D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.

Vairar smiles grimly at the gnoll.
"Do you know about catch 22?" he asks in common before mouthing a short prayer
Striking the gnoll with a solid hit, its fur stands on its end as lightning plays over it and slight shimmer can be seen around it.
"My goddess will punish you for attacking me. And for running away. Drop your weapons!"
He repeats it in orcish, just in case

Attack gnoll archer; damage; booming blade damage; wrath of the storm reaction damage: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
1D8+2+1D8 = [4]+2+[7] = 13
1D8 = [5] = 5
2D8 = [7, 7] = 14

Opportunity attack; damage: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5

So: hit for 13 damage

If it moves: 5 more lightning damage
If it doesn't disengage: 5 more from OA
If it attacks it takes 14 damage (Dex save for half) lightning damage and is pushed 10' away (to prevent the second attack if any, no save)

In any combination it takes at minimum 18 damage (if it saves or disengages) or dies :D

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Flind began to laugh as Lunn hacked into it, a strange barking sound. The laughter was echoed by the other gnoll, with a red madness in its eyes. Suddenly, the gnoll's head lunged at Vairar, all teeth, and it bit at the elf's scarred face, before being blown back by wind and crackling lightning.

Tommi dropped his stone, but Oh-Six shone a light on where it went, and the lad was able to grab it, place it in his sling, and make a quick throw as the orb buzzed around the laughing monster's head. The stone struck the Flind in the throat, and the laughter choked silent. The creature staggered coughing, and Lunn struck off its head with his axe.

OOC: Gn1 bit Vairar for 5 before WotS killed it. Lunn slashed up the flind (25); Tommi fumbled, but Oh-Six could help, so I'm just gonna let him finish it off.

GM: Fight's over.

NandarLodge5.jpg

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi sits on the ground.

He is hurt, and it's not for a good reason, and he's embarrassed and angry at himself. He's sure he'll be fine by morning if he gets a good night's sleep, but doesn't want to let the others know he's as hurt as he is.

"I'll take the first watch, he says. "You should all rest."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
A cool, damp dawn came to the Daggerfordians camped at the ruins of Nandar Lodge. In spite of the trouble the night before, the old lodge's foundation made for a surprisingly comfortable campsite, and despite a few aching bound recent wounds, they were ready to face their next challenge.

OOC: I believe that the plan is to find out why the gnolls are so riled up. Westward ho?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: =long rest? short rest?

Tommi wakes and feels better. He looks at the gnoll corpses in the morning light, making the rounds, as it were. Ensuring they were dead, and recalling their horrific cackle.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases