D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The discussion came full circle.

"What d'we hope to accomplish here anywae?" asked Helgrim who had started to doze off and had to be nudged by Grottur, "Are we joost doin' mopup at this point, lookin' fer more of the gnolls?"

Dr. Morgan Wells
Race: Human
HP: 32/32
AC: 12/15(Mage Armour)
Pass Perc: 11
Pass Inv: 17
Pass Ins: 11
Spell Slots:
1st[X ] [ ][ ] [ ]
2nd [X] [] [ ]

3rd [ ] [ ] [ ]
Arcane Ward: 9/16Initiative: +2 Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 18+4(+7)
WIS: 12 +1(+4)
CHA:12 +1
Arcana:10
History: 7
Investigation:7
Medicine: 4
Persuasion: 4
Religion: 7
Cantrips
Control Flames, Chill touch,
Shape water, Shocking grasp

Memorized spells
1st Grease, Mage Armour, Prot. Evil, Shield
2nd Arcane Lock, Invisibility, Web
3rd Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Slow

Morgan sighed, quietly waiting to see what the group would decide.

"Whatever we decide, things will lead back to those two rooms. Obviously, the gnolls and the Wizard were interested in it. Wouldn't it be better to check now before they come down here and find us?"

Dr. Morgan Wells
Spell Slots:
1st[X ] [ ][ ] [ ]
2nd [X] [] [ ]

3rd [ ] [ ] [ ]
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 18+4(+7)
WIS: 12 +1(+4)
CHA:12 +1
Arcana:10
History: 7
Investigation:7
Medicine: 4
Persuasion: 4
Religion: 7
Cantrips
Control Flames, Chill touch,
Shape water, Shocking grasp

Memorized spells
1st Grease, Mage Armour, Prot. Evil, Shield
2nd Arcane Lock, Invisibility, Web
3rd Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Slow

Morgan paused for a moment,

"We’re mopping up?….there must be more gnolls? Or do you think we killed them all?

“Maybe we should just leave? But I like they're idea of eradicating the living corpses first.”

Last edited:

"Frankly, I have no idea what the mission is beside chasing the gnolls out of the manor house. Who's going to come down here and find us?" Escella says.
"Aren't you interested in destroying whatever those that tortured you wanted to do? To prevent others from stumbling upon the evil. And maybe expanding on it and not suffering it."

Elf priest looks at the group
"We're here to prevent further threats to both human communities and elven manor. Orcs were too strong for us, but the gnolls we routed. Next step is try to find out why there are Red Wizards here. I mean, these barbarians...they wouldn't be a threat without wizards. They wouldn't work together, couldn't maintain focus, nothing. I have to keep going...and I will appreciate your help. And your communities too will be safer in the long run."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Aye, we've coom ta rescue their prisoners, an' we were lucky t'find any at all alive," Helgrim said, nodding to Morgan, "But I ken we can put a stop t'em here an' now. If they're oop t'somethin' with this altar, or even nae, we can put doon these undeads an' make the world safer fer all good folks."

Grottur agreed. He'd lost friends to the gnolls and had spent days as their prisoner, before being freed by Tommi. He wanted revenge, but more so he wanted to make sure that this never happened to anyone else.

"We can destroy the undead," agreed Titus, peering out of the tunnel to the north, "But we're leaving openings at our backs if we go either way. IF the undead can't follow, we might be better off to check this way first. This tunnel splits, and the right-hand one goes behind that swollen door."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi looked about at the others. "You don't want to be here? Fine. But we've found a network of tunnels, behind a workshop for some necromancer gnoll, leading to ratholes and some sacrificial altars underneath a manor that has been taken and used as a beach head for..." (his voice wavers: he had been silent, but he can't believe this is something needing to be discussed) "...well, of these monsters." His hands flail wildly, as if trying to point at everything at once.

"Look, I get this place is terrible, but someone will want this house to be usable again. And not by hyenas. And that won't be possible until we've emptied this sewer. Right?"

Tommi is set to try to clean this place out -- he figures it will only take ten or 15 minutes of time, and working together they can do it efficiently and safely. And that's safer than waiting for things form down here to decide to emerge up there.

"Yes, we're going to clean it out. And then we are going travel for a week to tell someone it is cleaned out. And when they send a force to occupy it, this place will need to be cleaned out again," Escella says. "That's just how the world works. Let's leave the undead where they are. We have no idea if killing them even works with a priest to bless the area afterward."

Dr. Morgan Wells
Spell Slots:
1st[X ] [ ][ ] [ ]
2nd [X] [] [ ]

3rd [ ] [ ] [ ]