D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As Tommi starts to move, he feels Sarel's magic take its effect, his injuries first going numb and then healing up. Tommi watches the blood stop, wounds close, and the dried blood flake away.

"That's... wonderful," he says, thanking her. Her words, "foolish boy" play back in his memory, and he begins to blush.

He continues to the gate.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As it turned out, those Orcs were only the first wave, come to soften the manor's defenses and to create a point of entry. Two waves followed, each bigger than the one before. Fortunately, the Druids were able to enact Escella's earlier plan by causing the trees to grow and twist themselves across the road, creating a difficult gauntlet of dangerous foliage.

With that in place, the defenders were able to pick-off their attackers at range without any further casualties. Better still, they were able to take turns at the front, or resting, as suited them. As the third wave of orcs routed (over half their number killed) it began to be clear that things were well in hand at the gatehouse. As free-agents, it was decided that the Daggerfordians would be best suited to turn to the other side of the manor, to see how things fared there.

No word had arrived from that side since the start of the siege, which could have been a good sign. Unfortunately there was every reason to believe that it could just as easily mean that things were not going well at all...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates
Morning
Round 0

When it looked like the orcs were broken, Angis sat hard on a bale of straw to catch his breath and attend his wounds. “Ever’one okay?” he called down.

During the lull in the fighting, Angis dragged the dead aurochs and boar into the keep. “I want steaks an’ chops when this is over,” he told the harried kitchen folk before heading back to the fighting.

Rested and ready for the other side of the estate, Angis asked, “We takin’ the crossbow?” He nodded up to the roof. “Take the war wagon?”

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6+Dex 100/400
Bolts: 55
Bolts used:

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Hunter’s Mark (if needed):
Concentration:
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +5
Speed: 30
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 58/58 HD: 2/6d10+2

Bolts: 51
Bolts used:
Handaxes: 2/2

Spells
1) 3/4 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
2) 2/2 Pass Without Trace
Primal Awareness (cast each spell once per long rest): Speak with Animals, Beast Sense
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
Lionel - halfling rogue folk hero
Escella - Human sorcerer

Vairar takes the pike with proper ceremony, bowing to the spectral elf.
"Go in peace, ancient one. Thank you for the boon of your presence."

He slumps, almost falling on his knees as the spirit dissipates and his connection to the Arvandor is severed.

Gathering himself, he waits for the group to gather and says a small prayer of thanks to The Winged Mother and sings a short eulogy for the fallen guard.

OOC: I would cast Prayer of Healing for 2d8+3 - IF and only if at least 4 people need it (I do).
@FitzTheRuke and @Neurotic Ryallan is welcome to the healing since Angis seems fine :)

heals 25HP from short rest (4HD) and 12 from Prayer of healing for 45/45 HP
Spell slots unused:
1st: 2
2nd: 2
3rd: 2

Short rest healing: 1D8+2 = [6]+2 = 8
1D8+2 = [8]+2 = 10
1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3
1D8+2 = [2]+2 = 4

Prayer of Healing: 2D8+3 = [3, 6]+3 = 12

OOC: Before or after the short rest? obviously more than 4 people need it before the short rest. What's the max number of people you can affect? And is anyone still down after the short rest?

OOC: I would say after - if everyone is fine without expending all of their HD I would save my spell slot. It would help if Dandin was still a bard for the song of rest...or if the manor had some healing fountain :D As-is, I can spend another HD, but I would prefer not to.

Thus, Ryallan and Vairar are two...four more equals all party members minus Angis.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The kitchen was over a bridge and two floors down a great winding staircase. Angus had thought to bring the aurochs and dire boar carcasses down for a grand meal later, but their great weight proved to be far too much for the task before he was called back to the fray. As it happened, he managed to drag them over the bridge to the top of the stairs.

The manor was dark. Though the sun had begun to rise outside, the windows were shuttered and the glow-orbs, candles, and elemental fire-spirits that had been about before were gone. Angus knew that the servants, also, were holed up in their rooms, relatively safe in case of temporary breach.

A shout from the gatehouse had Angis leave the meat behind and he returned to the gatehouse.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Lionel took a moment to sit down in the fireplace, too tired to move. That went well, he thought.
I'm good, he called up to Angis. He then went back into the Manor house to wash off the worst of the sot and to catch up with the others.

Short rest healing (HD): 1D8+3 = [5]+3 = 8, Lionel is fully healed.
Took expertise in Animal handling, since Lionel seems to have a knack with animals when he was dashing for the manor house a while back with the horses and cart, dragging old Bessie behind. Also, took expertise in investigation, since it is in his nature to be inquisitive.
HP 51/51, AC still 16

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As things started to calm down at the gatehouse, Lionel thought he would head inside to quickly bathe. When he made his way across the covered bridge to the grand staircase, something was wrong. A dark, smoke-like mist rolled up from the lower levels. At first Lionel thought it was smoke from a fire, but it smelled more like a rotting corpse. It stung his eyes and made his stomach churn and his head swim.

Remove ads