• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Escella whispers, "If they are taunting the owlbear, what are the odds some of the gnolls are ignoring the sport and are still in the tents?"

OOC: Have we observed anyone going into the tents and staying there long term recently?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
On approach, they had not seen any gnolls come or go from the tents. The hyena-worgs would go until they were about two hundred feet apart, then return, pass by each other, and go that far again, in a pacing patrol.

Whatever they were up to with the owlbear was causing it much distress - it cried a sound that combined a high-pitched hoot and a growling roar.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Lads, my eyes're not what they used t' be," Helgrim whispers. "Are them prisoners 'live? Describe 'em fer me."

The old dwarf dares not hope the dwarf and human in the dead tree are survivors from his caravan, and for the moment he ignores everything else.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"We should be able to take out at least one of the Worgs before anyone can react; perhaps both," whispers Tommi. "OIf we draw the gnolls over here, someone should be able to free the prisoners. I'd be happy to participate in either part of that," he says, proud that this plan does not obviously mean that he goes off on his own.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
I think you're right, Tommi, the worgs we can probably take out quickly, Lionel whispered back. But I think we should stick together and rescue the prisoners after the fight. Lionel followed one of the worgs and took a practice aim with the crossbow.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi nods, agreeing with his longtime friend, as he reaches into his pockets, and draws three stones, which he charges.
He loads one in his sling, and nods, determined.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
A plan was made which involved dealing with the hyena-worgs first while doing their best not to alert the gnolls.

OOC: You might as well just give that a shot.

GM: Encounter: Gnoll Hunter's Camp
GHCamp1.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Trees, Rocks Visibility: Dim (?); Cover: Trees
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Dornuk AC18* HP 71/71 HD 3/6 PP14* RGdc15 2/3 MA 3/3 BM 3/3
Escella AC14 HP 32/33 HD 3/6 PP18 SSdc13 4/4 1/3 2/2 SP 5/5
Helgrim AC19 HP 54/58 HD 3/6 PP11* SDdc15 3/5d8
Lionel AC16 HP 51/51 HD 6/6 PP14
Tommi AC14 HP 39/39 HD 6/6 PP17
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 45/45 HD 4/6 PP13* SSdc14 4/4 3/3 2/3
(NPCs)
Oh-Six AC13(18) HP 22/22 HD 4/4 PP15(20)* SSdc13 3/3 fly60'
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs)
Flind AC16 HP 52/52 PP13*
Gnoll1 AC13 HP 32/32 PP11*
Gnolls AC14 HP22ea PP9*
-Gn2 22/22; Gn3 22/22;
-Gn4 22/22; Gn5 22/22;
Hyena Worgs AC13 HP27ea PP12*
-HW1 27/27; HW2 27/27;
GM: Begin Round One

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi makes his way through the bushes to the clearing, remaining hiding. As he does so Oh-six assists with the sound of bird calls.

OOC: Move and Dash in difficult terrain gets Tommi to T30. We can put Oh Six nxt to him at U30.
Bonus: Hide: 1d20+8 with adv=27.

(nb I initially made an attack roll thinking I could get in range, but I forgot about difficult terrain; we'll just ignore it).

Remove ads