Immortals Index (Pantheons, Mythology Discussion)

historian said:

Hiya mate! :)

historian said:
I appreciate your reviews of other media; you would make a fine film critic.

I'd rather be making movies than critiquing them.

historian said:
I hope you're still developing you're Thor script?

Currently don't have the time to do any more work on all thing Thor related, although I tell a lie a few days ago I did 45 minutes of brainstorming and came up with five new villains for the comics.

The movie plotline was just a bit of fun, I had outlines for 15 or so movies based on the comics but I only have plotlines for the first two and I don't plan on posting the second one on the website. I'll save it for when Marvel hire me...along with my planned 400 issue run. ;)

I do have plotlines for a D&D movie ("Tomb of Horror"*) and outlines for a further 5.

*Which had Acererak as the major villain but wasn't overtly based on the module. It had the greatest movie finale in history - I kid you not. I'll post my synopsis for it sometime in the near future, it would make one heck of a movie.

Upper_Krust said:
I do have plotlines for a D&D movie ("Tomb of Horror"*) and outlines for a further 5.

*Which had Acererak as the major villain but wasn't overtly based on the module. It had the greatest movie finale in history - I kid you not. I'll post my synopsis for it sometime in the near future, it would make one heck of a movie.
Tomb of Horrors? Oh wow that is just... Evil. :)
So are the Immortal Index books the last on the publishing list or will they fill the gaps between bestiaries. Thats a lot of books, and with your speed, the number of pantheons and mythologies may double by the time you get them done :)
(though it will probobly just go fast since all the stat and ability systems are layed out)
Heh, since you list a few "secret" Indexes on you site, and if Ascension and the further books do really well, you could try and get licences to do Greyhawk and Faerun pantheons. (Good luck though, As WoTC probobly would play it like I play monopoly - buy every stupid thing, and never upgrade or update it, and just hope for winning through luck. As you can guess, I am not so good :))

historian

First Post
Which had Acererak as the major villain but wasn't overtly based on the module. It had the greatest movie finale in history - I kid you not. I'll post my synopsis for it sometime in the near future, it would make one heck of a movie.

This I must see.

Hiya dude! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Tomb of Horrors? Oh wow that is just... Evil. :)

It has Orcus in it, thats all I am saying for now...and thats not even the climax! :p

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
So are the Immortal Index books the last on the publishing list or will they fill the gaps between bestiaries.

Not sure yet, Ascension, Grimoire (those are locked in) then maybe Bestiary 2, Chronicle, Index 1, Bestiary 3, Index 2. Hows that.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Thats a lot of books, and with your speed, the number of pantheons and mythologies may double by the time you get them done :)

I know, I keep thinking we'll be on 4th Edition by the time I get them finished.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
(though it will probobly just go fast since all the stat and ability systems are layed out)

One thing I have learnt is that it never goes fast.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Heh, since you list a few "secret" Indexes on you site, and if Ascension and the further books do really well, you could try and get licences to do Greyhawk and Faerun pantheons.

Thats not waht those gaps are for, but cool idea...

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
(Good luck though, As WoTC probobly would play it like I play monopoly - buy every stupid thing, and never upgrade or update it, and just hope for winning through luck. As you can guess, I am not so good :))

...however, I can't see WotC letting me near their licenses...but then again, maybe after I am famous. :p

poilbrun

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
Not sure yet, Ascension, Grimoire (those are locked in) then maybe Bestiary 2, Chronicle, Index 1, Bestiary 3, Index 2. Hows that.
I would prefer to see Chronicle before the Bestiary 2, but maybe that's just me :confused:

paradox42

First Post
poilbrun said:
I would prefer to see Chronicle before the Bestiary 2, but maybe that's just me :confused:
Bestiary 2 before Chronicle for me. I can live without a discussion of full-on Immortal campaigns for a short while (okay, we know this is U_K we're talking about here, but still...) while using just the adventure ideas from the first two volumes of monsters when I need adventure ideas in this realm. For me it's a question of teasers, I suppose- he's been teasing us for months with mentions of the beasts that are coming in the second volume, like the Bi-Sects and other Entities, the Lipika, and several others, and I want payoff. :) There's also the fact that by the time Bestiary Volume 2 comes, we'll have the full rules for Ascension and Grimoire ready to use, so between the expected adventure ideas coming with the new monsters and everything in those two rulebooks, we should have plenty of adventure ideas to spark the imagination.

I expect it will take some time to transition a game from a simple Epic-level mortal one to a full-on Immortal game anyway, so in my case there's time for waiting.

Naturally, that's just me, others may agree or disagree as they choose.

thundershot

Adventurer
Personally, I'd rather have Chronicle before the other two Bestiaries. My players characters are getting really close to Epic, and they're fully aware that I've been keeping up on this series.

But I guess ANYthing would make me happy. Even more, I can't wait to have these in print so I can add them to my bookshelf. :D

Chris

poilbrun

Explorer
I'm less expecting the adventures than the rules on creating a divine realm. Knowing my players, I probably need this more than the rules to actually play the deity... It took them two whole gaming sessions to create the map and description of the castlethey plan to have built for them (they already know who will build it, what it will look like, but cannot settle for a location in the realm they're "dominating" if not yet ruling)

Hey guys! :)

Well the order hasn't been decided beyond Ascension then Grimoire (those are definite).

The reason Bestiary 2 may see the light of day before Chronicle is that it is relatively closer to completion.

Remove ads