• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: [Gestalt] The Standing Stone - Game 1

Velmont

First Post
Donnor heistate but decide to talk. "I was stainding in the crypt. Penelope was there, taking her bow to shoot at the priestess when the shadow creature come out of no where and touch her. She didn't had the time that she felt dead... but a moment later, I was back at the moment where she draw her bow, but that time I knew what would happen, so I cast a light to see the shadow, but she didn't saw the creature and died again... and I was back a moment ago, trying a new trick, catsing blindly, but nothing could stop the shadow, eaxhg time, she died. I saw her dying ten, twenty, thirty times and each time, I was just unable to stop the creature. I even tried to take the hit for her, but the creature evade me to have her... but let,s talk of something else. living that once is hard enough, I don't want to have that picture in my head all the day."

Kafkonia

First Post
Uriel nods sagely. "I agree, Donnor. We have a new day to enjoy -- and we owe it to Penelope to get the most from our lives!" He reaches across the table, having to stretch because of his short limbs. "Try this ale-baked muffin -- it is absolutely delicious. Nothing like a fine meal before preparing for a long journey, that's what my great aunt always told me."

He leans back in his chair. "If you're having trouble sleeping, I suggest a cup of warm milk. It always hits the spot."

nonamazing

Explorer
"Oh, warm milk, warm milk," Yanhal laughs. "That's your solution to everything, Surefoot! Bit of indigestion? Warm milk. Spider bite? Warm milk? Arm half-torn off by a crazed orc? Warm milk. In face, I'm surprised you suggested holy water to use 'gainst the undead, and not, say, blessed warm milk." Yanhal tries to duck as Uriel throws one a muffin at him. The crumbly pastry bounces off Yanhal's head and then falls to the floor. Yanhal quickly snatches it up. "Well thanks, little dairy farmer! I was wondering what I'd have to do to get you to pass me one of these." He tears into the muffin and then takes yet another long swallow of coffee.

"But to be a bit more serious for a moment..." Yanhal fixes Donnor with a piercing gaze. "It seems clear to me that your dream is trying to teach you something. Do you see what it was?"

Yanhal speaks quietly and calmly to Donnor. "In your dream, you tried again and again to save Penelope, and you could not. Do you understand? There was nothing you could do--that is what the dream is trying to say. You are blaming yourself, but your dreams know the truth, Donnor. Her death is not on your hands, though you are noble to think it."

But as Yanhal returns to his sweet coffee, troubled thoughts tug at his mind. 'Twas not fair Donnor's fault, that is for certain. No...the responsibility for Penelope's death lies squarely on my shoulders...

Rayex

First Post
The morning

You really enjoy your breakfast, but the little messenger iis nowhere to be seen. Even her room is silent, and no-one answers Yanhal when he knocks on her door. Moments turns to minutes, and soon you grow tired of waiting. She's given you all the information you needed last night, so you don't see a reason to wait longer than strictly necessery.

Velmont

First Post
"I could..." tell Donnor, remembering the true events. As he tell it, his eyes seems to fix something in teh air that no one else can see. "The shadow appeared from the darkness behind us, he crept unseen until he suprise her, draining her life force but the first drain wasn't enough to kill her. It is the second touch who killed her. I could have cast a ligthning bolt on the shadow. They are weak... They resist well the turning power of Uriel, and there was too much skeleton around anyway, but a ligthning bolt would have been enough to kill it. But instead, I choosed to use the scroll of stone wall to enclosed the undead lion who was giving trouble to Jaqual. It allow him to reach the priestess, but it allow the shadow to drain to death Penelope. Jaqual could have handle the lion for a few more moment, just the time for me to kill the creature... I had a choice to do, and I choosed wrong... I choosed the one who has cost the life of one of us." Donnor stands up, leaving his plate half eaten. "I'll go make my pack, I didn't had teh time to finish it. I'll be back." And he leaves his companion.

Kafkonia

First Post
"That fellow is too hard on himself," Uriel observes as his morose compatriot leaves.

"As for you, Mr. Yanhal -- I'll have you know that while warm milk is wonderful if it's been heated, warm milk from carrying it in the noonday sun for hours on end is rancid and more likely to shoo you away than any undead beasties." He chuckles.

Satisfied that his companion has been set straight, Uriel pockets a couple of extra muffins and hops from his seat. "Well, I think we've waited long enough. When Mr. Donnor returns I believe we should be setting off."

Velmont

First Post
Ten minutes later, Donnor come back, his pack on his back, his weapon at his belt, ready to go. "Let's go. I need some fresh air."

IcyCool

First Post
Jaqual gathers up his things, grabs a muffin for the road, and heads for the door. "Well, let's not waste any more daylight waiting for that lizard."

nonamazing

Explorer
Yanhal grimaces as the group heads out into the morning light. "From Jaqual's descriptions, it seems we've got a journey of roughly three day's ahead of us. Sounds as though wild game might be hard to find, given the possible presence of undead in the area, so I've taken the liberty of purchasing you all some dried meat and hard bread." Yanhal passes out a few small bags to his companions, keeping for himself a smaller bag of dried fruit. "Yes, Donnor, I know--it's not much. If we can find some food along the way, so much the better. But if not, we'll have these road rations as a backup."

"Uriel, you're usually capable of producing water through your magic. Is it safe to say we can rely on that for this trip, or do you think it would be better to preserve your magical strength?"

OOC:
Yes, Yanhal is ready to go.

Remove ads