Memorized spells
1st Grease, Mage Armour, Prot. Evil, Shield
2nd Arcane Lock, Invisibility, Web
3rd Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Slow

Morgan moves into the cistern room and looks towards Tommi,

"Do you want me to join you there?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Morgan caught up to Tommi as Oh-Six and the lad were making their way down the last, treacherous slope of the water-tunnel toward a small room, hidden deep within the lodge's cellars. The orb's light revealed a square chamber, with water flowing through. It looked like it had been a very long time since someone had been in here. An old, stone-slab altar was carved with the image of a clawed hand, and marked on its flat top surface with old stains. A channel ran down the middle of the altar, across the floor, and into the water basin that dominated the floor.

In the four corners of the room, something shifted. Oh-Six spun its light to the far left corner, and revealed door along the north wall, before settling the light on a moving skeleton in old tattered armor. The other corners were more shadowy, but they too had moving skeletons.

At this time, Lionel had made his way to the circular chamber that was to the north. Here, at the south end of the room, was a statue of a helmeted warrior in battered plate mail. The statue's hand rested on the haft of a notched battleaxe. Here too, movement alerted Lionel to trouble. As if from nowhere, three armed figures appeared, shadowy warriors with swords. One of them hissed at him, "This place is not for you, thief! Begone with you."

1699551701764.png

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Oh, I should mention (and ask) a few things: 1) What light source does Lionel have?; 2) If anyone wants to make a Religion or Arcana check, I can probably give out some info; 3) I didn't post a round-roller because I assume that the PCs will run away. Please don't do more than you could accomplish in 1 round, though!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi sees the skeletons move and immediately steps back. "Got some skellies here," he says to Dr. Wells, "we should move back and perhaps they will quiet down." retreating to the beginning of the narrow fork he had been following before the stream merged with the larger one.

OOC: Assuming Morgan goes ahead of him, Tommi will retreat as far as AN42 (move and Dash), but he will not go further back than that (risking cutting of Lionel), and he won't go without Morgan in front of him.

The thought of skeletons reminds him of a lesson his mom had taught him once, but he had been thinking about pretty girls at the time and so could't recall it right now.

Last edited:

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Before Lionel entered the narrow tunnel, he had lit a torch and drawn his new-found dagger. It felt light in his hand but it was very sharp.
As he looked into the room, the torch cast its light on a few shadowy warriors that spoke threateningly to him. He heeded their words and left the place as fast as he could without a reply. As he ran back, he wondered why they had called him a 'thief'. I'm not really a thief, he thought. I am just good at pocketing things when nobody is watching and I can sneak around quite well, but THIEF? No, that's not right.

OOC: Lionel moves, dashes and bonus action dash, and will end up somewhere near AH39 or AI40, unless Lionel is squeezing, but I think the tunnel is wide enough for a small person like him, despite his rotund body.

Dr. Morgan Wells
Race: Human
HP: 32/32
AC: 12/15(Mage Armour)
Pass Perc: 11
Pass Inv: 17
Pass Ins: 11
Spell Slots:
1st[X ] [ ][ ] [ ]
2nd [X] [] [ ]

3rd [ ] [ ] [ ]
Arcane Ward: 9/16Initiative: +2 Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 18+4(+7)
WIS: 12 +1(+4)
CHA:12 +1
Arcana:10
History: 7
Investigation:7
Medicine: 4
Persuasion: 4
Religion: 7
Cantrips
Control Flames, Chill touch,
Shape water, Shocking grasp

Memorized spells
1st Grease, Mage Armour, Prot. Evil, Shield
2nd Arcane Lock, Invisibility, Web
3rd Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Slow

Morgan cautiously moves to the cistern room,

"I think that shrine has been desecrated by the gnolls, we should destroy the undead and try to purge it!"

14 Religion or 17 Arcana (pick the most relevant - my linked roll is the religion check
Religion: 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14

Remove ads