Immortals Handbook website back up

I love the old site. I still make heavy use of it. If it were possible for me to port it all into a single pdf, I totally would. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a luddite barbarian.
As it is, I have several key pages saved as pdfs and have collected a veritable library of notes from this site as well. Anyway, I'm rambling...Thank you for keeping the awesome alive.

Well I'm a bit of a sentimental sod buddy, so I'll keep the website going as long as I am able.

Though while I am here - anything you guys would like to see in the new (5e content) Website? Will have the epic dragon I don't think will be able to go in the book for copyright reasons, so will have a few monsters when it launches. Any thing else?

Perhaps a tutorial/short video on converting characters from vanilla 20th level to Divine Rank 1 could fit well with the new 5e website.

Well not sure about a "video" on the matter. I am not a Youtuber. Not to mention the Belfast accent is an acquired taste. :D

But I could have an article about how to convert such a character - EXTREMELY simple. I might convert my own (current) character who just hit Level 20 literally 3 hours ago after we demolished four Iron Golems (even with only two characters in this evenings session).

Well I'm a bit of a sentimental sod buddy, so I'll keep the website going as long as I am able.

Though while I am here - anything you guys would like to see in the new (5e content) Website? Will have the epic dragon I don't think will be able to go in the book for copyright reasons, so will have a few monsters when it launches. Any thing else?
Perhaps a conversion supplement to AD&D 2E from all the later editions? I'd very much love to see how you would do that. Nothing too crazy, just something for us supergeeks to reverse engineer. Kinda like when WOTC put out that small pdf for converting 2E to 3E, but for deities and such and for all editions.

I find the hardest parts to convert to be the size categories effects on AC and damage. I use ability scores over 25 for demigods, etc. with a max of 100 (similar to Wrath of The Immortals) and remove the THACO and AC caps entirely.

Perhaps a conversion supplement to AD&D 2E from all the later editions? I'd very much love to see how you would do that. Nothing too crazy, just something for us supergeeks to reverse engineer. Kinda like when WOTC put out that small pdf for converting 2E to 3E, but for deities and such and for all editions.

Something like that should be easy enough.

I find the hardest parts to convert to be the size categories effects on AC and damage. I use ability scores over 25 for demigods, etc. with a max of 100 (similar to Wrath of The Immortals) and remove the THACO and AC caps entirely.

There sort of was no specific mechanic for AC and Damage boosts by size in 1st/2nd Ed. as best I can remember. Though we always assumed a staggered +50% on HP between divine ranks which seemed in keeping with the 1st Ed. Deities & Demigods.

I do recall S'mon having an Overgod with AC -40 back in the day but we never got to fight that.

Hey there Distracted DM!

dave2008 pointed me this way from an old thread on Immortals, a rabbit hole led me to gain some interest in what folk had done for Immortal-style play in newer editions (most importantly 5e!)

Hopefully not long before I get my 5e Immortal Rulebook finished. Shaping up nicely. But still at least 2 months more work. Will be worth it though.

I'll keep an eye here for updates!

I'm not posting 5e content yet (until it's done). But should have a few cool things in the pipeline.

Might have a "Monster of the Month" where people could vote whether they wanted stats for Superman or Kratos...Goku or Galactus. etc.

I will have a new website for the 5e stuff. Will register the .com when I have the book within a week or so if being completed.

Remove ads