D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Q: Does Tommi (S22) have LOS on Orc 1 (V21) form his current position?

Absolutely. Consider yourself to have about a clear line up T and across 21. Every orc across the way in the bushes has cover (+2 AC, but that's for me to keep track of). You, on the other hand, have a +5 AC. Pretty sweet spot to be. (Totally unintended. I noticed the split in the rock and figured it might make a good arrow loop. Looks like one to me.)

Last edited:

"Damn," Escella hisses to those nearby, moving closer to the rock. (R21?) "There's an ogre coming from the darkness. And something behind it."

She casts a different spell at the ogre. Everyone sees a weird ball of strange swirling energy fly into the darkness. She curses under her breath when its poison effect doesn't hit the ogre.

Chaos Bolt at Ogre @AG14 (ADV): 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [3, 5]+5 = 10
2D8+1D6 = [6, 8]+[6] = 20
(unbelievable)

OOC: spells: 3/4 2/2
sorcery points: 1/3

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Round 3.

Tommi lobs another stone at the Orc in front of him, through the break in the rock. He sees blood pour from the creature's temple.

OOC: 1d20+6=15, damage = 3d6+4=15 (sneak attack).
Bonus: Dodge.

Maintain concentration on Pass Without Trace (everyone gets +10 Stealth).

gargoyleking

Adventurer
While Dandin was ever grateful to have an elven warrior to guard his back, he had no intention of slouching simply because he had a temporary bodyguard. He glanced around as heheard Angus cry out in pain, noticing the quarrels sticking out of the dwarf he called out.

"No stopping now Angis! We've only just gotten started!"

Then the halfling swung back around, coming up next to his guardian. Siren's call sang, the blade had a musical quality even as it was being wielded in it's weapon form, and was soon accompanied by a cry of orcish anguish.

Had he just heard something about an ogre?

Healing Word: 1d4+3 7(For Angis. Apso, about time I had a decent roll for this spell!)

Siren's Call (Rapier): 1d20+5 21 1d8+3 6

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Elf lord looks at new arrivals and shouts at one of the orogs in its own language slight smile visible on usually serious face.
"Those ogres are too slow, charge full speed in there and hurry them up! You need support here! They need a thump or two with your weapon!"

Standard: cast Suggestion WIS DC 14 against orog 2 (AF17)

Vairar considers the spells available to him, but as the orc in front of him falls he thrusts his spear along the elven guard sword and pierces the orc just under his arm before it strikes at the guard.

OOC: I believe O4 should be W22 not W12? Or the map isn't updated? Even if the orc in W22 is alive, he still attacks the one 10' away
Booming spear attack vs Orc1; damage; thunder damage: 1D20+4+1D4 = [13]+4+[3] = 20
1D10+2 = [6]+2 = 8
1D8 = [8] = 8

- thunder damage only if the orc moves from V21 - but I notice it is irrelevant since it only has 7 HP left - DEAD

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
As the priest attacks and kills one of the orcs, both guards converge on the other orc. Spears pass through the orc from both sides its smelly hide armor unable to turn sharp elven steel. Each guard startles as the spearheads come from the opposite directions toward them and smile grimly at one another over the corpse. Incredibly, the orc manages to attack with his dying breath, clawing at the elf in front of him, but the guards move in sync and block the attacks toward the priest with their shields!
In seconds, three elves, three spears and three dead orcs.

On the other side of the stone barrier, the remaining guard bypasses orc armor completely, the spear passing just under the lower edge of the cuirass. Holding the shield high and the spear low has some advantages it seems as the orc gurgles and slumps onto the spear, dead.

One orc charges at the elf guard, his charge partially covered by the falling body of his comrade. As the elf turned and finished another, the orc slams into the shield partially rotating the elf and attacking unprotected back! Blood flows as the claws damage the armor around the neck and the next attack seriously cuts into the flesh. Elf guard is barely standing after savage attack.

The other, maybe just a bit smarter, charges Angis who is at the moment left alone by its guard. Its swipe catches the ranger by surprise, leaving a scratch across his hand. The other hand catches onto the blade of the axe ranger reflexively raised. If the thing survives the encounter it will have something to remember it by as the blade slices into its bracer.

