D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Dispensables)

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Lets add some knock back to that. 1psi point should hit him into his buddy behind him. DC 12 Str check or take [roll0] extra damage and be knocked back 10 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

gargoyleking

Adventurer

Fradak

Explorer
Lorenn rushes into the corridor and pierces a guard with his rapier.

OOC:
Movement: To a guard, already in melee if possible (sneak).
Action: Booming Blade.
To hit: Rapier: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18

Rapier+Booming Blade: 2D8+3 = [2, 6]+3 = 11
Sneak: 1D6 = [3] = 3
BB Movement: 2D8 = [2, 4] = 6
Total: 14 (+6)

Bonus action: Disengage
Movement: Two steps back to induce the guard to follow.

Reaction: if hit (15-18), cast shield

[sblock=Statblock]
HP: 28
Potions: 2/4
Spell slots:
1st: 3/4
2nd: 1/2
Bladesong: 1/2
Arcane Recovery: 1/1

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto ducked as Drako sent his horrible dark energy rays at the guards on the other side of the door. Pyrus followed quickly with a burst of fire, almost blistering Sesto's ears. Terrus rushes past, great sword high in the air, nearly knocking Sesto over. Next, a couple of arrows fly past, narrowly missing Sesto but finding its mark. After all this, Sesto stays put and let go of another flame.

OOC: The narrative is not quite right since Sesto is mostly behind all these people but I had a little writing inspiration and it makes for a good story!!!
Action: Sesto casts Sacred Flame cantrip: Sacred Flame damage (Radiant, Dex save DC15 for no damage): 2D8 = [5, 1] = 6
Move: no
AC 18
HP 20/38 (11 from healing potion and 9 from Healing Words)
Spell slot used: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/3, 3rd 1/2
Channel Divinity used: 1/1

FitzTheRuke

Legend

Encounter: Guards

Round Two

One by one, the guards watching Dretchroyaster's audience chamber fell to the assault of the Dispensables.

GM: I did this round twice. I was almost done and I lost everything. I did it again, only to find out that all the guards died anyway. Sorry if my description wound up... lacking.
[sblock=Notes]
Drako 26 (J17) E-Blast 11 & 10 (Miss)
Pyrus 25 (to M18) FireBlast dc14 Dex vs G1 (14(0) Fire)
Terrus 25 (to J12) Sword 18 & Knockback dc12 Str vs G2 (Hit for 14 & 1)
Torbin 22 (I15) Bow 24 & 17 vs G4 (Hit for 9 & 4)
Sesto 13 (L15) Sacred Flame dc15 Dex Save vs G3 (6 radiant)
Lorenn 12 (to J11 then K9) Rapier 18 vs G1 (Hit for 14)
Guard5 9 (U17) (Stuck in other Room)
Zander 9 (to I9) Sword 17 vs G3 (Hit for 10)
Guard1 4 (I11) Dead
Guard2 4 (K11) Dead
Guard3 4 (H8) Dead
Guard4 4 (L8) Dead
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rolls]
Drako
Spell: 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11
1D10+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
1D10+4 = [10]+4 = 14

Zander
Attack: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17
1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10

Guards
Save: 1D20+1 = [15]+1 = 16
G1 Dex Save vs Pyrus (Made it)
Save: 1D20 = [3] = 3
G3 Dex Save vs Sesto (Fail)
[/sblock]
Damage Taken
PCs Drako 34, Lorenn 7, Pyrus 22, Sesto 18, Terrus 37, Torbin 8, Zander 0
BGs Guard1 0+14(0)+14=Dead, G2 0+15=Dead, G3 0+6+10=Dead, G4 0+9+4=Dead

AChamber2.png

FitzTheRuke

Legend
After a long and hard-fought battle, the Dispensables finally found themselves in momentary peace. There was time to mourn the loss of Bobranthus, to catch one's breath, and to decide what to do next...

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Torbin slips into the room and trains his bow through the doors until they are closed and secured. Releasing the tension on the bowstring he takes a moment to look around the chamber. "They'll probably take some time to lick their wounds. But I think we need to as well... Not so sure that this is a good place for it though..."

Keeping an arrow knocked, he eyed the treasure pile, though he stayed well away from it.

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The vaulted ceiling in this grand hall rises to around fifty feet. The sound of water comes from the dark ledge to the west. The large double doors to the north are each carved with the shape of huge eyes. The wall to the left of the door has a small alcove, like a statue is missing. The platform to the northeast is some fifteen feet off the ground and positively covered in many thousands of coins. The doors to the east are similar to other doors in the complex: heavy, steel-banded oak, secured with a ring-latch, with no visible lock.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Let me catch my breath, and my bearings," Zander said wiping the blood from his blade off with the hem of the dead guards robe. "I'll see if I can't be useful and figure out a good place to hunker down in."

OOC: DM told me before Zander knows this place, so hoping to get a bit of info to lay out for everyone.

Fradak

Explorer
"Barricade the door guys, they are coming." Lorenn rushes to the east door and quickly looks out. If it's safe, he lets Eko fly to get any info about enemy mouvements before closing the door and securing it with the ring-latch. Then he focuses on his familiar to see by his eyes.

Last edited:

Remove ads