IG's "Those Left Behind" Chapter 2

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

"I vote white plume, then," he says. I still don't know for sure what happened to Loddie or Vardi or Duran, but I'm thinkin' he knows 'bout at least one, and we owe him a little more personal for what he did ... out there," the large man gestures in the direction of the carnival, though it's hesitant, as if somehow merely pointing toward the atrocity might call it back in front of them.

"I know the chaos critters are big big nasties, but it's sounding more and more like that magistrate just wants us to up and disappear. He wouldn't take the word of a town priest as to what was down there; I'm not sure he's like to take anything we show him as proof. And if we're not--" here Shai nods to the undead staff, though he stops from whatever he was going to say, looking sheepishly at Caerwyn.

"Well," he says, "without a lot of help, I'm not sure how many more we can take on, anyway. Maybe if we get to the bottom of the magistate's secrets, we can either use that for gettin' his help or get him outta his office and get someone who really gives two tics 'bout this town."

Leif

Adventurer
Rogash interrupts whatever reply Talashia was working up to spew back at Uulark, and from the look in her eye it might be for the best that he does. At his question she gives him a brief annoyed look, but nods.

"Yes, staves like this have limited magic. Once the magic stored in them runs out it will be an ordinary carved tree branch. Suitable for helping old men walk, and little else."

She gives Uulark a pointed glare. "I'll leave whatever you can or can't do between you and your benefactors then. As for the rest of us, we should either head to the sewers, or concentrate on the plumed man...one or the other. Splitting attention only makes it likely to fail at both."

Despite her 'pointed glare' and icy demeanor, Uulark looks at Talashia with a broad smile and sugar and gumdrops in his eyes. "Thank you, Dear Lady, for not pronouncing a dire judgment upon me and my faith. { [Aside, sotto voce] (I was SOO worried, too!) } But, quite surprisingly, I find myself in total agreement with your assessment of our situation and our next course of action. As for the particulars thereof, I would tend to agree with Shaimon both because I believe him to be correct, and also because I tend to favor facing more chaos beasts later rather than sooner."

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
jkason;4698143[color=plum said:
"I know the chaos critters are big big nasties, but it's sounding more and more like that magistrate just wants us to up and disappear. He wouldn't take the word of a town priest as to what was down there; I'm not sure he's like to take anything we show him as proof. And if we're not--"[/color] here Shai nods to the undead staff, though he stops from whatever he was going to say, looking sheepishly at Caerwyn.

"Well," he says, "without a lot of help, I'm not sure how many more we can take on, anyway. Maybe if we get to the bottom of the magistate's secrets, we can either use that for gettin' his help or get him outta his office and get someone who really gives two tics 'bout this town."

Caerwyn looks to Shai and wonders what he was going to say. his attention is shortlives as he seems torn between which is more important.

"I only wonder what those two are really up to. those creatures hopefully will stay in the sewers while we are out., so I can only vote as to finding out what white plume and city boy are doing in their spare time. Or by Kord they just might create more trouble then what we can deal with. the chaos creatures are known. their location is known. the room of mutilated bodies is known ... wait. we never mentioned that room of pillers covered with dead bodies to the magister did we? i wonder if they have any thing to do with that?"

Shayuri

First Post
"No, Caerwyn," Talashia tells him reprovingly, "I didn't see any reason to tell them about that."

"As for where the plumed fellow is, last we saw he was at the Carnival. Shazi's keeping an eye on him, but there's no reason we can't go back and watch to see where he goes next. Just try to be discrete, or he'll see you and change his routine."

Friadoc

Explorer
Buurt flashes Talashia a tooth grin, as well as a wink, and says, "I think those of us with skills in discretion might want advise from someone who doesn't accidentally release skeletons from magic sticks."

Chuckling slightly, Buurt continues, "The more and more I see of how this town acts, the less I care about it. If not for the fact I was raised well, imparted with manners by good parents and folk, I'd not even be enticed to help them."

"I've a feeling that the chaos below is connect more to the surface than we think," adds Buurt. "What lies below is a different danger than above, but we need to figure out ending which will end both troubles. It's a gut feeling, but I think fighting the chaos below is like trying to dam up a flood plane with a small spade."

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Cleric7, AC18,FF15,T13, HP28/35

"It seems to me that the chaos beasts below our feet are more of a symptom rather than the root of the problem. I think we are best advised to do as Talashia suggests and keep and eye on the villain that we know, with the white plumage, and hope he leads us to other villains that we are not sure of yet."

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"sis, you don't think I was suggestint that we tell him do you?" never mind. dont answer that. I would agree witht eh both of you guys. leave the chaos beasts, find white plume and then feed him to the chaos beasts. " He looks at his sister with a smirk on his face.

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Cleric7, AC18,FF15,T13, HP35/35

Uulark excuses himself from the rest of the group for a moment, and withraws to a secluded corner where he can cast Cure Light Wounds on himself. Finally going to get rid of that nasty lingering damage!

Cure Light, 1d8+5=8 cure light on Uulark's own self (1d8+5=8) so Uulark is fully healed again, since he was only down 7.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

"Right, then," Shai says with a ridiculously big grin. "We all agreed on something, did you see that?" Though such a statement might seem sarcastic from some, Shai is clearly, entirely sincere in his joy and surprise at this. Dyspeer nudges his hand, bumping the druid out of his reverie.

"We should go now, then, before we figure out there's something new to argue about." With that, Shai heads out the door, down the stairs, and starts back for where they last saw White Plume.

Remove ads