OOC: apologies to Angis / @KahlessNestor - I rolled randomly for the order and the target...sorry :(
Init: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18;1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3;1D20+1 = [4]+1 = 5
Rolled for relative speeds against the orcs
G1 18
G2 3
G3 5

Guard 3 Move X24 --> X22
Guard 3 attacks orc in W22 (flanking) <-- I believe this is ORC 3 from N8? It is the only one NOT on the map
G3 vs Orc in W22; damage: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [10, 10]+3 = 13;1D6+1 = [6]+1 = 7

Guard 2 attacks orc in W22 (flanking)
G2 vs Orc in W22; damage: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [12, 19]+3 = 22;1D6+1 = [6]+1 = 7

Guard 1 attacks Orc2 in O19
G1 vs Orc 2 in O19; damage: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23;1D6+1 = [6]+1 = 7
Crit damage: 1D6 = [6] = 6

OOC: I had to check that I properly wrote d6s with 4 6s in a row :) deadly elves. I must be that racial hatred thingy. And init didn't favor the orcs

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/South road
Late Afternoon
Round 3

Angis cursed as he took two arrows in the chest. “Sniper!” he yelled to the others. Dandin seemed on top of things, though, and the dwarf felt some healing and encouragement flow into him. But then another orc was in his face, hitting him with an axe, though he managed to deflect the second blow.

Angis shifted his magical focus to that orc (Orc 6 hunter’s mark). He dropped his crossbow and quickly drew an axe, slashing it across the orc’s belly. It didn’t bite very deep, but it must have found a gap in the orc’s armor, because the orc staggered away, falling to the ground, trying unsuccessfully to keep his guts from spilling to the ground.

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Concentration check: 1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19
Concentration check: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22
Concentration check: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction: Draw battleaxe
Action: Attack with battle axe 2H
Battleaxe 2H Hunters Mark: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
1D10+2+1D6 = [2]+2+[1] = 5

Bonus Action: Move Hunter’s Mark to Orc 6
Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Orc 1)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 25/40 HD: 1/4d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 1/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter

FitzTheRuke

Legend
For the most part, the Daggerfordian's ambush had been going very well. Orcs fell one-by-one and the the ones that had been camping in the shelter of the overhang had much trouble getting through Escella's darkness bubble and the underbrush that led to the road. Sir Darfin used a mind-controlling trick that caused one of the orogs (an oversized half-orc, half-ogre) to stomp into the darkness and swipe at the ogress with the flat of his axe. Sure enough, she emerged, angry and menacing. Unseen until now, she had a cave bear on a long chain, and another orc - some sort of priest, stood up in the underbrush and cast a sort of blessing/prayer on the bear, who lunged forward, dragging the ogress behind.

The bear reached the Daggerfordian's front line and swiped the elf guard aside with a paw, as it lunged in to bite at Vairar. The ogress, holding the bear's chain in one hand, threw a large spear at Vairar as well, but he managed to block it with his shield as he struggled with the bear.

Another orog moved out the brush and on to the road, and he threw javelins at the elf lord, while high on the ledge the sniper lobbed an arrow over the rocks and managed to get Escella, who had had every reason to believe that she was safe from danger. ORB5 flew up there and began to harass the archer while squeaking and lighting his position for all to see.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Angis did 5 (axe) damage to O6 (dead)
Dandin did 6 (sword) damage to O2 & healed 7 Angis
Escella
missed (CB) Ogre
Tommi
did 15 (sling) to O3 (dead)
Vairar did 10 (spear) damage to O1
(NPCs)
Darfin cast (suggestion) on Orog2
SunElf Guard1
did 7 (spear) O2 (dead)
SunElf Guard2 did 7 (spear) to O5
SunElf Guard3
did 7 (spear) to O5 (dead)
ORB5 Helped against OrcSniper (next attack has advantage)
Ogre missed (javelin) Vairar
Bear
did 14 (bite) to Vairar & 10 (claw) to SEG3
OrcClaw
cast (no action religion dc11 to know what)
Orog1 did 6 & 10 (javelin) damage to Darfin
Orog2
did 12 (axe) damage to Ogre
OrcSniper
did 11 (bow) damage to Escella
Orc1
missed (claws) SEG2
Orc2
did 4 & 7 (claws) to SEG1
Orc3
died
Orc4 dead