IG's "Those Left Behind" Chapter 2

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia gives Uulark a sour look.

"First, the ritual you're talking about doesn't summon undead from nothing. It animates a dead body, and is considered an abomination by the gods of light. Do you really think your patron overlord would grant you such a spell, or not hold you to account for casting it?" And second, I already said that the undead would NOT be subject to the chaos transformation.

She actually seems about to thump the staff again, then catches herself and actually snatches it away from the floor suspiciously.

"We need to plan our next move. Does anyone know where we might get a plan or map of the known sewer system besides the magistrate's office? I'm sure it won't be complete, but anything to cut down on our workload will be welcome."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I do not know directly, but I might know someone who knows someone that has a brother who ..." at this time he stops and says, "well, you get the idea. I need to find a bar at lunch time. right now, iIneed a bow and some good arrows and toget away from here."

OOC: has all of the lute loot been distributed to all the persons here?

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

"Shai, are you suggesting that my sister use an evil device to do dirty work? I would rather she set that thing aginst that crowd out there, then anything. but evil is still evil no matter how mudh good it may seem to bring about.

Shai cowers a bit at the chastisement.

"I didn't mean it were good, but I thought, you know, if the goo critters are bad, and the skellies are bad but can't turn into goo, maybe if we set 'em on each other, there'd be less bad when it was all done. We don't want to sell the staff 'cause we don't know who might use it, but if there's enough chaos critters down there, maybe we could burn out the staff, which cleans out the goo *and* the undead, so then there's no more evil left."

He smiles sheepishly as he ends, hoping his "evil math" adds up to someone more than just him.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
caerwyn just frowns and shakes his head, "this is giveing me a headache.I cannot condone that kind of action. What Talie did was an accident i am sure. As much as i wish things would work out, I am afraid two wrongs do not make a right."

Leif

Adventurer
Talashia gives Uulark a sour look.
"First, the ritual you're talking about doesn't summon undead from nothing. It animates a dead body, and is considered an abomination by the gods of light. Do you really think your patron overlord would grant you such a spell, or not hold you to account for casting it?" And second, I already said that the undead would NOT be subject to the chaos transformation.
"You forget, Dear, Sweet Lady," says Uulark with as much sickly sweet, oozing saccharine as he can muster in his voice, "That I do not limit myself to one patron, but call upon the divinity of a host of patrons. So, yes, I think I can do this thing. As for the ultimate results, I am uncertain, but I might well be willing to risk it if our ultimate goal was clearly and irreproachably good."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Rogash

The dwarf relaxes visibly after the undead is banished. "This matter puts me in a quandry at best. I believe in the logic of 'fight fire with fire' and 'the enemy of my enemy' business, but I still don't much care for summoning or raising the dead." He fingers a braid of his beard as he considers. "Tell me this, is that staff of limited uses? I mean if you call up enough dead will it eventually fail and be useless to anyone else? That's a worthy reason for us to us it now as far as I'm concerned."

Shayuri

First Post
Rogash interrupts whatever reply Talashia was working up to spew back at Uulark, and from the look in her eye it might be for the best that he does. At his question she gives him a brief annoyed look, but nods.

"Yes, staves like this have limited magic. Once the magic stored in them runs out it will be an ordinary carved tree branch. Suitable for helping old men walk, and little else."

She gives Uulark a pointed glare. "I'll leave whatever you can or can't do between you and your benefactors then. As for the rest of us, we should either head to the sewers, or concentrate on the plumed man...one or the other. Splitting attention only makes it likely to fail at both."

Remove ads