D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Two gnolls riding large hyenas were charging down on those in the river crossing. Lionel had no idea if they knew where Tommi was, but it was no time to wait to find out. The gnolls were far away but Lionel was feeling lucky. He took aim and let the bolt loose on the nearest gnoll.
It was hard to tell but it looked like the arrow hit the mark. Next Lionel tried to find a spot to hide in the bushes next to the river.

Action: Crossbow attack, disadvantage due to distance, and damage: 2D20.LOW(1)+7 = [8, 14]+7 = 15
1D8+4 = [1]+4 = 5
on gnoll in Z3.
Bonus Action: Cunning action - Hide
Move: to hiding spot, if available.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The gnoll rode forward as he was struck by two bolts from Escella and a shallow-piercing arrow from Lionel. It howled and raised a longbow, holding onto the hyena-mount with its legs as it rode forward, and it sent two arrows over the river, that struck Escella hard as she tried to duck-and-cover.

Lionel dashed off and dove into some bushes on the side of the old road.

OOC: Ouch. Escella takes 25 from two arrows.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Tommi's about to go -- should I assume the wargs are as in the map, or have they moved forward (as above)? If they've moved forward, where are they now? If they're as in the map, I think Tommi can move 60' and still reach a Warg, but not a gnoll with 30' range.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Tommi's about to go -- should I assume the wargs are as in the map, or have they moved forward (as above)? If they've moved forward, where are they now? If they're as in the map, I think Tommi can move 60' and still reach a Warg, but not a gnoll with 30' range.
OOC: Worg2 and Gn2 have taken a turn and are 20 feet away from you, if you want to pop out. They don't seem to have noticed Tommi.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As Oh-Six flies across the road, swooping low in front of the eyes of the gnoll, Tommi releases a sling bullet that hits the gnoll between the eyes. Before the stone lands, he has slipped back into the foliage.

OOC: Attack gnoll 2: 1d20+6 (with advantage)=18 hit. Damage = 4d6+3=21 magical bludgeoning. I made a mistake -- that should have been +7 to hit and +4 damage. Will get it right next turn..
Move: as needed for....
Bonus: Stealth 1d20+8=28.

Stones left: 2.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The gnoll fell from the back of the mangy hyena and landed on the dirt road with a thump. By the time the body had stopped sliding from momentum, Tommi had disappeared into another spot in the bushes.

OOC: Tommi killed Gn2.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lunn wraps the rope around Helgrim as he passes him by. He needs both hands to fight and the shield doesn't help in the water. It does redirect the flow somewhat. And the magic seething in his blood and the constant rage kept in check by his will push him along for the fight.

Taking a few slower steps through the water, he reaches the shore and taking a good running start slams his handaxe into the riderless warg. The weapon flies true, slamming into the beast's hump.

Those who care to observe the raging barbarian notice slight flickering around him, as if he's burning from the inside.

Bonus: rage Wild surge: 1D8 = [5] = 5
Whenever a creature hits you with an attack roll before your rage ends, that creature takes 1d6 force damage, as magic lashes out in retribution.

Move: 3 squares through the water and then 2 squares (40' total) on the road.
Athletics to remain on the bridge: 2D20.HIGH(1)+6 = [17, 14]+6 = 23

Action:
Hand axe throw; damage: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
1D6+3+2 = [6]+3+2 = 11

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Leave some of them for me," Helgrim complains loudly about not being able to fight just yet. With typical dwarven sturdiness, the old warrior pushes on, the river pushing and pulling him but his feet finding solid purchase with every careful step.

Still holding his shield up but not trusting it to keep him that safe, Helgrim focuses more on reaching that post and tying up the rope.

OOC: Sorry, this holiday weekend was a bit full so I didn't check in until today.

Athletics: 1D20+7 = [13]+7 = 20 (success)

If I am not mistaken, spending my Action to Dash means I can reach the post on the other side this round, right? If possible, I will tie the rope this round, as well. Even if it takes my Action Surge.

Remove ads