• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: [Gestalt] The Standing Stone - Game 1

Velmont

First Post
"In that case, I'll try to get some sleep." Donnor stands up and look at what he had written up to now. He rips his paper and make a small ball of paper that he throw in the room fire pit and leaves to get some sleep.

IcyCool

First Post
"Excellent. I'll stay here and let that little scaled fellow know that we'll be heading out in the morning." With that, Jaqual orders another drink and waits.

Rayex

First Post
The Messenger

Three of you head to bed and leave Jaqual to tell the messenger your decision.

Not many minutes pass before she comes back. "What iss your decission?" she asks, and smiles when you tell her you are going in the morning. "Lord Asshaan will be pleassed to hear it. He iss not in thesse partss at the time, I will be your connection to him, for now. I will ssee you ssafely away tomorrow morning. Till then, goodnight."

She nods to you and leaves upstairs, apparently hireing a room in the same inn as you are in.

The next morning, you rise with the sun, and quickly devour the breakfast prepared for you by the innkeep. The scaled messenger who promised to see you off, is nowehere to be seen though.

OOC:
[sblock]I am sorry for the slow update, I've been quite ill the last days, and have not been able, untill now, to update any of my games that needed some kind of brain-activity.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Lord Ashraam is not very serious to send us that messenger who can't even show up. You sure you've seen him yesterday Jaqual?" he says, frustrated. He then take a deep breath and a sip of water. "Sorry, I had a bad night, didn't mean to speak like that. I make nightmares. I still see teh last days events."

Kafkonia

First Post
Uriel rubs the sleep from his eyes.

"It is still morning, is it not?" he says blearily. "Perhaps she is delayed. Those lizards are notorious sluggards at times. Besides, this gives us time for a more leisurely second course. Innkeep?" Uriel calls for more food.

IcyCool

First Post
Jaqual fidgets with bits of his food, anxious to get underway. At Donnor's question, he replies, "Yes, I'm certain that the lizard said morning. It had better hurry. There are quite a few things I enjoy in life, but waiting doesn't rank among them."

nonamazing

Explorer
Yanhal eats lightly. He's always been somewhat crabby in the mornings. Churlishly, he demands that the serving wench leave a pot of freshly brewed coffee at the table--he does not share.

"Well, she's upstairs isn't she?" Yanhal asks, impatiently. "Why don't we just go and wake her? I'll tell you what--I'll do it." Yanhal tosses his fork down, takes a shaking drag of coffee, and begins to stalk away.

After asking one of the innworkers which room the mysterious messenger is staying in, Yanhal heads to the second level.

IcyCool

First Post
Jaqual lets out a heavy sigh, his frustration waning. He looks over to Donnor and says, "You say you didn't sleep well my friend, is there anything you'd like to talk about? Sometimes, just speaking your mind can help you find relief. Don't you agree, Uriel?"

nonamazing

Explorer
Yanhal returns to the common room, and slumps down into his seat. "Ah...there's no answer at the woman's door. Perhaps she is a heavy sleeper, like Jaqual, or perhaps she arose even earlier than we, and is at the moment making preperations for our journey." The tired-looking human, obviously in need of a shave, takes another sip from his coffee. "We can wait, though, and finish our breakfasts. 'Tis, I feel, the only civilized thing to do, under the circumstances."

Yanhal grimaces as Jaqual bluntly brings up the subject of Donnor's nightmares. Yanhal's own distrubing dreams still echo in his mind, although he says nothing, perferring to let the others believe that his haggard appearance has more to do with the bedbugs in the inn's cheap mattresses than with anything else that might have disturbed his sleep. "If Donnor is inclined to talk about it, Jaqual, he'll talk. I've known no force of magic, be it divine or arcane, that could press silence about that loquacious man." Yanhal smiles at Donnor. "So how about it, brother-in-arms? What portents of doom have your dreams cast down before us?"

Remove ads