and vigilant - this was just like a ball back in Waterdeep, perhaps with a bit less pomp and more red in the tooth and claw...
 

Fradak

Explorer
Flamerule, Year of the Warrior Princess - Somewhere in Hell

High Lord Doom Indraeyan,

I've lost the count of days since we left camp Vengeance, as the heat and humidity of this jungle are slowly penetrating my bones and soul. I failed you, my Lord. Death embraced me twice before releasing her grasp, thanks to my companions. It's seems Kelemvor wanted me here finally but I have to say, He has the gift of suspense.

The lost ruins whispered a name: Omu, where it was told that we'll face Acererak. An enigmatic omen, which became our next step. We're entering uncharted territory now, making up history as we go along.

You told me once - Don't tell your God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.
I thank you for your wisdom and I pray for you, My High Lord Doom. May The Judge enlighten me along the path.

Chrysagon of Mir, your faithful Iron Brother.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Qawasha considered Rodrigo's question and answered quietly, "I have no idea, but I would like to think so. The tabaxi people can be ferocious when crossed, but I have never heard of them to betray guests - they would be more likely to have attacked us in the swamp. Also, if Myrral says that they are aware of the Death Curse, I see no reason why they would choose to impede our progress rather than to aid us.."
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
After a good night's rest, the Sticks awoke to find that most of the Tabaxi were still sleeping in their piles, the firepit was smoldering low, and the grand hut smelled peculiar, but not entirely unpleasant.

The nameless man known as Harb awoke to find that Ukee the winged monkey was tucked under is arm. An elderly Tabaxi female was watching them, with a twinkle in her cat-like eyes.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Harb carefully disentangled himself from the monkey, laying the animal on the pillow he had been using. He returned the tabaxi's Gaze with a questioning one of his own.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Chult
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak trucked along with typical dwarvish stoicism as the party made their way to the tabaxi camp. He knew the catfolk were trying to confuse them, and he did his best to try and remember so they could make their way out.

They were greeted kindly as guests. Dellrak roasted a few of the birds, since the tabaxi didn’t seem to actually cook anything. What was with them trying to feed them poisonous fruit, though?

Finally everyone turned in for the night, sleeping all together in the large hut of the chieftain. Before he went to bed, Dellrak cast his last two spells of the day, making more goodberries.

The morning dawned bright, with many of the tabaxi still piled up in sleep. Dellrak went out to relieve himself, asking one of the sentries where the latrine was, and made up a small fire pit on the edge of the village to cook some breakfast for the party.

“We’ll be needin’ t’ negotiate f’r some food an’ fresh water an’ other supplies.”

OOC: 20 points of goodberries available.


Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 40/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 19
Bolts used: 0
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Myrral enjoyed the feast immensely. It was first big thing ever since the curse started. And the strangers really had a strange ways. They put their meat in fire! And didn't eat catnip!

He tried their meat.
"It was juicy and soft! And had so much stronger smell!" he sneezed several times. "But fresh blood smell was missing. Interesting. I will see if there are negative consequences for my stomach. Meh, time for that later"

He danced, he sang and observed the strangers. He joined plenty other youths in smelling, touching, teasing and challenging them to various feats of strength or agility. But they remained fairly distant - which was understandable if one thought about it. Some of them were agile and quick. On average, it seemed Tabaxi were better at it.

He especially tried to parade in front of their female.
"She is obviously different and since she doesn't dress as a warrior maybe she isn't one. Except she has a well-used and maintained bow. But then, maybe her culture didn't treat warriors as single caste. Maybe there were male warriors and female warriors?! What a strange thought! This will be fun!"
But she didn't seem to recognize the gesture except in most general manner. He will need to work on it.
"They cannot know our customs, cub! Morr-rron!"
Myrral knew about cultures with different norms. But this is his first real contact with the group of humans. "And a gnome? Let's see. No, it must be a dwarf. With that mane on and under the head - face mane?! dwarwhiskers?! - gnomes are like goblins, but nicer. Dwarves are like dragonborn. But smaller. OK, that's it."

In the morning he extracted himself from the pile leaving a cold Myrral-shaped hole which immediately started to wreathe about as adjacent bodies seek the comfort and warmth of the pile. Finally, huge, muscled arm reaches out from below and pulls one tribemember from the edge and plugs the hole.

Myrral nods to those already awake, finds some food and water and collects it to find the strangers. There is lots of planning and catching up to do.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
The old woman had been trained in the common trade-tongue when she was young but had never used it. The skill was rusty and she said, "Mmmunkeee rrrikes yooo. Ssshe an'yooo hafff bondd."

And then proceeded to say a bunch of gibberish that Harb could not understand a word of. In desperation, she looked around for someone better with the language. Myrall was young and was recently taught the language, in case he ran into outsiders. She waved him over.

OOC: Myrall knows her to be Hhrawwll (Waterfall), an wise old witch who's considered strange even by tabaxi standards. Very in tune with animals. Something like a druid, I suppose.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Harb cocked his head to the side slightly, trying to make sense of what the female said. Then he looked down to Ukee while he waited for her to find a translator. The monk was used to a life of solitude. And the thought of developing any kind of bond with another creature felt strange to him.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
After a night's sleep, Miss Imogen feels her bruises healing. When she washes inthe morning, and her wounds beginning to close. Her skin is a ghastly yellow and purple on her legs, her upper bow arm, and her ribs, but she feels much better.

OOC: Spend one die healing (Assuming she can spend it) healing would be 1d10=7.
That's back to full.


She takes one of Dellrack's berries, and feels sated. "Thank you, she says, dropping her eyes, and looking around at the village.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
OOC: Myrall knows her to be Hhrawwll (Waterfall), a wise old witch who's considered strange even by tabaxi standards. Very in tune with animals. Something like a druid, I suppose.
Myrral approaches the group carrying remains of the dinner to offer them breakfast. "Maybe you want to burn the food again?"
He asks offering the meat.
Myrral growls a question at the old dam. And then translated for Borde whatever she says.

When everyone is awake (and he makes sure that happens sooner rather than later)
"How soon can we talk about what you know, where you need to be and what needs to be done? The hunt is on!"
 

Advertisement

Top