[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness


log in or register to remove this ad

GreenKarl

First Post
Stretching out her feelings Kacela is again impressed with the strength of the Force on this planet. It is so strong and full of life, and yet... something is off. There is a darkness here also that she can't quite identify. But it is not coming from the jungle... the shadow that is slowly stirring is stronger here in the mountains... but it seems to be coming from behind here, from somewhere in the mountains behind her...

From analyzing the comlink patters the team thinks the mercs are still moving south and they are fairly sure that its not 'attack' chatter as much as 'this way'.

The only other people around are those few crew unloading the Airhooper at the landing site. There is another hooper coming in for a loading as the group debates what to do next and a loader speeder is heading out from the mining camp towing a large cargo pod.
 

Shayuri

First Post
Kacela draws in a breath and nods, then turns to face the mountains.

"Something stirs in the Force," she announces gravely. "There." She points towards those imposing peaks. "I haven't felt anything quite like it before, but there is a coldness there. A shadow."
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
A short silence... Then the gand tilts its head questioningly and muffled sounds come from behind the vocoder hiding her mouth: click jumble drone high-drone "Does Kacela wish to hunt this force?"

For all that he seems unnaturally keen on observing the cargo pod as well, shifting over to get a better angle of view...


OOC1: Is there anything on our maps in the direction Kacela pointed to, GreenKarl?

OOC2: Also, anything odd or of note about the pod? He/She will observe it until it's out of view/loaded. Perception, with advantage for Compound Eyes: Illicit cargo: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10, 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23 = 23
 

Shayuri

First Post
Kacela smiles at the gand and spreads her hands. "The Force is everywhere. Would you hunt the air? The stars?"

"But there is something out there disturbing it...darkening it. I'm not sure it's related to the Kwi or Czerka, but if it is that could explain the momentary darkness I felt when the miners were about to attack us."
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Would you hunt the air? The stars?"
drone "Yes." No pause, no doubt.

Then she looks embarrassed, hesitates... and automatically dips her hooded head in deep apology. guttural burr click jumble soft-keen "'Arrogance', says this one's teachers..." crick CLICK "Forgive."

He would have questionned Kacela further, but is now too embarrased to.
 

GreenKarl

First Post
Looking over Cal's maps there is nothing really in the general area except the new mines (although Kacela can't really point at any exact point and say "here" its more just a general direction and feeling). As for the Airhoopers, nothing about it looks different then the one the team arrived in. When it lands a four miners unload and it pilot hops out and starts rigging up an external loader to carry a large load... probably the whatever the landspeeder coming this way is hauling.
 

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna glared at Kacela in anger. She shoulders her blaster. Paranoia gone, she has found the 'fight' she needed. "No! We've got TWO locations we can go! Not three. The IDEA that we would even CONSIDER listening to your damn... hokey religion garbage is absurd! I...."

Just as Jihahna does this, she too is looking over at the mountains. The feelings come flooding in. They begin to overwhelm her as she takes a knee, her breathing rapid, sweat running down her forehead, she is clearly frightened at what is going on.

OOC: Jihahnas subconscious is forcing a use the force check upon her. Greenkarl, feel free to take her over or something if it suits.

Forced use the force check

_: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21
 

GreenKarl

First Post
Opening herself to the Force (even unconsciously) Jihahnas feels... something dark and clammy... something 'stirring' deep in the mountains. A shadow, a darkness, or something she can't identify... slowly trying to awaken. The ex-merc is quite sure she does not want this... darkness to awaken...
 

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahnas breathing became even more rapid as she began to hyperventilate. Whatever it was that she saw awakening, she was picturing herself in its place. The time she awoke in the morgue in a tight long cadaver container screaming to be let out. The tears began streaming down her eyes. She was ashamed at what was happening to her in front of her associates... She had lost control; and the force was to blame.

Jihahna realised it now. The force terrified her. It was unknown, unpredictable and made her feel so strange. She could not move from her kneeling position. She was frozen in a combination of fear and embarrassment. "I'm sorry" she whispered. "So sorry..."​.
 
Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top