D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loren stepped out of the tent and smiled at Alhana as he enrolled scroll. He immediately recognised Hold Monster, a powerful paralytic.

Inside, not a single person noticed the scroll gone from the cluttered desk.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
While the others had been talking to Maccaath the Crimson, Alhana had checked the extents of the chamber. In back, furthest from the tunnel through which they had entered, was another short tunnel that led to a chamber that held a small portion of the Dragon's treasure that had been taken years before from the Hosttower of the Arcane. There were three shelves that had been cobbled together out of salvaged wood, whale bone, and pieces of giants’ armor and which held a number of scrolls, tomes, books, parchments, and folios that all bore the markings of magical writing.

Though she had avoided entering the chamber in case of alerting the dracolich, Alhana knew immediately upon seeing Lorenn happily checking the contents of his scroll case, that the half-elf would be interested in the chamber's contents.

Maccath replied to Mord, "Yes, should you defeat the dracolich, I shall make ready to leave. Should you fail, I suspect that I will die not long after. In any case, I will not be leaving this chamber if you don't return, and so I have no need for these:"

She opened a chest and took out a pair of crampons - spiked footwear that fit over boots. Having noticed that Sesto was suffering from poor footing, she handed them directly to the cleric.

"You can return them to me if you survive."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Imani's Agents spent some few minutes blocking out a battle-plan. They informed the Trolls, and a few details were changed: Oggsbruff insisted that he must be involved in the attack on the dracolich, to "Be shur dat Oggsbruff be next King ovva Berg!"

His second, a troll with a padded leather helmet, would join Mord and lead the other trolls (including Mord's skeletons) in an assault on the Dragon Cultists in the north-east end of the lair, while Oggsbruff would join the majority of Imani's Agents in descending into the lair through the crack in the Scriptorium. This group would seek out the Dracolich and do what they could to end its threat forever.

They had little knowledge of the lair. All Maccath could say was that it was a "Vast cavern of ice, cloaked in fog, and well below freezing in temperature. A ridge runs down the middle like a spine of ice, and all about are shelves and pillars of ice, pools of freezing, yet liquid, sea-water, and jagged shards of sharp ice."

In addition, she added, "Retreat will be near impossible. As difficult as it will be to get down to the lair safely, it is at least twice as hard to get back up."

As all-or-nothing as all of that sounded, there was not much that could be done to improve the situation, and Imani's agents set out to make the best of it.

OOC: Anything you want to do before attempting to descend into The Dracolich's Lair?

gargoyleking

Adventurer
As an afterthought to the plan, Mord asks Maccath if there are any human (or just human sized) servants of the dragon who might conceivably be able to command or even work with the ice trolls. If she can descrive them he works with his magic to suitably disguise himself as the real article. Bouncing his disguise off of her eye for detail to get it just right. He also practices adjusting his/her voice to match as well as he can without having heard it himself.

(Ooc: If nobody else, he'll 'become' Maccath herself.)

Fradak

Explorer
"Yup, Alhana. Everything is rolling." he said, rolling the scroll. "They finally agreed on a plan of attack: attack."

OOC: Lorenn casts Comprehend language before going down

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
After roughing out the battle plan and seeing Mord and the trolls off, Miami's Agents made their way to the Scrptorium - a smallish chamber behind Maccath's tent, where arcane books and scrolls were stored. Loren was already there, perusing the shelves. A crack in the far end of the room led down toward the lair.

OOC: I assume Loren would. Loren (and anyone else who wants to look at any of the books or scrolls) must make a dc18 Arcane check. If you fail that then roll a Wisdom Save.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases