D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Thanks," says Tommi, taking Lionel's sausage, smelling it, and then taking a bite. "I hope everyone is okay. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Tommi gets up, and adjusts his night-shirt, and then heads to the piss-pot. He's back in a minute, with his hair still mussed, but smiling and licking his fingers.

He pulls on his trousers and takes his socks off the window ledge where he left them to dry the night before. "Ready," he says with a smile.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin came down from his room, rubbing his sleeve on an apple. He smiled merrily at thhis friends and came over to sit with them.

"Was that a raid I heard last night? I could've sworn I heard our mini-balista being fired."

Once being updated on the situation and the plan he nodded solemnly, thinking over their options.

"Maybe we should leave the carriage here for now. Much as I'd like to have a mobile base to take cover in, this sounds like stealth should be our main concern for now. The carriage does stand out like a sore thumb. We can leave it here on loan until we need it again. Thoughts?"

"There's no way you can take a carriage and not be spotted by the entire force surrounding the manor house," Escella says. "These orcs are not a typical orc raiding party. They are organized and they are disciplined."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"It sounds like a resaonable idea," says Tommi, blushing to find Escella in his room. He sniffs the air. "I'm fine with it, as long as the others are as well. Should we go downstaira for another sausage?"

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Uh, I can stay here and take care of our horses," suggested Lionel, still not as brave as he'd like to be, "And make sure that they don't ruin the war-wagon."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin smiles encouragingly at Lionel. He understood his friend's feelings on the matter and was just happy to see that he hadn't closed up on himself after leaving on their first journey.

"Thanks, I'm sure they'll appreciate some help here. We'll see you again soon I'm sure."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Falcon allowed the Doughty Daggerfordians to take what bread and food was reasonable for their trip, and thanked them for the use of their wagon's mini-ballista, which was well suited to cover a spot where it was possible to cross the creek.

From Newfield to the Floshin Estate was a journey of about ten miles. The Doughty Daggerfordians left the Elfwood before noon, and Escella led them off the main wagon-road to follow lesser-travelled trails. It was not the most direct route, but they were able to avoid two small orcish scouting parties. Four hours later, they worked their way through a wooded area, approaching the Swan's Nest.

OOC: I'll take Stealth and Perception checks from anyone scouting forward. You can stay back and wait if you think you'll be a liability, but you have to chose that before you roll.

FloshinEstate.jpg

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Stealth: 1d20+4 19
Perception: 1d20+4 24
Using Message to co-ordinate with all of the scouts.

Dandin showed unusual skill as he followed along. He had some trouble keeping pace behind their guide, but using a spell he was able to help co-ordinate the scouting party's actions.

Remove ads