• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa indicates the two following him.

"A gnome and a construct, journeying to seek audience with the Duke. He has volunteered to accompany us."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Hello, everyone. I am Thulwar Metallurgist." Small creature coming behind Icosa doesn't resemble any gnomes you've seen thus far. It's skin is darker, eyes are strangely pale and the hair is bristly and leeched of color.

Quiter, behind the warforged:
"Icosa, I don't seek the audience, I'm seeking the cause of the disturbance."

Right next to him stands insectoid automata it's metallic joints moving smoothly as it regards the party from it's crystaline, multifaceted eyes. When Thulwar stops it crouches down on it's hind legs and hooks, lowering the strain on the joints, but still able to rise immediately if needed.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"This one is Sethmek Aanzu," the dragonborn introduces himself to the gnome, "Prince of Sethmandu. Does metal follow Thulwar, or does Thulwar follow metal?"

Aanzu subtly holds his sword, not in any threatening way but as if preventing the blade from magically moving towards the gnome.

Neurotic

"Good to meet you, Sethmek Aanzu. If you're talking about Tink, he's my creation and my protector." gnome looks at the entourage curiously

"Pardon me for asking...no insult intended, you understand, but WHAT are you? Apologies, I'm not familiar with all surface races. And shouldn't princes have entourage of the same people like themselves, not..." he gestures vaguely toward the party "...this mixed group." He brightens immediately as new idea strikes him.
"Unless you're all united expedition of races to find out more about The Quake. Are you?" he looks eagerly around.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Lyllie regards the dark gnome with curiosity, but remains quiet for the time being. She's heard stories of the deep gnomes before, but never imagined she'd actually encounter one.

JustinCase

Aanzu stares at the gnome for a while, his draconic visage unreadable.

Inside the dragonborn's mind, mixed emotions clash; outrage at the mere thought this peasant questions a member of royalty, curiosity about his naivety about the world, and a strange feeling of wanting to explain everything in great detail.

Eventually Aanzu simply says, "This one is Oathbreaker."

Then the dragonborn turns and walks away, moving several feet before standing alone, looking out towards their destination.

Neurotic

Thulwar nods at Lyllie, but quickly returns his gaze to the dragonborn, waiting for an explanation. And waiting.
When the answer finally comes, it only raises more questions, but he is not about to make them to retreating back of the strange being.

OOC:
I love the idea of Aanzu wondering and judging based on the attire - as far as you know, I may be the king of the Underrealm and not some peasant :)

Also, don't be surprised about some questions, Thulwar is more interested in how things work than in studies of politics and history. Isolated, preoccupied...and now in a whole new world totally different from his own.

JustinCase

OOC:
I love the idea of Aanzu wondering and judging based on the attire - as far as you know, I may be the king of the Underrealm and not some peasant :)

Also, don't be surprised about some questions, Thulwar is more interested in how things work than in studies of politics and history. Isolated, preoccupied...and now in a whole new world totally different from his own.

No worries, I just love roleplaying these interactions. We're both outsiders, but each in a very different way. Assumptions made on both sides makes for interesting encounters. :)

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

Harfik doesn't take his eyes off the bound merchants as Icosa and these two newcomers looking for any signs that then recognize them, fully expecting them to be more members of the mercenary company. He listens carefully to their words.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads