D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lady Shalendra sighed. It was clear that she found these interactions tedious at best. Still, she was not ungracious and when Vairar had finished checking the others' wounds, she offered, "I am sure that my brother, Lord Darfin will be happy to meet with you. Allow me to open a portal to the manor house, and you may wash the smell of the... road from yourselves and be presented."

She nodded to her guards, and cast a spell which reactivated the shrine's teleportation circle. Then she stepped through, leaving the guards to wait for the others to follow her.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin waited for Lady Shalendra had departed before responding to Vairar's comments. Wouldn't want to annoy yheir host with their conversation. She seemed annoyed enough in general as it was.
"People from Waterdeep call us 'locals' too. Normally we just vome to expect it I guess, but it can be annoying. Especially when used in a disdainful air. Daggerford's a pretty good sized city itself, and we're proud of our little corner of the world."

"That said, i apologize for snapping at you. Lets speak no more of it and try to be friends. I can't wait to see Sir Darfin again."

Dandin's eyes hardened a bit as he said the last. He remembered the elves comments on the night of the dinner, specifically his backhanded compliment of the smallfolk. Dandin had come a long ways already, and intended to give the lord a reason to change his views. But he'd do it with style and diplomatically, as he did everything. Schooling his features back into the genial smile he was known for, the halfling stepped through the portal.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/Swan’s Nest
Afternoon
Round 0

Angis grunted as the armored figure from the crypt introduced himself. “Well if that ain’t an elfy name, I’ll be an orc,” he said. Hiding the orcs in the crypt was actually a good idea, but he wouldn’t have wanted to disturb elven dead without permission. Elves were prickly that way.

After taking care of the orcs, Angis went with the others to the area under the shrine to find the communication device. He didn’t like the hostility in the voice that greeted them, or the way that mosaic on the floor was starting to glow. He backed away, knowing just how much he was still injured.

The elven mage from the duke’s dinner appeared in the circle with twelve elven warriors. Angis’ hands drifted to his axes, just in case, as she continued to speak in Elven, which he didn’t understand. At least Dandin seemed to have the mastery of the tongue.

“Well ye all jus’ bluidy well speak Common!” the dwarf said grumpily. He accepted the apple slice from Dandin, feeling marginally better, especially after the healing spell was cast, though he was still pretty broken.

Still grumbling, Angis stepped through the teleportation circle. It seemed the elves were feeling...well, elves were never really friendly, in his experience.

OOC: Angis has Cure Wounds if needed. He tends to save it for bringing up downed people in a fight. I think I’ve used it once on himself as he moved from a dead enemy to a new one (hobgoblin fight). I tend to feel every character should have some form of healing, if possible LOL

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (600r)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 19/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used:
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi takes the apple slice, and is instantly sated. He thanks Vairar for the healing as well. If there is time for a short rest he takes it, and snoozes dopily.

OOC: Currently at 2/28. +1 (apple) +11 (healing) = 14/28. If we take a rest, spend 2 dice +2d8+2=16 = back to full 28/28.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Floshin Manor

By the time everyone was through the teleportation circle, Shalendra had marched off without so much as a farewell. The guards, too quickly returned to their duties, leaving the Daggerfordians alone for a moment in a grand foyer beside a guarded gatehouse. The broad room contained an elegant wooden table with chairs, as well as an empty wooden bookshelf carved to resemble a wisteria-overgrown garden arch. In the middle of the room, the worn cobbled floor faded from the glowing magic of the portal to a simple pattern of a bent tree inside a circle of white stones.

To the west there was a a roofed stone bridge that passed over a waterfall and stream that crossed from north to south and could be heard and seen through the windows on either side of the covered bridge. Crossing the bridge came a well-dressed elf servant, though he was lightly armoured and carried a sword.

"Greetings, I am Talynen, a housecarl. Lord Darfin has been informed of your arrival and will meet with you in his sitting room as soon as he is able," he said speaking the common tongue, "This should give you time to bathe and rest. I see that you've had quite a journey. I can have your apparel washed and mended."

He led the Daggerfordians across the bridge to a great stairwell in a broad, circular tower topped by a copper and crystal dome that let in natural light. Three windows opened in the northern wall, the center one was paned with stained-glass figures of elves and forest animals. Two windows opened to the south, but in the center of that wall was a wide corridor leading out of the room. Other corridors lead east and west, and the stairs circled downward. In the spaces between the windows and halls sat large clay vases holding living decorative vines, which drape the walls up to the base of the dome.

OOC: I will continue the tour in a bit... feel free to chat with Talynen.

Last edited:

Remove ads