• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

"I'm BATMAN!" - Robert Pattison

Do you like Robert Pattison as Batman

• Yes, sounds good!

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No! That sounds like a terrible idea.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I have no idea. Was he Edward Scissorhands?

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I HAVE NOT FELT SO MUCH NERD RAGE SINCE THAT LAST GOT EPISODE!

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lowkey13

Exterminate all rational thought
Ledger was incredible...surprisingly so. He went to a dark place playing that character, and I honestly think it contributed to his death.

Not so much with the DC failure on its last few movies. Wonder Woman and Aquaman were both surprisingly good. And while I haven't seen Shazam! I do hear that it is a fun and entertaining movie. Maybe RP will get it right...if they don't make him sparkle...
I'm a little surprised by the poll results (caution- small sample!).

He's been doing a lot of really good work.

I think it's probably the Twilight memories people have; but he close to a Joaquin Phoenix-type than a pop idol.

lowkey13

But who is he? I seriously don't know.
He is most famous as the main character in the Twilight films.

He has since starred in many other films, including some Cronenberg films (such as Metropolis), the Lost City of Z, and High Life.

Istbor

Explorer
He is most famous as the main character in the Twilight films.

He has since starred in many other films, including some Cronenberg films (such as Metropolis), the Lost City of Z, and High Life.
Ah. Does he have the chops then? I have seen exactly zero of what he has been in.

lowkey13

Ah. Does he have the chops then? I have seen exactly zero of what he has been in.
Welp, I would say yes.

IMO, I think it's similar to Heath Ledger (to use an example many people are familiar with).

If you only knew him from, saym 10 Things I Hate About You, then you probably thought, "Why are they casting this guy as the Joker?"

OTOH, if you had been following him since then (Brokeback, Lords of Dogtown, The Order) you realized he was doing more serious roles, and doing them well.

FWIW, Pattinson has ALSO been cast in the next Nolan movie.

(of course, even a good actor doesn't guarantee a good movie; Reynolds is wonderfully charming and a great Deadpool, but Green Lantern was still terrible)

doctorbadwolf

Explorer
Michael Keaton is a great actor. He even nailed Ray Kroc in The Founder on Netflix.
Have not watched a Batman movie since the Dark Knight. When you basically nail perfection anything else is gonna look bad.
"Perfection"? lol oof. It's pretty good movie, with a batman that is...fine, I guess? It's probably the third best live action Batman movie, maybe 4th.

I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt. Keaton and Ledger were both highly derided choices until they proved to be excellent. Actors act!
And Pattinson is a morbid weirdo who comes across at a casual glance as a vapid pop star. Literally my only worry with him is the physical build, but if Keaton can pull it off, I'm sure he can too.

Advertisement