D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lady Shalendra Floshin stepped out of the teleportation circle, along with four armed elven guards. She seemed ready for a fight, but upon seeing Angis, Tommi, and Dandin she relaxed somewhat, though remained unfriendly.

"Ah, it is you - Isteval's proteges." she said, still speaking in her native tongue as if anyone who didn't understand it didn't matter.

Seeing her now, Dandin remembered her from Isteval's dinner, when the original Daggerfordians had formed as a group before setting off for Julkoun. She was Lord Darfin's sister, an aloof elf mage. Her brother had invited them to visit their manor whenever they wished. This memory increased Dandin's confidence as he spoke to her, though she was quite intimidating.

OOC: I had forgotten myself. She was there at the dinner, post 280-323

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The sudden appearance startled Dandin at first. He'd expected a few morw questions before getting to meet anyone face to face. And while he'd heard of teleportation magic, he'd never had the honor of seeing it in person. But he quickly regained his composure with a smile and a bow to Lady Floshin.

"I'm glad that we found you well milady. I take it the manor is secure. Would you like to assess the damage?"

Last edited:

"I am Dandin Applesbane of the Daughty Daggerfordians. The duke asked us to look into the situation and see if we can help."
"Daughty Daggerfordians. Really!? How local-patriotic." comments the elf. "That was Shalendra Floshin, that would lady of the manor to you." he continues quietly and startles as the magic flares to life.

Vairar gives a slight bow to the woman. "My lady, these locals did indeed save the crypt and incidentally me with it. And prevented the desecration. The orcs got in their heads that it would be easier to get to me through the wall than through the door. They deserve the thanks, not...." he waves the hand vaguely in the air not wanting to say something less than complimentary of the noble.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi puts his knife away, and puts the stones in his other hand back into his pocket. He licks his hands, and then rubs his palm over his brow, trying to pat down the lick of hair that's standing up.

"Milady." he says, keeping his eyes down.

"I'm Escella Bok of Daggerford. I've been trying to get to the estate for the last few weeks ever since I heard about the siege. Kelson Darktreader said to aid you if I could." She looks at Vairar, "None of us are locals. These other folk have only just arrived in Newfield last night. They are also from Daggerford."

Looking back at the lady, "Although, given your apparent abilities, I wonder that you need my help at all."

The elf that up to now sounded more like a dwarf or even an orc with sudden manner and rough voice, suddenly shows elven arrogance. He looks at Escella
"And them being from Daggerford makes them less local? I'm from Evereska. Day or two of travel does not non-local make. But whatever, WE..." he includes irate noble with the incline of his head "... are grateful for your help and I am grateful for my life. I will, with Lady Floshins approval, assist you however I can."

@jmucchiello, just some character establishment, he will be rough mercenary, but I will occasionally be irritating with his 'worldly' view :)

Last edited:

Escella gives Vairar a look of dismissal but says nothing further on the subject. "Perhaps we should not remain in the crypt area now that the interlopers have been dealt with," she says to the group.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin gives Vairar a queer look, he wasn't keen on accepting insults he didn't deserve. And while he was generally good natured, he also had a way of cutting to the quick, when he needed to.

"We 'locals' just saved your life, as I recall. I'm sure we could use your help, but a bit more graciousness wouldn't go amiss."

Then he brightened up and smiled around the chamber. Pulling an apple seed from his pouch he conjured up one of his special apples and used a knife to slice it into ten equal pieces. These he offered up as he spoke.

"That said, I think we could all do with something to fill our bellies! Here, everyone please, have a slice. And never fear, it'll be the best apple you've ever had and you won't be terribly hungry all day afterwards! I learned how to make these after meeting a dryad outside of Julkoun. She planted one of my apple seeds and after we saved the city, we came back to fin9d a small tree with a single apple. She let have it, and ever since I've been able to do this. I call them goodapples."

One for everyone present who wants a try, any extras can be saved in case of further fights today.

"Food is an excellent idea," Escella says. "Rest, an even best idea. Poor Tommi looks like he's about to fall over before I do."

OOC: We have any healers or are we just going to hope for a short rest.

Vairar looks at Dandin
"I just thanked you. In front of...everyone. I didn't mean any offense if your way if thanking is different, my apologies, I didn't know."
He takes the apple piece
"Thank you, really very good. We should rest while I bandage your wounds. Battlefield medicine I'm afraid, but I can cast a cure if needed."

Thinking some more after that as he bandaged Tommi and Angis
"Did you mean respect as if 'local' makes you less? My language is not perfect, but I always thought 'local' meant 'from around this locale'. Let me try to make things better."
Vairar grasps his malformed spear in both hands and plants it in the middle of the crypt room
"Winged mother, even underground please hear my plea. Let these people feel freshness of the air high above and forget their injuries."

The wind blasts away from the spear in a short lived vortex and wounds close wherever it touches. As it subsides, the priest looks up with a wide grin. "Hows that for graciousness?"

OOC: short rest? if the lady lets us :)
Prayer of healing: 2D8+3 = [4, 4]+3 = 11 - up to 6 creatures...

Last edited:

Remove ads