IG's "Those Left Behind" Chapter 2

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Cleric7, AC18,FF15,T13, HP28?/35

Uulark remains where he is, but brings his spear into a defensive posture.

"Talashia, did you do that on purpose? You did do that, didn't you?"

Scotley

Hero
Rogash

"No I'd not see the whole city turned to goo either, its ju..
Gods!"
He reaches for his axe. "You can control that thing can't you girl?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Caerwyn draws steel, then aims his weapon toward the troll skeleton. "Talashia, even I know this is no time for pranks. "

Friadoc

Explorer
Buurt says nothing, for the moment, and just remains calm and collected. While the skeleton's appear surprised him, the half-orc is doing his best to now show it.

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

Shai jumps to his feet, though he quickly realizes the source of the new creature. A quick click of the druid's tongue brings Dyspeer to heel, though his ears remain tight against his head.

"Talashia, the last thing we need is more ..."

Dyspeer sits suddenly at an obvious change in his human's body language.

"Talashia, you know more about magic critters than me. Can the gooey ones turn one of ... those into goo?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Shai jumps to his feet, though he quickly realizes the source of the new creature. A quick click of the druid's tongue brings Dyspeer to heel, though his ears remain tight against his head.

"Talashia, the last thing we need is more ..."

Dyspeer sits suddenly at an obvious change in his human's body language.

"Talashia, you know more about magic critters than me. Can the gooey ones turn one of ... those into goo?"

"Shai, are you suggesting that my sister use an evil device to do dirty work? I would rather she set that thing aginst that crowd out there, then anything. but evil is still evil no matter how mudh good it may seem to bring about.

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia frowns in confusion at all the commotion, and starts to look around.

"What are you all blathering abou..."

On seeing the skeleton she actually emits a startled, and oddly girlish, shriek and jumps back a step. After a second, when it doesn't move, she calms down and puts her free hand over her heart.

"Gods...I didn't mean to do that," she breathes. "Usually there's a command word, or an act of will needed to use a device like this. Who in their right mind would make it possible to -accidentally- summon something like that?"

She looks around at Shai then and shakes her head.

"But no. As far as I understand, the undead would only be affected by things that affect...well, things that aren't alive, like doors and tables. They're just bones and flesh animated by magic. A chaos beast could no more change one of them than it could the flagstones under it."

Talashia focuses on the skeleton she'd accidentally called into the world and makes a shooing gesture. "Go away now," she urges it. "Begone! I...send you back!"

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Cleric7, AC18,FF15,T13, HP28?/35

"I am certainly not the one that would be expected to voice this idea first, gods preserve and keep me, but, Talashia, if you can summon a few of those undead beings whenever you like, then that may provide us just the edge we need against the chaos beasts. Ordinarily, I don't hold much truck with disturbing the sleep of the dearly departed, but it is a plan that is difficult to easily dismiss when you consider the aberrations that we face."

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Cleric7, AC18,FF15,T13, HP28/35

After thinking for a few moments more, Uulark chimes up again: You know, come to think of it, I can actually call up a few zombies to engage the beasts hand-to-hand while we stand back and attack from a safer distance. And it is entirely possible, if not downright likely, that the undead would also be immune to the horrific effects of the chaos beast's touch, as well... I would need to lay my hands upon some small black agate gems to complete the spell properly, however."

Last edited:

Remove ads