• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If IKEA Made a Dedicated Gaming Table, Would You Buy It?

If IKEA Made a Gaming Table, Would You Buy It?

• Yes

Votes: 124 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 69 19.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 163 45.8%

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Just some pie in the skying here,

If you could buy a prefab gaming table would you? What would you want it to do? How big would you want it? Please add your comments.

Jack

It'd have to be pretty cheap, and provide a lot of utility. Not a combination I see as all that likely, but if they managed it, I'd certainly consider it.

takasi

First Post
It would have to be pretty big. We use a large long wooden table, two long folding tables and two small tables right now.

If it had the D&D logo I would probably buy it. I would buy a yellow dog if it was wearing a D&D logo.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
I'd like to see a fairly wide table (> 40") with a whiteboard tabletop. Possibly even a think white board sheet (or 2 half size for ease) that can be flipped with a grid on one side and blank on the other. Around the outside, it would be nice to have a set of trays for dice, pencils, and cups kind of like the way poker tables have them along the perimeter for chips.

Fieari

Explorer
If reasonably priced and had good utility, yes. I'm thinking along the lines of the "World's Greatest Gaming Table", except not quite as heavy. By this I mean stations for each player with a nice big surface on top, and a larger area for the DM.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
billd91 said:
I'd like to see a fairly wide table (> 40") with a whiteboard tabletop. Possibly even a think white board sheet (or 2 half size for ease) that can be flipped with a grid on one side and blank on the other. Around the outside, it would be nice to have a set of trays for dice, pencils, and cups kind of like the way poker tables have them along the perimeter for chips.
Sounds good to me. If it had player-niches (like the Agyris table), that'd be even better.

Of course, the GM side has to have some extras to it.

Aeric

Explorer
I voted no. It's been many many years since I've hosted a game at my house, and while it would be nice to convert my dad's old office into a game room, my gaming life simply isn't rich enough to warrant doing that. Plus, I've grown far too used to gaming in the living room, sitting on the couch and putting the battlemat on the coffee table or on the floor. It's comfy! Playing at a table feels weird now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads