Immortals Index (Pantheons, Mythology Discussion)

Hey Shadowninja matey! :)

ShadowNinja said:
So where's your directions with those three categories using the different mythologies?

Well I said it might be interesting to create something different for them, I didn't say I had created anything...at least not yet I haven't. :p

The Social nemesis is a Comic Birth.

Perhaps the Ethical Hegemony could spawn a Cosmic Plane, Sentient Demiplane or somesuch.

A Political Council might give rise to Dictatorship.

A Racial Dynasty could create a whole new race of beings.

If anyone has any ideas...

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
So, for example, an group combining Hierarchy and Pantheon (Like group of related LG deities that maintain some world's wellbeing.) should create an CE singular opposition, aka Demon Prince of Destruction ?

There is group of them, preserving and maitaining the planet. Collectively they are stronger by a risky margin from the DPoD. They cooperate etc and have group of powerful servants (like Solars).
DPoD is alone, stronger than any single deity by margin significiant for the deities to be unable to just gang on him and beat the snot out of him, surrounded by hordes of largery insignificant minions (demons below CR 10).

Did I read Your intention right, U_K ? :uhoh:

Hi Rikandur dude! :)

Rikandur Azebol said:
So, for example, an group combining Hierarchy and Pantheon (Like group of related LG deities that maintain some world's wellbeing.)

Interesting idea, I never thought to combine such parameters.

Rikandur Azebol said:
should create an CE singular opposition, aka Demon Prince of Destruction ?

Well technically they should create a trio of Chaotic Evil adversaries,

Pantheon Destroyer (Elder One)
Cosmic Umbilical (Dragon-like Greater God, new epic dragon type)
God-Slayer (Intermediate Deity)

Rikandur Azebol said:
There is group of them, preserving and maitaining the planet. Collectively they are stronger by a risky margin from the DPoD. They cooperate etc and have group of powerful servants (like Solars).

DPoD is alone, stronger than any single deity by margin significiant for the deities to be unable to just gang on him and beat the snot out of him, surrounded by hordes of largery insignificant minions (demons below CR 10).

Did I read Your intention right, U_K ? :uhoh:

Partly.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
How bout Pan? By your conversion notes...he and a few greek gods from 1st edition should be greater gods. Or how bout Graz'zt?

Last edited:

Hi dante dude! :)

dante58701 said:
How bout Pan? By your conversion notes...he and a few greek gods from 1st edition should be greater gods.

I'd just keep Pan a Lesser God. I know technically 320 HP converts to Greater, but really the only Greaters should be Pantheon Heads.

So a lot of those noted as being Greater Gods in 1st Ed. D&Dg are only Intermediate, Dionysus, Athena, Ares etc.

Pan is not one of the major Greek Gods in D&Dg and I don't see any reason for that to change.

dante58701 said:
Or how bout Graz'zt?

I think Graz'zt is Wizards of the Coast property, so if I were going to stat him it would be website only.

Although I definately think Pan has inspired the 3rd Ed. versions of Graz'zt. So I could probably get around it in a roundabout manner. ;)

Hi Rikandur mate! :)

Rikandur Azebol said:
Wich power level would You see Graz'zt at, U_K ? Lesser god ... or greater ? :)

At the moment Inter.

I used to think Lesser, but going over the Pantheons in detail it just makes far more sense to have the Demon Monarchs as Intermediate Gods.

I'd probably have:

Intermediate

Queen of Chaos 78 HD (But not a resident of the Abyss), was 117 HD when she ruled the Abyss
Demogorgon 75 HD
Fraz-Urb'luu 72 HD
Graz'zt 69 HD
Lolth 66 HD
Zuggtmoy 63 HD
Orcus 60 HD (weakened after his 'death')

Lesser

Pazuzu 58 HD
Obox-ob 56 HD
Dagon 55 HD
Malcanthet 54 HD
Baphomet 53 HD
Miska The Wolf Spider 52 HD (Not a resident of the Abyss) was 78 HD when the Queen of Chaos ruled the Abyss
Pale Night 52 HD
Yeenoghu 50 HD

Kostchtchie 48 HD or maybe 36 HD?
Juiblex 44 HD or maybe 33 HD?

dante58701

Banned
Banned
I do hope you make them.

I have a question regarding Hastur (The King in Yellow)...what portfolios would he have?

Would he be Entropy?

Last edited:

Remove ads