D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

"Oh, your wounds seem grievous. Take cover here with me," Escella says to the elf guard. "I fear I have had terrible luck trying to take out the sniper across the way. If we kill the leaders on the road, I believe the sniper will flee and tell his brethren of our raid on this position. Ineffective or not, I must try again." She isn't really engaging him in conversation so much as she is trying to psyche herself up. She stands once more and unleashes an bolt of eldritch energy at the sniper. From across the gorge she cannot here if the sniper grunts with the impact but she is somewhat sure she hit him as she drops back down. "I think I actually hit him for the first time."

Eldritch blast: 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13
1D10 = [3] = 3

OOC: @jmucchiello don't forget the advantage against the sniper!
Also reminder!
Dandin @gargoyleking and Angis @KahlessNestor still have bless active

Vairar grits his teeth in frustration. While he did kill one orc with the guards, he missed this hardier opponent. And now this new arrivals steal his kill. But he is a soldier first and having someone kill your target is just something that happens. And besides, this one still stands.

He steps lightly around the branch that foiled his last attack and with his full body behind the spear skewers the orog harassing Angis.
In orcish he calls out
"Orogs! I am the champion of this clan! Fight me, not these puny soft-skins!"
as he (with no small effort) hoists dead body up to be seen.

Then he winks at Angis and pushes the body off the spear.

Move: AB23 to flank
Attack: Spear attack vs Orog; advantage; bless; damage: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
1D4 = [4] = 4
1D10+2 = [10]+2 = 12

of course I will crit and roll max bless bonus (and even max damage! :) ) when it makes no difference

Reaction: if hit in melee, Wrath of the Storm: 2d8 Ref DC 12 for half

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Moments after his ball of fire flew out, the battlefield changed. Suddenly there was a shimmering wall in his way and the shaman didn't seem particularly bothered by the wound. Not sure what else to do, dandin flicked Siren's call and stepped up to strike at the Orog, the only enemy he could readily face now. The blade skewered the Ork kin momentarily, leaving a bloody hole in it's wake. At least the bear seemed to still be rather bothered by the heat of it's collar and had lef off it's attacks.

"Tommi! Can you get the one on the ridge? I'm cheering for you!"

Dandin had moved out on his turn to be able to attack the shaman. I think T17 or so? Should be about a step to get into melee with the orog.
Siren's Call: 1d20+1d4+5 20 1d8+3 6

@Kobold Stew Got one Bardic Inspiration die for you! 1d6.
Dandin ApplesBane
HP: 21 / 23 HD: 4/4d8
AC: 14
Bardic Inspiration: 0/3 Available (LR)
Spells:
Goodapple 10/10 slices available
1st Level: 2/4 Available
2nd Level: 1/3 Available

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lord Darfin nods at the wall, satisfied for the moment that the worst of the enemy is neutralized. Saving his more powerful spells for greater need, he looks at the orog to his right just moments before Vairar kills it.

Shrugging he turns toward the other one and twin lines of fire streak from his hands...only to splash harmlessly onto his own wall blocking the way to the target.

His guards move cautiously back toward the lord, leaving the bear and others enclosed safely.

Darfin:
Attack: Firebolt vs Orog U19; fire damage: 2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [5, 5]+6 = 11
2D10 = [1, 7] = 8

Guards: SEG1 remains by Escella
SEG2 and 3 retreat to W25 and V24

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/South road
Late Afternoon
Round 6

Angis grunted as he was hit hard by the orog’s axe, swaying on his feet as blood flowed freely from his wounds. He was saved as Vairar speared the orog and hefted it away. Wiping blood from his face, Angis nodded to the elf cleric.

Angis turned, swaying on his feet, to see the ogress and the bear and an orc locked up in an invisible cage, but it looked like one orc was still a threat, outside the force field on the other side. It would take a trek around to get to him.

“Sniper!” Angis yelled to Lionel, who manned the war crossbow on the wagon. He pointed up to the ride above them. He hated snipers.

Angis started trudging north. When he got to the corner of the invisible barrier, he paused to cast a healing spell on himself, closing some of his wounds.

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save: Concentration saves
Concentration check: 1D20+2 = [11]+2 = 13
Bless: 1D4 = [1] = 1
Concentration check: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17
Bless: 1D4 = [4] = 4

Move: to Z17
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Cast Cure Wounds
Cure Wounds: 1D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Orog 1) (594 r)
Conditions: Bless (Vairar)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 12/40 HD: 1/4d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 0/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi reaches into his pocket and grabs three more stones as Dandin shouts at him. What a good friend, he thinks and instantly feels inspired. But Dandin is optimistic about the efficacy of a sling. "Give me a sec," he says, loading a stone and tossing it into the melee as he stands and begins sprinting across the road to get closer to the cliff.

OOC: Bonus: cast Magic Stone
Attack: Orc Claw (or if not flanked, the Ogre). 1d20+6=21, damage = 3d6+4=17 bludgeoning (sneak attack). 2 stones left.
Move: 30' NE (to U14? U13?).
Maintain concentration on Pass Without Trace (everyone gets +10 Stealth).
Inspiration die from Dandin +1d6.

Sorry for the delay -- first week of term.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
What a lucky shot, Lionel thought. He is glad to be able to help but at the same time scared. Those orcs looks really vicious.
The next moment, Vairar skewers the orog and Angis is safe... for now. Angis waved to Lionel and pointed up the cliff face. Lionel spotted the sniper and adjusted the mounted crossbow. No worries, Angis, I will try to take the sniper! Lionel shouted back. The angle made it difficult to take aim and Lionel had to lay down so he could see the sniper through the sights.
Cheese and Whey! Lionel swore as the bolt flew over the snipers head. Not even close!
As Lionel reloaded the crossbow, he kept looking at the sniper. Luck or no luck... you will pop up your head eventually...

Move: Lionel is prone
Action: Mounted x-bow attack and damage : 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12
2D6+4 = [2, 6]+4 = 12

Bonus Action: Insightful Fighting to decipher sniper's tactics. Wisdom (Insight) check _: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20. Sniper must make a Charisma (Deception) check.
At 3rd level, you gain the ability to decipher an opponent’s tactics and develop a counter to them. As a bonus action, you make a Wisdom (Insight) check against a creature you can see that isn’t incapacitated, contested by the target’s Charisma (Deception) check. If you succeed, you can use your Sneak Attack against that target even if you don't have advantage on the attack roll, but not if you have disadvantage on it.

This benefit lasts for 1 minute or until you successfully use this feature against a different target.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Titus stayed closed to the horses, still in his defensive stance. He also followed Angis finger and saw the sniper high up on the cliff. Titus asked Morwin, his trusted flying friend, to fly up to the cliff and scout the area. We don't want any surprises, do we?

Morwin quickly flies straight up and towards the top of the cliff to get a good overview of the cliff area.
Move: Stayed.
Action: Dodgehttp://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=241183

HP 30+7/30

Morvin
Move: 60' up and 20' towards cliff.
Action: Dash

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[QUOTE="Kobold Stew, post: 8085862]
OOC: Bonus: cast Magic Stone
Attack: Orc Claw (or if not flanked, the Ogre)
[/QUOTE]
Ooc: you cannot attack the ogre behind the wall unless you're higher up

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases