IG's "Those Left Behind" Chapter 2

Friadoc

Explorer
Buurt is silent as he follows the group, not only because he did not know the slain man, a man who was a companion to some of the party, but also because Buurt saw him taken, yet did nothing. It is a hard thing, although a familiar thing, to see the end result of a hard choice when it is made and today is one of those hard things.

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia glares daggers around the common room, and storms up the stairs to the room the others go to. By the time the party's gathered she's nearly in tears from frustration and anger. Shazi appears at the window, and she yanks it open, ushering the mephit into the room.

"Uh...this a bad time?" Shazi asks warily, sensing her emotions.

Talashia shakes her head, then nods. "Terrible. Come inside."

"Alright, that's not a conflicting message." He sits on the top of the dresser that sits right under the windowsill.

"I confess," Talashia says after a moment to compose herself, "the temptation to simply allow the beasts to multiply in the sewers and wash this city away in a mass of flesh is strong right now."

Scotley

Hero
Rogash

The dwarf very nearly pulls his axe to remove the limbs of the despicable fellow and his deplorable pantomime, but in the end reason prevails. Slaying this fool might jeopardize his ultimate goal of slaying the man in the white plumed hat. He stomps into the private room fire in his eyes and ice in his heart. "I never thought I'd be pleased to consort with one such as you spirit," he says to Shazi, "but I must confess I eagerly await your news."

Shayuri

First Post
Shazi eyes Rogash, clearly wary of the axe. "What is that supposed to mean, 'one such as you?' You have something against the air? What do you think you're breathing?"

Talashia shakes her head and cuts him off. "Shazi already led us to the white plumed hat...he went to the Carnival, remember?"

She looks at the mephit musingly and adds, "I'd like you to go back though, and follow him. See if you can find out where he's staying. Remember, stay out of sight. If you think you've been spotted, get back here."

The air spirit grumbles but gets back to his feet and opens the window. "Leave this unlocked or something, just in case you're all wasting time...oh, I mean, 'sleeping' when I get back." Then he's gone in a buzz of batty little wings.

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Cleric7, AC18,FF15,T13, HP28?/35

Talashia glares daggers around the common room, and storms up the stairs to the room the others go to. By the time the party's gathered she's nearly in tears from frustration and anger. Shazi appears at the window, and she yanks it open, ushering the mephit into the room.

"Uh...this a bad time?" Shazi asks warily, sensing her emotions.

Talashia shakes her head, then nods. "Terrible. Come inside."

"Alright, that's not a conflicting message." He sits on the top of the dresser that sits right under the windowsill.

"I confess," Talashia says after a moment to compose herself, "the temptation to simply allow the beasts to multiply in the sewers and wash this city away in a mass of flesh is strong right now."
"Yes, this is a great temptation, and it would be much easier to accomplish than the alternative, too. But, given our unique position and knowledge of the situation, I firmly believe that it is our duty and inescapable responsibility to do this cleansing work for the greater good of all those unknowing souls in the city whose lives will be spared by our destruction of the threat of the chaos beasts."

"I say this as much to convince MYSELF of the need to do it as for any other reason. The Gods of Light know that I relish this task not at all, and I pray earnestly that we may be delivered from the burden of this fate."

OOC: It's starting to look like we're ALL going to bitch and moan every step of the way during the whole march to our own funerals. See what you've done to us, IG? You've reduced us to petulant, whining little girls. Ain't you so PROUD?? :p

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

Shai frowns, sitting on the floor, Dyspeer curled up next to him.

"Well, I don't wanna let the whole town go gooey," he says, "but after all that, I'm sure not like to throw myself in for the full clean up, that's for sure. Look where it got Rokelsh.

"We told the magistrate we'd bring him proof, so I say that's what we do, and we let him sort out what to do next his own self."

A sudden notion seems to take Shai. Dyspeer, seeming to sense the change in his human, sits up, alert.

"Now, ya know, seems to me that white-plume fellow was a good friend of the magistrate. Ought to make him the best chance for proof, I think, either 'cause he sees one of the critters, or if he gets a crazy notion, 'cause he turns into one of 'em."

Dyspeer lets out a distressed whine, and Shai breaks a grin. "I don't mean push him at the thing, Dys. But he seems like the sort might be overconfident. Besides, the priest gave us what we need to keep him from changing all the way. That don't mean he couldn't learn a lesson by being afeared of the change, yeah? Might even make him more eager to tell his friend the magistrate."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I suspect that white plume and mgister are up to their ncks in some other scam, but if white plume were to accidently dissappear, the magister might be convinced to expose white plumes scam.

hey sis, I am sure that not evey one in this town deserves to turn gooy, so something does need to be done. We also encountered undead, i wonder if white plume might have somthing todo with that....

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia shakes her head and thumps the staff against the floor.

"The undead came from this. Remember? There was a sprite using it. And no, I wasn't being serious when I said we shouldn't save the city."

She takes a deep breath and releases it as a sigh.

"No, white-plume is more likely involved with the kobolds, and the vanishing of the former owner of the magic store. Which might explain the magistrate's reaction. He'd naturally be worried about anyone poking around down there...but the chaos beasts would be a threat to them too, so having people like us kill a score or so would suit them just fine."

"As long as we die in the end, of course," she adds with a smirk.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Dyspeer starts as Talashia pounds the staff onto the floor. Shaimon Hu'u notices the wolf's ears lay back as the wizard continues on with her speech, and he follows the wolf's gaze to the far corner of the room, in front of the door.

A light begins to grow seemingly out of nowhere, and starts to take shape before Shai can speak. Dyspeer's low growl is enough to grab the others' attention, as they turn in time to see the large skeletal materialize from nothing.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry guys. I tried to resist, I really did! But, it was just so... there!

Here's the initiative in case you want to fight. Keep in mind, you don't have to; it's technically an ally since Talashia summoned it. ;)

18 Uulark
17 Talashia
17 Troll Skeleton
15 Buurt
7 Shai
7 Dyspeer
5 Rogash
4 Caerwyn
[/sblock]

Remove ads