D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Realizing he is too far from the ogress to attack with surprise, Aanzu jumps down the cliff without caring whether he is being noticed, racing towards the eastern wall while swinging his mighty sword at the unfortunate goblin who happened to be in his way.

OOC: Initiative: [roll0]

Move from N31 to S31, attack goblin at T32, then move on to V31. If the goblin lives, he gets an opportunity attack on me.
Attack on goblin T32: [roll1]
Do I have advantage due to surprise? [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Aanzu is trying to reach X27 next round, so he can use his breath weapon on those magnificently lined-up foes. :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC:
Thulwar is on the wrong side of the cavern, I was hoping to free the slaves. With enhanced move (45') and goblin visage, he should probably be around AB 19 or higher (+- 2 spaces here or there to avoid notice).- This assumes two or more rounds of movement since Kethra is so far away and he started first. I realize this puts me alone on the wrong side of the cavern, that is just how I envisioned going for the slaves. And maybe I could get to the baby instead. Since we're starting combat immediately, I understand if you don't want to change my position.

Tink should be in free space close to the entrance (tackling attack on O29 or P28)

Greenmtn

Explorer
Seeing a mass of confusion and Kethra right in a position that she could easily be surrounded Harfik bolts out of his hiding place against the wall straight for the Goblin behind Kethra, seeing the crumbled wall he uses it to launch himself into the air, spear in hand, on the way down thrusts the spear at the Goblins neck before landing.
As soon as his feed hit the ground he crouches down and spins his legs lashing out like whips the first aiming for the back of the creatures knee to knock the creature down and the second looking to connect with the creatures face.

OOC:
Initiative: Assult on Orc camp Initiative: 1D20+3 = [13]+3 = 16

Move to U23
1st Attack: 1st Attack Goblin: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14

2nd and 3rd Attack: 2nd and 3rd Attack Goblin: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14
1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21

Damage for anything that hits:3 Damage rolls: 1D6+3 = [4]+3 = 7
1D6+3 = [4]+3 = 7
1D6+3 = [4]+3 = 7

Not sure if I get the bonus action attack during the surprise round or not. If not please ignore it.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Oh right, I think I can make an Extra Attack! Can I drop in a second one against the goblin? If not, feel free to ignore this roll for Aanzu.

Attack [roll0]
If advantage [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Re-reading the surprise rules; it simply says that a surprised PC/NPC misses the first round of combat, so it seems [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] you get the bonus action.

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa surveys the floor, taking advantage of the vantage point. Though there hasn't been much communication, he surmises the objective is to secure the infant and support its mother in what will presumably become a combat against the orcs and goblins.

The first stage of the plan required the infant to be insulated against retaliation efforts.

The shoulder weapon shivered, and reconfigured. The front end split into 'slices' like an orange, and a lens slide up in front of it from deeper in Icosa's shoulder. The whole array lit up brilliantly then, and instead of projecting blasts of deadly force, it sent forth a gauzy stream of shifting colors that played over the orcs and goblins gathered around the giant infant. Then it began stuttering a rapid series of incredibly bright pulses of light, designed to have a devastating effect on the nervous system.

He then descended from his lofty perch and started moving towards the child, intending to take it and remove it to somewhere safer.

On his way he started to pass a goblin just standing there, and gave it a baleful look with his hollow helmet's visor.

"Stand aside."

(Using Rod of the Pact Lord to recover a spell slot. Casting Hypnotic Pattern; affecting all squares in a box 30' to a side with corners on W22 and AB27. That encompasses all the orcs and goblins anywhere near the baby. They may make Wisdom saves at DC 16. Those who fail become incapacitated until the spell ends, or an adjacent creature spends an action to shake it out of its stupor. Skinning it as a sort of 'seizure' effect. :) He then moves to Q27; no stealth.)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I put Thulwar in AD22, still in goblin form - dash with 45' speed gets me in the mine via AA14 - hopefully first orc will go away to check, the other will be killed by the slave upraising :)

I marked hypnotic pattern area, not sure if it is maintained or it disappears once it attacks.
[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], if you attack the line, you'll snap them out of the hypnosis. Not stopping you, just be aware you're doing it.

Thulwar, by this point moving slowly so he doesn't attract attention, runs. As everyone turns toward the attackers, he dashes toward the slave miners passing incredibly quickly through the whole cave and entering the passage, even passing by the orc guard on the way, motioning to him back toward the exit as the roar of the surprised orcs raises behind him.

Once deep in the mine, he observes only one more guard and motions for him too to join the fray.

[sblock=Actions]
Thulwar
Move: AA14
Move2: AG8

Ongoing: (assuming two rounds of preparation movement)
Swift Step 3/6 remaining
Disguise self: better part of the hour remaing

Tink
Move: jump down to M28-N29
Attack: Tink claw attack vs O29; damage: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
2D6+5 = [2, 5]+5 = 12
- useless lump of metal!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(The Hypnotic Pattern has to be sustained by Icosa's concentration, but the area doesn't remain 'patterned' There's an instant 'flash' of effect, then it's all in the minds of the beings within the initial area)

hafrogman

Adventurer
OOC: My understanding is that these are actions for the surprise round, so I'm not posting as I'm busy nosily falling down the cliff =) If I am mistaken and you need an action for Yttrian, let me know and I'll edit it in here. [roll0]

Remove ads