D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Yes, in fact, Dandin specifically snapped it up in addition to grabbing anything else he thought might be valuable. Mainly coin purses and the like. Sorry, missed that it was a sword instead of an axe.

"It very well could be. It'll take me about ten minutes to know if it and/or anything else is magical, but could take more than an hour to figure out how the magic works on any one item."

"We should maintain the momentum and hit them again before they know there are new players around. So, we clear the southern camp first. Then, northern. Or we retreat to the manor as needed."
Vairar sumarizes the plan and moves away from the table. "I need time to don armor."

"We should leave directly then, after you don your armor," Escella says. "By your leave," she adds to the lord of the house before heading back for any gear she has left near the bath.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The elf lord nodded. "Yes, if we clear the road south, I can have a runner sent to Newfield to retrieve your wagon and crossbow. I should very much like to accompany you."

Talynen grunted, "My Lord, your leadership is needed here."

OOC: I'm gonna let Neurotic pick which of them he'd like to run. (You can try to convince them one way or the other if you have an opinion). Angis suggested the crossbow, but you left it in Newfield. (I'm going to assume that it came up in talking to Darfin.) I'll try to push this forward soon.

The priest looks up in alarm.
"My lord! You shouldn't expose yourself so! Imagine the pressure your sister would be under if you are captured and the orc leader is smart enough. Your place is here, leading our defences."
Vairar bows to the lord
"Apologies if I overstep bounds of your hospitality, but Talynen is right. Your ancestral estate should be led by the House head."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Elf lord listens to both elves in peace, but when he speaks there is steel in his voice.

"Given what we've seen of the horde, it is more dangerous that both Shalendra and I are in the same place attacked by the beasts. I hear you both...and I understand your reservation. But I WILL be going with daggerfordians. And you, Vairar will be there to protect me.

In the meantime, good Talynen, you will lead the defense and protect Shalendra."

OOC: @FitzTheRuke, is Shalendra someone that could lead the defense or is she more of a noble pain in the...nether regions? That is, can she be trusted not to just charge the orcs and give stupid orders? If not, Talynen or some other warrior will lead instead of her if it is in the lords power to make it so.

"If I am captured, you will NOT give in to the demands whatever those may be. Including that we do not interferre while they sack human towns. Because at some point we will be on the line, just without support if we let that happen. Our good priest is an example that such captivity can be survived. You will not throw away lives in futile attempts at recovery. Be smart and we will all come through. Dismissed!"

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi hears the instructions and watches Vairar get into his armor. Tommi swaps out some of the pebbles in his pocket for other pebbles. He runs his fingers through his hair trying to get it straight, and he thinks idly of Sherlen, and how she must be doing now. What she would be thinking of him and what he was doing. He wants to get it right.

"Um," he begins, talking to any who would listen. "I think I might be able to help us sneak up on them, get surprise, if we want. I can't do it every time, but if you all trust me and stay close, I am pretty sure we can get the jump on them, and, if we're lucky, get away without a trace."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Talynen nodded to his Lord, "As you wish. I will oversee the defences here and look after your sister with my life."

OOC: Shelendra is a wizard and has her own things going on. She has never taken a lead in her family's affairs. She probably won't listen to Talynen, though. He'll do his best.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
When they were ready to leave, Sir Darfin Floshin had changed into practical adventuring garb, with the hint of a light chain shirt beneath. He carried a longsword in an ornate scabbard, but no shield, preferring to keep his off-hand free to cast spells. Talynen insisted on sending three sun elf guards along to watch over their master, but they appeared to know his independent mind, and they quickly adopted one or another of his allies to watch over instead.

The journey was under a mile away, so it was not long down the road, which ran along a forested ridge. Through spaces in the trees they overlooked the estate gardens.

OOC: How do you plan to get there? A little discussion in the OOC thread is in order.

Remove ads