[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

GreenKarl

First Post
It takes a moment for the connection to be made, but Jihahna is able to contact Vivian back at Footfall. The Survey rep reports nothing new on their side...
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna scratches her chin momentarily before looking at the Gand. She whispers "Lemme see if we can get the channel for our mercs. Maybe pinpoint their location... Can I take a look at that mid range communicator. Anyone else who's good at breaking into encrypted channels, you're welcome to assist", she whispers to the party.
[sblock=Mechanics]
I'm assuming the gand won't have an issue with me doing this, so i went ahead with it. A roll, either Electronics or Splice? My bonuses are both the same anyway.
_: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19
Or 21 with assistance from someone....

[/sblock]

She pauses momentarily, another idea entering her head. "Hey Thirteen, surely you know a little about the Kwi. So we can try and narrow down our search, tell me are they hut dwellers or do they ever live in caves? Are they Nomadic? Herbivores, Carnivores or Omnivores? DO they need a lot of fresh water or do they get the moisture from their food?"
 

GreenKarl

First Post
After a few minutes Jihahna starts picking up some com-chatter that is probably coming from the mercenaries as it is not any of the Czerka or miner com-channels that are listed. Most of it seems to be scrambled so she can't tell what they are talking about but she is pretty confident that most of the chatter is centered to the south of the team... in the jungle proper (the mining camp is to the north of you, the jungle to the south and somewhat to the west and east).

Thirteen's gears whirl as he says "Well now Mistress, the Kwi are not cave dwellers as far as we know. They seem to be very nomadic in nature, with a stone-age hunter-gather tribal society. They are omnivores but at their level of society they sustain mostly on meat with some roots and berries that are 'harvested' as they follow the local game. They do seem to use semi-permanent, seasonal camps or villages that they might inhabit for as much as a few months each year. As for fresh water, well this planet has an abundance of fresh water sources so I would not be able to speculate on their needs..."


GM: You would need a Slicer kit to un-scramble the mercs com messages although the DC is not high, it is impossible without
 

Sezarious

Explorer
GM: You would need a Slicer kit to un-scramble the mercs com messages although the DC is not high, it is impossible without

[sblock=OOC]. Oh, see I thought I purchased one before (Page 6 Post 55 IC thread. Though I made the roll for it on Page 21, Post 202 of the OOC thread. You had me make the gather information roll to find one and I got 17? Sorry, i went ahead and assumed at the time that it was a successful purchase, but should have asked you for clarification.[/sblock]
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The compact alien steps off the open ground and into the jungle before taking out the communicator, so that they're at least a little hidden when Jihahna does her thing.

She then helps narrow down the frequency, plugging-in her own datapad with a thick cable and relaying the results to the human female.

When the location of those worthies becomes clear: crick mumble jumble "Czerka mercs are quick to work."


OOC: Helping grants advantage on your roll in 5E, Sezarious. Doesn't look like you need it though. :)
 

Shayuri

First Post
Kacela takes a few steps away from the others towards the treeline, then stops and closes her eyes. The noises around her seem to fade to insignificance as she focuses instead on the swish of wind in trees, the distant burble of some stream, the hoots and rustles of living things rummaging around in the jungle. The Force is strong in this place, and she opens herself to its flow...trying to feel the eddies and currents. Most particularly 'listening' for the telltale dissonance of the Dark Side...

Use the Force [roll0]
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
guttural clicketty hum "What will theses ones do?" mildly inquires the ponchoed one from her squat near the mid-range communicator.

He's flipped up his pointed hood to keep the occasional condensation-drip from dropping directly on its chitinous head, but otherwise appears ready for whatever action may come.


OOC: With shreds of mist all over, I imagine everything not sun-dried is fairly wet and/or damp.
 

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna nods at Thirteen's information. "Thanks Thirteen." She bites her bottom lip as she listens to the fuzzy chatter, then looks to the gand and replies. "Well, I suggest that if we allow the mercs to kill off all the Kwi in this location, it's going to make it awfully difficult to prove their sentience AND to find out their side of the story. We probably should stop that from happening first. Maybe we'll find out more once we get there..."

With that, she stands up and decides to look around for any suspicious or nasty looking humanoids who might be watching or looking to ambush them. Something didn't add up. Getting here was too easy... She whispers to the others. "We should also make sure we're not being watched or followed." Jihahna further quietly activates her blaster rifle and readies herself for action. Paranoid is what others who didn't know Jihahna would call her, but she disagreed. She was always looking for patterns in enemy behaviour and taking a guess as to how they'd strike next.... She does not like how easy it was to land here...

[sblock=Mechanics]

_: 1D20+2 = [11]+2 = 13
[/sblock]

Feel free to play with this Greenkarl. Jihahna isn't necessarily paranoid, but she would definately have some level of post traumatic stress. At this point, the party could be approached by a friendly and Jihahna would be highly strung[/sblock]
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The gand appears mostly unmoved. jumble drone hum clacketty, burr clicketty "Jihahna Darut wants these ones to kill all twenty mercs?" she inquires.


OOC: Can we tell anything from the rhythm of the mercs' coded chatter, GreenKarl? i.e does it sound like clipped, high-strung battle chatter or something calmer (like a search pattern or the like)?
 

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna raises an eyebrow towards the Gand. "It sounded much better the way I said it, but I see your point. Okay then. Do we instead head north and find out what we can about them first. Either way, i don't really see a whole lot of options..." Jihahna again turns to look about her for danger.
 

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top